Do you do a daily devotional

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Do any of you have a daily devotional that you do.
I konw I am being really bad about this. For christmas last year, my brother (an ordained baptist minister) bought me and my husband a hand held digital bible with all differnet types of functions on it and it has a daily devotional on it as well).
I was doing this everyday for a while but lately i havent done it at all.
IT really inspired me throughout the day and I need tog et started back because my days are just not the same without it..

how about you all? Do you do any type of devotional, whether weekly or daily?

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

May 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
yes, I do a daily devotion. I recently bought a book that I am using. It is the entire New testament. It has old testament scriptures and a devotional in it. You are supposed to get through the entire new testament in a year. I just started it on Monday and I like it so far.

I was really bad about reading the Bible too. Just in the past 2 months, I have been doing a daily devotion. I am closer to God because of it!

May 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM
zonapellucida
I used to and have several books on my nightstand that are gathering dust
May 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM
alyssasmommy2001
I have a devotional Bible, and it has different devotionals. I don't have any set pattern, just which one I feel like doing when. I also do the MOM Series Bible Study, which I love. It is a great Bible study.
June 1st, 2004, 06:13 AM
Veteran
Well, I did have a devotional but I haven't been doing it lately. I really need to get back to it.
June 3rd, 2004, 01:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I too have gotten away from doing my daily devotions. I used to use a devotional Bible in which the devotions were written by Max Lucado, and I always really enjoyed that time, so I don't know why I don't do it anymore. My husband, who is a licensed Southern Baptist minister, seems to be so good at it, and he is a great spiritual help to me. I don't know why I don't follow his lead like I should. We also used to do a devotion together which we don't do anymore.

I appreciate this topic. It's helped me to realize how far away I've gotten from a good daily routine with God.

Lydia....due on Christmas Day!

June 3rd, 2004, 06:40 AM
Faith's Avatar Super Mommy
I do a couple things ... or try to. I haven't kept up with it as well as I should.

I subscribe to "Bible in a Year" - it's an email service that sends you scriptures to read daily. The link: http://www.bibleinayear.org/index.asp

I also like to read a little out of Max Lucado's books - each chapter is like a little devotional. Great for those mornings where I only get a minute or two - just long enough to read that and say a quick prayer.
July 23rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via MSN to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via Yahoo to chatterbox_n_floss
I do a daily devotional each day. I am re reading the purpose driven life. I also read a certain amount of the bible each day so that I can get thru it each year. I try to read a proverb a day as well. I also have a couple of books/studies that I have on going so I can do those as well.
August 16th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Regular
Yes, I just finished "Jesus the One & Only" by Beth Moore. Since then I have read Coming Clean by Jorge Valdez and now I am on the Power of a Praying Wife by Stormy Omatian. I like to do a long in depth study and when I finish it I like to read a few books before I jump right into something else really heavy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search