If you are married

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Do you and your husband pray together? How often?

Do you read your Bible together or do a devotional?

September 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
mouse_1203's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We pray at dinner. I would love to do it before bed too. I've been looking for a devotional or study to do, but have had no luck yet.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189e0d" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 5th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, my DH isn't really going to church with me right now. I think he's still upset with God because of our miscarriage. I keep trying to find little ways to bring it up to him that God isn't to blame. I would LOVE for him to do a bible study with me at church. We are doing the Beth Moore one on Daniel later this month and I know it's for women, but I'd love for him to get into this too...

I don't know if he prays on his own. I've always prayed in private before I go to bed, or when I get up in the morning and get on here. I pray throughout the day, as things come up that need prayer.. just so I won't forget

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

September 5th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have talked about it several times, but it always seems like something that stops us. I pray throughout the day as well. We just have such different schedules b/c he works nights so it just throws our whole life out of balance. I do get to pray with Eathan and Garrett though.

September 5th, 2007, 08:07 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We pray together for dinner too, but do our night time prayers and Bible studies separately. We take turns praying with Tyrael. I know we should make it a point to pray together at night before we go to bed. I think I'll bring that up again. Also, Wes and I are starting a new Sunday School class that we are teaching together, so that will be good to make us study our Bibles together. Good question, Melissa!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
I wish that we did . . . DH reads his bible a lot, but doesn't go to church with me and the kids or do any studies. I have my quiet time with the Lord in the morning, right after I get out of bed . . . I am always the first to rise in the morning . . . I also pray with the kids at bedtime and we pray as a family at mealtime.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
September 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am married, but my dh is not a man of faith. He does bow his head at dinner time or any meal time when myself or the kids pray over our meal.
I pray for him daily. I look forward to the day we pray together as husband and wife.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

September 5th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Veteran
I wish we prayed together and did studies together. We are going through a really rough part in our marriage and are actually living separately so it makes things difficult. He isn't choosing to live a very God centered life right now and I think he feels very convicted internally so he is pulling away from God. It makes life hard but I try and keep the hope alive for the future.

</div><div align="center">
</div>
September 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM
ginababyxoxo's Avatar Veteran
We try to pray with each other every night or when the mood strikes.

We read our Bibles separately and get daily devotions in email.
</div>
September 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Shaustin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Justin and I pray together sporadically. Its not everyday...but that's okay, better than nothing. I pray continuously throughout the day when something comes up...I like to have a continuous conversation going on with God!! We don't do any studies together, we did do a daily devotional together for a while, but haven't lately.

September 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Steve and I can't sleep if we don't pray together first. We've been doing it since the night we got married, and I guess it just stuck after awhile. I know I am blessed and that a lot of women don't have christian husbands, or husbands that pray with them.

We do a devotional book together before we go to bed too, but so often we go to bed tired and forget to do it, or don't do it because we are just so tired. We have talked about trying to find a different time to do it, but it is so hard with a toddler and with him working shift work!

September 7th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Steve and I can't sleep if we don't pray together first. We've been doing it since the night we got married, and I guess it just stuck after awhile. I know I am blessed and that a lot of women don't have christian husbands, or husbands that pray with them.[/b]
That is wonderful!!
I pray that for my daughters and my sons all the time. That they will have Godly husbands and wives. I pray that they will start right off in the beginning of their marriage turning it all over to God. Making Him first. Praying together for all things.

My husband is a Christian as well but our lives seem to get so busy with things that by bedtime I am exhausted and we just never do. When we were it was wonderful. There seemed to be such a unity between us. It brought the two of us so much closer together. You really made me think about wanting to start up again.

September 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
jasa299's Avatar Super Mommy
James & I pray together only during dinner or whenever we eat together. I've never really thought about praying together, but I think that is a wonderful idea and Im going to bring it up to him. He doesn't read his Bible although he really needs to. I've been slipping on that too lately.
September 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM
mogeu's Avatar Member
I want to. I think we would have a much stronger bond if we did. We are both Christians, but I feel that we have both slipped away from staying on track with God.
September 13th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Veteran
My husband and I usually pray together every morning and every night with the kids. But he just started a night job 2 weeks ago and so we've slacked. Today my husband called me in the kids in the room and told me that now that he's working night shift, we'll have to pray before he goes to work. We are currently living with my parents so it's easy to be distracted. He works from 7pm to 7am. He's felt convicted about not praying together as a family. I felt the same, but just never brought it up. I'm glad he did. So yea, we pray together.

Mother of Warrior, born May 15 2005 and Angel born Feb 7, 2007 and Joseph, Born 8/8/08

Quote:
We are blessed to be blessings- children are a gift from God

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search