*NEW* Question Queen FutureMamma (Jaime)

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2007, 07:15 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's your turn this week, Jaime! I hope you have fun with this. You are the last person on our list as of now! Here are some questions to get you started.

How long have you been married?
What's your favorite color?
How old/young are you?
Do you like where you are living? Would you move to another state if you could?
What kind of job do you have?
Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are their kinds and names?

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 9th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite book?

What are the things you like most about your husband?

How did you two meet?

How did he propose?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

September 9th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Shaustin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your favorite meal to cook?
What is your favorite meal to eat?
What is your favorite Bible verse?
Describe you typical day.
What would you say has been the toughest part of your life thus far?

September 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
*BUMP* She's only on during the week and I want to make sure she sees this thread.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Veteran
How long have you been married? We will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary on the 27th of this month!!!
What's your favorite color? I love red to wear and green to decorate
How old/young are you? I am 23 going on 30
Do you like where you are living? Would you move to another state if you could? I love where I am living (Washington state) but I would love to move to another state just to experience something different. We probably won't though as all my family is here and everything we know. Uprooting everything just seems overwhelming.
What kind of job do you have? I am in accounting/receptionist/admin work. I want to be a teacher and am going to go for a para ed degree so I can get my foot in the door. I am looking to start evening classes next week!
Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what are their kinds and names? We don't have any pets anymore. We used to have 2 bernese mountain/aussie dogs named Milo and Nemo that DH found on the side of the road as puppies. Nemo passed away and Milo we had to give away recently because we moved. I miss them tons!

</div><div align="center">
</div>
September 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Veteran
What is your favorite book? Oh man I can't just pick one...I love all Dee Henderson and Terri Blackstock books...seriously all of them! I am an avid reader and used to read a book a day as a kid. Some of my childhood favs were "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry" and "True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle" I probably read those books a hundred times each.

What are the things you like most about your husband? I love that he makes me feel safe and comfortable in my own skin. I love that I am comfortable with him to be myself and show my crazy side. He has a good sense of humor and is an amazing cook *Yum*

How did you two meet? We kind of met in an unusual way. I was a missionary to Jamaica a few times and became friends with some of the locals who then invited me to come back to JA just for a visit. I met Andre on one of those trips as my new local friends were his friends. We had a lot of friends in common and met through them. We all attended the same church in JA. We hung out in groups a lot and one day we got to talking and told each other that we really like each other in more of a friendship way and maybe we should consider going out just the 2 of us sometime. We did and hit it off extremely well and the rest is history. We ended up dating long distance for a while and I lived in JA for a while until we decided to get married and we filed for a visa for him to come to the states.

How did he propose? It isn't really the best story but here goes. I was leaving in a few days to go back to the states and we had talked tons about getting married so I knew it was gonna happen sometime soon (engagement). We were suppose to go out one evening and I was suppose to meet him at his place. When I got there he wasn't there...just the roomate. So I waited and waited and waited for over 2 hours. I was pretty upset as this was suppose to be a formal date and I was all dressed up and ready to go. Well I started walking home and actually met up with him in a taxi along the road. I was pretty upset cause I didn't understand why he was so late. He finally convinced me to come back to his place for a minute even though the date had to be cancelled. When we got to his place he told me that he loved me and explained that he was late because he traveled all the way to the capital city (2 hour taxi ride there and back) to pick up my engagement ring that he had been paying towards for months. He took out the ring, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. In its own special way it was fantastic

</div>
September 10th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Veteran
What is your favorite meal to cook? I love to cook and so does DH. I would have to say I love cooking Curry Chicken with dumplings (a Jamaican dish) and I love to use my crockpot!

What is your favorite meal to eat? I love Saltfish (salted Cod) with beans and special seasonings over rice or dumplings.

What is your favorite Bible verse? I have tons that I like but James 3:8 and 1:19-20 are at the top.

Describe you typical day. My days right now are pretty boring unfortunately. Get up @ 6am, get ready for work, pray and watch the local news. Leave for work at 7 and then work 7:30-4:30. It is a pretty boring job and not much goes on but it is paying the bills right now so that is all I can ask for. I have an hour lunch break which I usually spend in a local park eating my lunch and listening to the radio or doing my "homework" from bible study or counseling. It is my little quiet time and I have had many talks with God over my lunch break. After work I usually come home and make dinner and there is usually something to clean. I love to go for walks and do that when I can. I love to read and do puzzles and love the occasional game show on TV. My nights usually go pretty fast when I don't have anything planned. Some nights I work a second "job" helping my mom with her cleaning business and others I got to church for group. I am hoping to start school next week so then I will be doing that in the evenings. So after all that or a combo of that I get ready for bed and take a shower (I say my night prayers in the shower) and usually fall asleep on the couch watching some old time TV show or gameshow

What would you say has been the toughest part of your life thus far? Well my life has been difficult all along. I had a really rough childhood with a very abusive father. My parents divorced when I was 16 and even though my dad was out of the house my mom was a pretty big mess so it just made the problems different rather than better. I raised my younger sibs for a large part of my teenage years (cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, bedtime, permission slips etc).

I got out and moved on and although I remained close to my mom and sibs I was very lonely and missed being "mom" and feeling needed. It probably wasn't at the best place in life to get married and while I love my DH we are having lots of problems. I didn't really choose a guy that was mature and ready to be a husband. He was very active in church and we did many church things while in Jamaica but when he got here things changed and he fell in with the wrong crowd. So we tried counseling last year and he went a few times but doesn't think there is anything wrong and quit going. I continue to go and have come quite far and am extremely proud of the choices and decisions I am now making. Healthy God centered and God approved decisions. My DH and I separated in May. It was just too hard to live with someone the way he was and is currently being. I knew if I ever wanted to have a chance and getting our marriage back on track that we needed to be apart physically as it just got worse and worse each day. So here I am...my life nothing like what I dreamed but still holding on to God for guidance and support. I hope and pray that my DH will repent and turn back to God and quit the unGodly things that he is participating in. We still see each other often and go out on dates but so far he is refusing to get help so we are kind of at a standstill. Limbo I like to call it. I am sad that we are living separate but it honestly was the best thing for us so far. That way I am not always running behind him cleaning up after his messes and bailing him out of trouble. He is having to take responsibility and learn that there is consequences to his actions. So that is my life in a nutshell. A very hard and difficult life that I hope evens out sooner rather than later.

Sorry for posting so much...you all are really gonna know me at the end of it all

Jamie

</div>
September 10th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Shaustin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW Jamie, thanks for sharing all of that. I'm so sorry to hear about the things you have gone through, and the things you are going through. I truly admire your strength. I think its awesome that you sought out counseling, and have continued it in, and that you realized you needed to lean on God to guide and support you. He will not let you fall, I know this! I hope your days keep getting brighter and brighter!!!

What is the best vacation you've ever taken?
How long were you in Jamaica? What was the best part about it? What was the worst part about it?
What other states have you traveled to?
What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Do you like to play cards? If so, what is your favorite game?

Ok--I'm off to read your favorite Bible verses!!

September 11th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Thank you for sharing your struggles. I know that can't be easy to share, but it just may be an encouragement to someone else, as it was to me.

Do you prefer bottled water, filtered water, or tap water?
Do you like all the rain in Washington?
What is your favorite local thing there to do or see?
What kind of a car do you drive?
Do you get manicures/pedicures often?
Have you ever had a massage?
How often do you get your hair done? Are the changes usually subtle or drastic?

~Stacey

September 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Veteran
What is the best vacation you've ever taken? It would have to be Jamaica or maybe my trip to Leavenworth, Washington. It is a little Bavarian village in the mountains. It is absolutely gorgeous and I love the bavarian culture (and food )
How long were you in Jamaica? What was the best part about it? What was the worst part about it? I went to Jamaica a total of 8 times ranging anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Total I spent about a year in Jamaica. The best part has got to be the friendly people and culture. Totally amazing people. The worst part was the crime and violence that I would witness on occasion. It happened more in the larger cities than where I was staying but it was definitely something I had never experienced. I also had a rough time with all the poverty and horrible conditions that children and families were living in. It was very hard not to be able to help them all.
What other states have you traveled to? I have gone to Missouri a few times as a child to visit grandparents and we drove so I went through states along the way. We also visited my mom's friend in Utah and my aunt and uncle in Oregon. I went on a school trip to San Franscisco, CA and that is about it. I have been to a lot of airports in the midwest and east coast but not outside the airports lol! We live really close to Canada (5-10 min drive) so we go there often.
What is your favorite fast food restaurant? hmmm...We have a Hawaii BBQ fast food place that is amazing here. I also love Dairy Queen for the ice cream.
Do you like to play cards? If so, what is your favorite game? I love to play all types of board and card games. I love to play a game called "31" and "speed" and I recently learned to play Texas Hold Em for dorito chips. That is pretty fun.

</div>
September 11th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Veteran
Do you prefer bottled water, filtered water, or tap water? I usually drink bottled flavored water. Where we live the tap water doesn't taste that great so we only cook with it. So we have a filtering system as well as bottled water.
Do you like all the rain in Washington? The rain doesn't bother me so much as the gloomy dark days. People think it rains here a lot but really it doesn't accumulate to much. We have lots of rainy days but the rain isn't very hard. I love that the rain keeps everything green but I could definitely do without the moldy damp air.
What is your favorite local thing there to do or see? I love the Zoo and Aquarium. I don't get to go often as they are in Seattle (a 2 hour drive) but when I get the chance I won't miss it for the world. I also love Pike Place Market (big outdoor farmers market on the water where they throw fish through the air). It is an amazing place with lots of character.
What kind of a car do you drive? 2002 Kia Rio. Very basic but gets me from A to B.
Do you get manicures/pedicures often? Never have had them.
Have you ever had a massage? Not from a professional but from DH when I can convince him.
How often do you get your hair done? Are the changes usually subtle or drastic? I have horrible hair. Very fine and very thin = very frizzy. I have a really hard time with my hair so usually wear it up in a bun. I don't do much to my hair except get it cut or sometimes layered. I only do that every few months or so. I tried perming my hair for some curls 3 times but they all fell out in a matter of days because my hair was just to thin I don't like my hair!

</div>
September 12th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I know what you mean about the fine hair. I have it too. Look at it this way.....we don't have to blow dry for NEARLY as long as those with thick hair!

What is your favorite band or singer or both?
What is your favorite movie and why?
Do you wear perfume? If so, what kind?
What kinds of lotions do you like?
What kind of make-up do you wear?
Who has been the most influential person in your life so far (besides Christ)?
How do you like to serve in the church? Do you know what your gifts are?

~Stacey

September 13th, 2007, 09:15 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you a girly girl or more of a tomboy?
How many pairs of shoes do you own?
How many handbags do you have ?
Whats your favorite thing to do just for YOU?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

September 13th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Veteran
What is your favorite band or singer or both? Christian music I love Mary Mary, Nicole Mullins, Shabach, some Kirk Franklin and secular I love classical music and music with a good beat…I am not much of a country fan but I am loving Carrie Underwood and Kelli Pickler
What is your favorite movie and why? I love Dirty Dancing. I love it because I love to watch dancing and I love the music. The movie has many memories of me and my sis curled up on the couch together singing along to all the songs.
Do you wear perfume? If so, what kind? I usually just wear body spray (Vanilla or Love Secret from Victoria Secret) If I am going to wear perfume I LOVE “Lucky You”.
What kinds of lotions do you like? I love bath and body works…especially lavender & vanilla and warm vanilla sugar…I guess I really like vanilla
What kind of make-up do you wear? I just switched from Covergirl to Loreal True Match. I am really liking it…I only wear concealer, powder and some blush…very simple and natural.
Who has been the most influential person in your life so far (besides Christ)? I really don’t know, this is a tough one…I guess it would be my pastor in Jamaica who died last year. He was a true example of Christ and he accepted me for everything I was. He let me live in his house and treated me as one of his own. He did that with a lot of the local youth and I truly admired him.
How do you like to serve in the church? Do you know what your gifts are? I am still struggling to find my place in my new church. I have done a variety of things in past churches from missions, awana leader, Sunday school teacher, puppet ministry, youth group organizer and helped with admin stuff (print bulletins, scheduling etc)…I really don’t know what one I liked the best…they all had their good and bad. I am not sure exactly what my gifts are as I haven’t taken a test or anything…I would guess organization/administration and I love children and teaching.

Are you a girly girl or more of a tomboy? Very much a tomboy growing up but I am slowly developing into more of a girly girl. I am pretty girly but definitely still have some tomboy inside.
How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own probably a dozen or so but I only wear about 4-5 different pairs regularly.
How many handbags do you have ? I love handbags! I probably have 6…I have been practicing my self control very well
What’s your favorite thing to do just for YOU? I love to pack a little snack and grab a good book and head down to the ocean. Sit by the water and read. Nothing more relaxing. I also love to take a bath and read by candlelight.

</div>
September 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Sunshine412's Avatar Veteran
What one place in the world would you visit if money didn't matter?

What is your favorite thing about your husband?

What is your favorite thing about yourself?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search