Be a Prisoner of Hope

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2007, 08:44 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Be a Prisoner of Hope

Today's Scripture

“If you will be a prisoner of hope, God will restore back to you double everything that was stolen” (Zechariah 9:12).

Today's Word

Are you in an emotional prison today? You may not have thought about it that way, but if you are holding unforgiveness or bitterness towards someone who has wronged you—whether it was five, ten, or thirty years ago—that is an emotional prison. The Word of God promises that if you’ll step out of that prison and become a prisoner of hope, God will restore back to you double for your trouble! That means if someone does you wrong, instead of getting negative and bitter, your attitude should be, “They just did me a favor. They just qualified me for double.” That attitude will make you a prisoner of hope. When you’re a prisoner of hope, you simply can’t stop hoping. You are locked in! Lock into that attitude of victory that says, “I will not be defeated. It may look impossible, but I know God can do the impossible. They may have treated me wrong, but I’m not worried. I know God is my Vindicator. It may be taking a long time, but in due season I know I will reap if I just don’t give up.” Stand in that place of hope knowing that you will come out with twice the peace, twice the joy, and twice the victory today!

A Prayer for Today

Gracious, Heavenly Father, today I choose to release those who have wronged me. I know You are my Vindicator. You are my Redeemer. Today I choose to be a prisoner of hope. Teach me to see others the way You see them today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

September 12th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Awesome! Thank you for this!

</div><div align="center">
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search