Fussy Friday

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2007, 08:42 PM
mouse_1203's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is the one thing that always makes DD/DS fussy, and what do you do about it?

Since we don't have any little darlings, I'm gonna sit back and take notes on this one Teach me wise ones!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189e0d" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter mostly gets whiny when she's tired. I really try to keep her on schedule and make sure she gets her nap every day. Whining bugs the tar out of me!

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 14th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Veteran
I am gonna have to just take notes as well

</div><div align="center">
</div>
September 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM
lblackst's Avatar Super Mommy
I would say most definitely not getting enough sleep/taking naps when needed. I have a 12 year old, 7 year old, and 8 month old and crankiness sets in for all when they are tired (or hungry).

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” </div></span>
September 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Sunshine412's Avatar Veteran
I agree with the tired thing! I really can't blame Lily, I get cranky and whiny sometimes when I am too tired too! I just know how to control it better than she can :-) The other thing is if she's with someone who gives her things when she whines, she tries whining at home and when it doesn't work throws huge temper tantrums. I make sure to always tell everyone who is taking care of her that she is NOT allowed to have things when she whines for them, she HAS to ask like a big girl. Also, missing me can make her whiny, so I always make sure to pay special undivided attention to just her if I suspect the problem is just that she needs me to spend time with her, and that usually fixes the problem. And, of course, not feeling well will do it to any child! When Lily is sick, she likes juice, toast, blankets, baby dolls, and unlimited time to watch Dora. Also when she is trying to tell me something and I can't understand what she wants she will get frusterated and start to cry, so I just say something like, "Please be patient, I am trying really hard to understand what you're telling me" and she will sigh, take a big breath, and try again slower until I understand her. I hope this answers your question! Oh, and being passed around too much when she was an infant would make her REALLY fussy, so I had to learn to just tell people that they couldn't hold her at the moment; even though it disappointed them, it was best for Lily (and me).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search