Lurkers!

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2009, 10:27 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
We'd love to hear who is checking out the board! Let us know who you are!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

November 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Super Mommy
Well I just ventured in for the first time. I'm adopted. I was adopted at 5wks and it was a closed adoption but we started contact with my birthmom and half sister when I was 16. We met when I was 18 and now I'm really close with my sister (and my neice and nephew! Hubby and I are their guardians actually in my sister's will) and I talk with my birthmom on facebook quite often. She is more of a friend...maybe an aunt....but I've met almost her whole family including my sister's dad (he has a pic of me, his other daughter from a previous marriage and my sister up on facebook titled "my 3 girls"...he kind of consideres me a stepdaughter which is cool).

So all things adoption interest me. Dh and I considered it when we became prego with ds1 (we weren't married)...but decided to get married and keep him. It was the right decision for us...but putting me up for adoption was the right decision for my birthmom. I just want to thank all the birthparents out there because you did much more than give two people a child. Maybe more than anyone may truly be able to express to you. Birthmoms have a special place in my heart!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

November 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Welcome!! We are glad to have you! It is nice to see the other side. Please jump in and post anything and everything you may have on your mind.

November 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
I'm a luker. I just ventured in. I'm not adopted or a birth mother, but BOTH of my parents are adopted. They were closed adoptions and we know nothing about their birth parents. We all wonder about them all the time. I wanted to come in here and read about some of you girls who do know about your children and they know about you. I think it's awesome and my family wishes we had the same.

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]
November 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome! That is pretty neat and unusual that both of your parents were adopted! My father was adopted and his was closed as well. It makes things hard because you never know what things are genetic. I am sure the unknown from both sides can be very hard.

Oh and obviously I love your son's name! You don't see too many Owens!

November 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm a birth child I was adopted pretty much at birth, but I was able to spend some time with my bio father. I have contact with my birth father, but not my birth mother. (long story uggh) but I'm happy to have contact with my birth dad. I have 5 siblings on his side of the family and I love them all to bits. I'm hoping to adopt once I'm married and have a little money in the bank. Adoption is something very special to me and the guy I marry will have to support that.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
November 24th, 2009, 09:38 PM
We are glad to have you!

I'd love to hear more about your relationship with your birth dad. How did things evolve? Was he always in your life? What about your birth mom...was she ever in your life?

Welcome!

November 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always known about my bio dad, my adoptive parents were very open with me about my adoption. Bio-Dad and I offically met when I was two (about to turn three really). and we've been in contact ever since. I'm friends with him on facebook along with his wife (who thinks of me as a quasi-stepdaughter) and their oldest daughter (the other children are too young for facebook) we talk on the phone every couple of months and we visit about once a year. In fact, we even went to the same church congregation for a few years. He had to move becuase of his job but we still keep in contact.

My bio Mom. Uggh. She did not want me, she really wanted to have an abortion when she found out she was pregnant. I am so glad that I have the bio-father that I do. He fought so hard for me to live. I literally owe him my life.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
November 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsmith1996 View Post
I've always known about my bio dad, my adoptive parents were very open with me about my adoption. Bio-Dad and I offically met when I was two (about to turn three really). and we've been in contact ever since. I'm friends with him on facebook along with his wife (who thinks of me as a quasi-stepdaughter) and their oldest daughter (the other children are too young for facebook) we talk on the phone every couple of months and we visit about once a year. In fact, we even went to the same church congregation for a few years. He had to move becuase of his job but we still keep in contact.

My bio Mom. Uggh. She did not want me, she really wanted to have an abortion when she found out she was pregnant. I am so glad that I have the bio-father that I do. He fought so hard for me to live. I literally owe him my life.
That is pretty special! I am glad that you guys have that connection.

December 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM
So glad you found an answer that you are comfortable with Kelly. How is Caiden doing?? What are you doing for Reagan's birthday?

January 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
So glad things worked out for you Summer. It truly is a hard hard decision. I imagine her very small size was hard to battle through at first too. If you would like to share more of your story we would love to hear it. It does show one side of the birth mom. Also feel from to post or share as you are comfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search