Interesting thought...

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
When I got pregnant with Matthew I remember telling Clayton that this baby has to be a girl, I need my baby girl, I didn't give up my only shot at being Momma to a girl. When we found out our little bean was a boy I remember crying, I was so upset. That quickly wore off and I became excited, and now I (obviously) love having a little boy. But I still want that girl. People ask me how many kids we want and my response is always, "as many as it takes until I get a girl".

A few weeks ago I was teaching a Birth Mothers class as my adoption agency and one of the prospective adoptive Moms asked me if I thought God had given me a boy for a reason, maybe to help me move on with my life without trying to replace Rebecca with another child.

I had never thought about this before, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately. Now that I look back, I do think I had a boy for a reason beyond genetics. I think if this first post adoption baby was a girl there is a big chance I would be trying to replace Rebecca's memory with the new baby, by having a boy that was harder to do. I still want my girl because I like pink, and sparkles and little dresses way too much , but I don't think I want a girl for the same reason as I used to now.

Does any of this make sense to anyone else lol?
August 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
dismalgrin's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dismalgrin Send a message via Yahoo to dismalgrin
It makes sense to me. I had 3 three children 2 girls and one boy that don't live with me. I hope they can live with me in the future, but I def want another child before I get too old. Not to replace them, but because it feels right.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter</div>
August 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
It definitely is how I felt while pregnant with Leila! However once she was here it was so totally different in every way shape and form! The pregnancies sort of meshed together and made one set of memories. But once she was born and I brought her home with me that was a new ballgame, if that makes sense. I didn't get to have those memories with Olivia...but I was having them with LEILA. KWIM?

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search