Hi ladies...

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I posted here a bit ago asking some questions regarding a potential adoption situation that we knew about. Well that birth mother had a change of heart, but in the mean time we were contacted about a few others... it's been a whirlwind. I know you had mentioned before to keep you updated, so here's a quick update on what's going on.

Here is a link to my threads on my board about what is going on....
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...post-55-a.html (Overwhelmed... Update in Post #22!!!! And Post #55...)

And today's update thread after my first meeting with Momma C
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...ent-great.html (Back... and it went GREAT!)

At this point she seems pretty certain that this is the right path for herself and this little baby girl. I will keep praying that things will fall into place. I think it's natural for me to still have a small feeling of doubt, thinking everything will fall apart, but for the most part I'm just thrilled to be on this journey!

Anyway, hope you don't mind me popping over with an update. Any words of wisdom you might have would be greatly appreciated! I really respect your thoughts on this subject.... it's a perspective that I don't have and greatly appreciate having from you all!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

September 7th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!!
Thank you for keeping us updated, I've been thinking about you a lot lately! I am so so excited and happy for you! I don't know you well, but there is no doubt in my mind that you are a fantastic person and will be an amazing birth mother.
I found this really cool website the other day that sells Birth Mother gifts, mainly jewelry, I thought I'd pass it along in case you are considering getting her a gift for the hospital: the r house couture by therhouse on Etsy

Also, if your Birth Momma is in need of any extra support pre adoption, or post adoption I have a ton of great resources, so just let me know if you want me to pass anything along.

And again, Congrats!!!!!
September 7th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much Katie! I will surely talk with her about JM... I think she would like it here!

September 7th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we totally lucked out.... our BM texted me today inviting me to her u/s appointment on Thursday.... I will get to see our future baby girl in about 36 hours!

September 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Oh my gosh! That is sooo amazing.

That is something I regret about my pregnancy, I wish I had involved my daugther's parents more in the process of the pregnancy. OOHHHH I can't wait to hear how things go!
September 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I truly feel blessed.... I will update as soon as I can!

September 9th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Edit: whoops sorry ladies! thought this was the adoption board!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."

Last edited by future_adoption_mommy; September 9th, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
September 10th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was amazing! I feel great about all of this and so blessed!

I wrote out a LONG update... here is the link to the post on the MA board:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...e-and-pic.html (My Official upate... and A PIC!!!)

Amazing....

September 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
So awesome I'm so happy for you.
Thank you for keeping us updated, I've been thinking about you lots
September 20th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shantel will be coming over for dinner with her current boyfriend this week. I'm actually kind of nervous, even though I have spent enough time with her that it shouldn't phase me....

September 20th, 2010, 08:51 AM
That is awesome!!! I can completely understand why you would be nervous, but I bet all that will melt away as soon as she walks in the door. I think it's so great that you are developing such a great relationship with her

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search