Cards

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been thinking of making some adoption cards, and I wanted to include some cards for Birth Mothers, but I have no clue what to say. Do you girls have any ideas?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 4th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I promise I'm not ignoring your post.....I've been thinking a lot about this, and asking a few other Birth Moms I know. I promise I'll have a good response to you within a few days
October 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I figured you were just thinking about what to say. I knew my question wasn't going to be an easy one to answer.

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been thinking about this a ton lately, and asked a few other Birth Moms I know from my agency.

Every Birth Mom is different, but after talking to a few other Birth Mommas I've come up with this response for you lol!

I got lots of cards from friends and family and from my daughter’s parents after placing, and for birthdays and mothers days afterwards. The ones that meant the most to be are ones that touched upon the following (some of these are direct quotes, these were usually blank cards that friends and family wrote their own messages in
-We admire your strength and courage for placing the needs of your daughter before your own
-You listened to god’s direction, and he will heal your heart
-We are proud of you
-We are here to support you in this difficult time
-A Birthmothers role doesn’t end at Birth
-General we are proud of you, we admire you, thinking of you cards etc.

Also, I think it would be amazing if there were cards out there for Birth Mothers Day (the Saturday before Mothers Day) and Mother's Day cards for Birth Moms as well.

On my daughters 1st birthday her parents sent me a card, and they wrote:

Thinking of you on this very special day. Today is a day to celebrate the beautiful life that you brought into this world, and the day that you made our wishes come true. You are our hero, and we will forever be indebted to you. We can't even begin to imagine the heartache you have dealt with over this last year. We wish we could somehow put into words just how grateful we are, but the only words we seem to come up with are THANK YOU!

I think there are also a lot of great adoption quotes out there that would be great on cards. I know I have a few favorites, and I'm sure some of the other ladies on this board do as well. I think there was a post about adoption quotes not that long ago.
Sorry if this is a little all over the place, you definitely challenged me with this question. Please feel free to post any thoughts and ideas you have as you go along if you would like any feedback.
And by the way, I think it's pretty amazing that you even thought of this idea in the first place
October 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for the ideas Katie!

The reason I came up wth the idea for cards for Birthmom's is because I noticed even with the few Adoption related cards out there, there weren't any for birthmoms. and they're the reason Adoption is even an option for us adoptive parents.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search