Getting To Know You!

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it's time to update and refresh. So I would love if all members of this Board (Birth Momma's or not!) would update us:

For Birth Moms:

1. Your name/ age?
2. How long ago did you place your child?
3. Tell us about your birth child...

4. Do you have an open, semi open, or closed adoption?
5. Do you currently have a significant other, if so tell us about your SO
6. Any children or TTC?
7. Do you attend any kind of support group?
8. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers or those

considering placing their child?

And for those adoptive parents/hoping to adopt parents:
1. Name/Age
2. Do you currently have any children?
3. How long ago did you adopt / How long have you been wanting to adopt?
4. Are you/Did you, go through an adoption agency, or a private attorney?
5. Do you have/want a closed, open or semi open adoption?

October 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
1. Your name/ age? Katie, 24 (almost 25 )

2. How long ago did you place your child? 7 years ago, when I was 17

3. Tell us about your birth child... My daugther (birth name Rebecca) is 7 years old now, she is a beautiful girl, inside and out. She is the perfect mix of tom boy and girly girl, she likes to go fishing in her princess dress (haha), she rock climbs, skis, loves to play with her sister and play dress up. She is a very smart girl, who is doing great in school, and last year she started taking dance lessons.

4. Do you have an open, semi open, or closed adoption? We have a Semi-Open adoption, that over time has become more open.

5. Do you currently have a significant other, if so tell us about your SO. Yes, his name is Clayton. We aren't officially married, but I often refer to him as my hubby. The only reason why we aren't married yet, is because we can't afford a wedding right now, and our families would kill us if we just went to the Court house! He is a great guy, very loving and kind. He met Rebecca this year, which was very important to me. He is very supportive of my situation as a Birth Mom. He is 25, a former Marine, and is hopefully going back to school in January for Solar and Wind Energy.

6. Any children or TTC? Clayton and I have a son, Matthew, who is 1 1/2

7. Do you attend any kind of support group?At one time I started a Birth Mom support group through my agency, but it fizzled. I have met other Birth Moms in person and online, and when needed we gather together for support

considering placing their child? Follow your heart. And don't let others negative comments get you down. If in your heart you know that adoption is the best thing for your child, then do it. It will be hard, and it will hurt, but in the end you will be glad that you placed your child's needs first. Afterall, isn't that what being a mother is all about?
October 7th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Name/Age RJ, 22 (wow it seems like I just graduated from High School!)
2. Do you currently have any children? Not yet
3. How long ago did you adopt / How long have you been wanting to adopt? There's a ticker in my siggy, but I've wanted to adopt ever since Mothers day of this year. (2010)
4. Are you/Did you, go through an adoption agency, or a private attorney? I'm not sure yet, I'm not currently in the adoption process, so I'll make that decision at a later time.
5. Do you have/want a closed, open or semi open adoption? I want an open adoption!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 7th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And for those adoptive parents/hoping to adopt parents:
1. Name/Age: Kari (28)
2. Do you currently have any children? Not yet... soon I hope!
3. How long ago did you adopt / How long have you been wanting to adopt? We started the adoption process in January. Met our BM in September and she is due with a little girl on November 23rd. So SOON!
4. Are you/Did you, go through an adoption agency, or a private attorney? We went through an agency. Lutheran Social Services of MN, it's been nothing but a great experience so far.
5. Do you have/want a closed, open or semi open adoption? We want an open adoption, and so does our BM. We are so excited to add to our family in more ways than one!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Gosh, I just love the fact that so many more adoptive parents are open to open adoption. My adoption wasn't THAT long ago (wow 7 years...ago its been a while!) but when I was going through the process it was hard to find a lot of adoptive parents okay with an open adoption. I'm loving it
October 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM
JMC1988's Avatar *Summer Loving*
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
For Birth Moms:

1. Your name/ age? Jennifer - 22
2. How long ago did you place your child? - 6 years ago
3. Tell us about your birth child... - Birth name Cheyenne. Her dad and I have a special name Zoe for her, that she was named before her adoptive parents re-named here. She is everything I could have dreamed she would be. She looks just like her daddy and is really a mixture, personality wise of both of us. She is amazing in school and is being tested for going into the gifted program at school. She just started doing gymnastics and Jazz and Tap and Ballet. She is spunky and so wonderful.
4. Do you have an open, semi open, or closed adoption? Open
5. Do you currently have a significant other, if so tell us about your SO? There is someone in the works. We will see how it works out.
6. Any children or TTC? No children besides Cheyenne. With my ex-husband we were pregnant and I miscarried at a little over 9 weeks. Though, I have this baby fever so bad right now.
7. Do you attend any kind of support group? Nope
considering placing their child? Take each day as a gift. As Katie said, follow your heart! Make the best decision for you and your child. It will be the hardest and most painful thing you will ever do, but you are giving your child the BEST life possible. Be strong and when you feel you can't, sometimes it is best to cry and get angry and get it all out!

* Request A Siggy *Co-host of Siggies R Us*View My Gallery *
* Want a siggy designed quickly? Check out my Express Lane here *

October 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Jennifer - You are so right, sometimes you just need to cry and get angry
Sounds like your b-daughter is one smart cookie I can tell you are very very proud!!
October 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
JMC1988's Avatar *Summer Loving*
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claysgirl View Post
Jennifer - You are so right, sometimes you just need to cry and get angry
Sounds like your b-daughter is one smart cookie I can tell you are very very proud!!
Yeap, I found that when I cried and got angry, I felt best at those times, sometimes!

Yeah, she is, though I have no idea where she got it from, definitely not me. Ha! Must be from her dad! I am very proud, even though I gave her up, I am very proud that I was strong enough to make the best decision for her!

* Request A Siggy *Co-host of Siggies R Us*View My Gallery *
* Want a siggy designed quickly? Check out my Express Lane here *

October 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I know exactly what you mean! That is what I love about open adoption, knowing you made the right choice but still being able to know what is going on in our child's life, and being able to celebrate and be proud for great accomplishments!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search