Christmas Gifts for your Birth Kiddos?

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Birth Mommas:
Do you get Christmas gifts for your Birth Child/Children?
What do you usually get them?
Does anyone else in your family, or the birth father or his family send gifts?

Adoptive Mommas:
Do you/will you get a Christmas gift for your Birth Mom?
Will you allow the birth family to send gifts?

Do you get Christmas gifts for your Birth Child/Children? Yup! Every Year!

What do you usually get them? When I was pregnant with Rebecca I made her a build a bear. Every year I get her an outfit for her bear. Last year she started playing soccer so I got her a soccer outfit. I'm not sure what kind of outfit to get her this year! I also usually get a movie, a small toy or something along those lines. I want her to be able to keep some items from me, and I know her parents aren't going to want to hold onto a ton of toys, so it's nice to know that she can always keep her bear and a few of her favorite outifts I also always send a gift for her sister as well!

Does anyone else in your family, or the birth father or his family send gifts?
My Mom usually sends something small for Rebecca, but nothing from her Birth Dad or his family
October 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you/will you get a Christmas gift for your Birth Mom? I'm not going through the adoption process yet but if the adoption is open, I'll get presents for her and the other birth family members if we have an open relationship.

Will you allow the birth family to send gifts? as long as it's safe for my kids to be around them I'll let them send gifts.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
October 28th, 2010, 05:31 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Birth Mommas:
Do you get Christmas gifts for your Birth Child/Children? Every year! Some years I have more money than others so I get what I can.
What do you usually get them? It has changed over the years. Always at least one book for her birthday and/or Christmas since her birthday is the 4th of December. I struggle to find THE right book but insist that I do. Elsewise it is whatever her age group might be interested in at this point.
Does anyone else in your family, or the birth father or his family send gifts? No.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search