Let's get to know eachother!!!

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Mommy2twogirls
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">1. Your name/ age?

2. When did you place your child?

3. Tell us about your birth child...

4. Are you married now?

5. Any children or TTC?

6. Do you attend any kind of support group?

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers?

If you know of any birth mothers on JM... go get them!! Encourage them to start posting here. That way, we can get a great support ring going here.

Help me get this going, ladies!! We deserve a place for great support!
</span>

May 1st, 2007, 09:18 AM
Mommy2twogirls
I'll start....

1. Your name/ age?
Melissa/ 24

March 28, 2001

Her name is Katie. She is 6 years old. She lives in NC and is SOOOO happy there. We have an open adoption.. All of my girls are biological sisters. It is so cool to compare their looks and personalities. Katie is absolutely GORGEOUS ! (I'm not bias, at all.. ) She has blonde ringlets for hair and huge, beautiful brown eyes... Okay, I could go on for hours.. so I'll stop now...

4. Are you married now?
Yes, to Katie's birth father, Dustin. We are still VERY happy.

5. Any children or TTC?
I have two other girls- Lauren 3, Iris 1. I also have and angel baby that we lost in May '05. We are finished having children. We are planning to adopt an older child when our girls go to school.

Yes, I attend a monthly support group at The Gladney Center in Fort Worth, TX.

Keep going... it get's better. AND ~ YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON~ NEVER FORGET THAT ! As birth mothers, we have a bond that no one can explain. Not even us. As I love to say, it's a God thing. I can't wait to see this sub-forum grow!! Maybe so big that we need our own board!!
May 1st, 2007, 10:31 AM
septbaby03's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to septbaby03
1. Your name/ age?Jamie, 24

2. When did you place your child?I had him October 27th 2001, signed the papers October 29th 2001

3. Tell us about your birth child~He was born at 32 weeks 3lbs 12 oz a fighter that's for sure he was only on oxygen. We named him Matthew Daniel he is now a happy healthy 5yr old. We had a semi open adoption for a long time but recently they stopped all contact with the agency.

4. Are you married now?Yes

5. Any children or TTC?I have a 3yr old Steven

6. Do you attend any kind of support group?No but I wish I did but I dont think there is any around here

May 1st, 2007, 10:49 AM
Mommy2twogirls
Quote:
3. Tell us about your birth child~He was born at 32 weeks 3lbs 12 oz a fighter that's for sure he was only on oxygen. We named him Matthew Daniel he is now a happy healthy 5yr old. We had a semi open adoption for a long time but recently they stopped all contact with the agency.[/b]
I am so sorry to hear that... how are you handling that??
May 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
septbaby03's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to septbaby03
it was hard at first but i'm getting through it one day at a time
May 2nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
tsxylilmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your name/ age? Tammy/25

2. When did you place your child? Nov 15, 2005

3. Tell us about your birth child... Her name is Lainey Jane. Her a-parents and I picked out her first name and I gave her her middle name. She is 17 months old. We have a Semi-open adoption. They live in Kansas and I live in Washington State. She is a only child to her a-parents and is loved very much. She is really happy with them. They are wonderful they don't hide the fact that she is adopted and they send my girls Christmas presents and Birthday cards.

4. Are you married now? No

5. Any children or TTC? I have a 6 1/2 yr old Katelin, a 3 1/2 yr old Haylie, and am pregnant with another little girl Morgan.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? no, there isn't one around me.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? I really don't it all is still new to me. I miss her so much but I don't regret what I did.

May 9th, 2007, 12:08 PM
IndigoEyes's Avatar Regular
1. Your name/ age? Jennifer, 38 yrs.

2. When did you place your child? He was born 18 days overdue on January 29, 1992. 60 days later I went to court to award him to the State of Michigan. He living as a foster child with the adoptive parents, who filed to adopt him once I reliquished him to the state. A year later adoption was final and he was officially theirs.

3. Tell us about your birth child... His name is Adam. The a-mom and I picked it out together. I named him Adam James, they named him Adam Charles. He's 15 now. Plays ice hockey, is super tall like his birthfather. He's a fantastic young man. He's known I'm his birthmother since he was about 7 or 8, I think. We all have a wonderful relationship.

4. Are you married now? Yes, since Sept '03.

5. Any children or TTC? Yes. DS#1 is Ray, he's 19; DS#2 is Adam (relinquished), he's 15; DS#3 is Gavin, he's 4 and I'm expecting DS#4 and 5 (twins) this summer.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? Nothing other than the support of my family and friends, and the A-parents themselves. I'm also a member of the birthparent support forums over at adoption.com

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? You have given the greatest gift of all, not only to the A-parents, but to your birthchild as well. There's not an act that anyone can do that's more selfless. Believe in yourself! Believe in the choices you've made.. and believe that you had help from God in making those choices.
June 4th, 2007, 06:16 PM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
1. Your name/ age? Shannon, 28

2. When did you place your child? Hannah was born 4/8/98 and I signed papers on 4/11/98. The adoption was final on 10/11/98.

3. Tell us about your birth child...Hannah Morgan, born Morgan Layne is my first child. I love her so much and she lives with her parents and her brother in south Texas. She has a WONDERFUL family and I couldnt ask for anything more! We have a completely open adoption and she has known about the adoption since about day 1.

4. Are you married now? Yes, to my wonderful hubby Josh.

5. Any children or TTC? We have two, Addison, 2 and Preston 4 months

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? No, I have never done any support group at all.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? Everything happens for a reason and dont ever let anyone bring you down about what you did. You did it for you and for your child and only you knows what is right for you and your child!!!

I also completely agree with what Melissa said too! Well put Melissa!!
Preston-3
Cameron-1

June 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Mommy2twogirls
Shannon,
I am so glad that you came over!!!!!
Stick around!
June 6th, 2007, 07:30 PM
ShanMarie's Avatar Is it spring yet?
Quote:
Shannon,
I am so glad that you came over!!!!!
Stick around! [/b]
I will!!
Preston-3
Cameron-1

June 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
1. Your name/ age? My name is Jen, I am 26.

2. When did you place your child? Olivia was born December 4, 1998 with the papers signed December 7th.

3. Tell us about your birth child...She is a beautiful, intelligent, shy 8 year old! She is bi-racial and I have to say she is one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen-even if I try to stay impartial! She happily lives with her single mom in northern Illinois. She has no other siblings. She likes horses(has her own!), loves to read and color, and is very athletic. Unfortunately she was a product of rape(she will NEVER know that). I see her at least once a year with written and phone conversation as wanted by either party. We have a very open adoption.

4. Are you married now? No

5. Any children or TTC? I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first child after Olivia! It is both an exciting time and scary time due to all the remembering of everything gone through at that time.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? No...I needed therapy at one point and think I could use something but honestly I have never even really looked into it. Maybe I will now.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? Adoption is a very complex selfless act. Keep your chin up, don't stop the tears ever, and speak out about how you feel and what you are going through to those close to you. It does get better and better. Although there will always be a hole in your life you can be comforted by knowing that you made someone sooooo happy and fulfilled them in a way that they might never have known.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

August 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
raisininthesun's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to raisininthesun
<span style="font-family:Lucida Console"> None right now... maybe take it one day at a time?</span></span>

</span></span></span>
<span style="color:#000000">[/color][color="#000000"]
October 25th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chelly9405 Send a message via Yahoo to Chelly9405
1. Your name/ age? Chell/24

2. When did you place your child? November 3, 2005

His name is Patrick. He just turned 2 on September 4, 2005. He is my world. We have a very open adoption. He knows me as "Chell". We used to see each other a lot more often than we do now. I moved to North Carolina for school and they still live in Texas.

4. Are you married now? yes -- I got married October 18. 2007.

5. Any children or TTC? not yet.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? I used to when I lived in Texas. I have been unable to find any here in North Carolina.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? I'm not sure off the top of my head. I'm open to talk to anyone.
February 25th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Veteran
1. Your name/ age?
Catherine, but friends call me Cari... I'm 24.

Selah was born 07-27-06. I signed papers the 1st of August.

Selah... She's 1 1/2 years old now. She's the light of her parents eyes. We have an open adoption in which we share pictures, letters, phone calls, and visits! You can also see the YouTube video here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-q3enXZFqko

4. Are you married now?
No. I ended a long term relationship with my (now) ex girlfriend in June of 07.

5. Any children or TTC?
I wasn't trying... But I am currently pregnant, and amazingly enough, due 07-27-08!

I actually work with the adoption agency and attorney that I placed Selah for adoption with. I mentor to birthmoms and help adoptive couples with their profiles.

Don't be afraid to let your feelings show. It's okay to have regrets. Don't let anyone bring you down about the choices you made. Don't be afraid to cry. What you did was NOTHING to be ashamed of. Remember, you're pretty darn special!

August 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
tatanickel's Avatar Veteran
1. Your name/ age? Christina 26

2. When did you place your child? Oct 13 1997

3. Tell us about your birth child... He was born on Friday the thirteenth three years to the day that his birth father and I met. He was 7lbs 7 ounces and beautiful. It was an open adoption and I got to meet the birth parents and they were wonderful. They used to send me pictures through their lawyer but I haven't received anything in a while. He'll be 11 this year. I can't hardly believe it!

4. Are you married now? yes

5. Any children or TTC? I have a daughter Mya who was born Jan 17 2002. And we were TTC, but loss the baby at 14 weeks. Now we are WTTC until Feb 2009

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? No, but I should. I do see a therapist, though

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? It's the best and hardest decision I've ever made. I sometimes have regrets to this day, eventhough I know I did the best thing I could for him. I knew I couldn't take care of him at such a young age and I wanted him to have a better life than I ever did.
November 13th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Newbies
1. Your name/ age? Brianna/23

2. When did you place your child? November 17, 2006

3. Tell us about your birth child... Gabriel was born november 13th. he was born at 8:26am and weighed 8lb 2oz He is now 2 years old and says all B words

4. Are you married now? yes i just got married in august

5. Any children or TTC?: i have a little boy on the way i am now 21 weeks pregnant and due in march.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group?: i did at 1st but they didnt really seem to understand what i was going through. I dont usually like to tell people about what happened because of the way i was treated when he was born. They didnt really attend to me in the postpartum ward and pretty much judged me for what i was doing.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers?: if you are new to this i know its not easy. I spent the 1st 3 months after my son was born crying myself to sleep. I guess it was my way of dealing with things. But after 2 years it gets much easier. I have an open adoption and am very close with Gabriel's adoptive parents. It will get easier although i know it doesnt seem like it now. It will never go away but it as time goes on the void will begin to disappear. I sometimes i have to realize that i am expecting again and that i'm not going to go through what i went through last time. The void that i have is beginning to be field but i dont know if my new son will get as much love from me as Gabriel did. It scares me sometimes. I guess everyone reacts to things differently but for me i am so terrified that i will loose another baby because of a stupid mistake and getting with the wrong person but i have a very understanding husband and that makes it much easier for me.

December 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Claysgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Your name/ age? Katie, 23

2. When did you place your child? 2003 (17 years old)

3. Tell us about your birth child... Her name is Rebecca and she is a beautiful 5 and a 1/2 year old!

4. Are you married now? No, in a serious relationship

5. Any children or TTC? Currently pregnant with a little boy.

6. Do you attend any kind of support group? No

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? Trust your judgements, and don't let others who don't know you, or the situation to get you down.
December 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
tsxylilmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI Katie! hope to get to know you better. You are more then welcome to come on and post when you want. The board is a little slow but we have a great group of ladies.

Quote:
1. Your name/ age? Katie, 23

2. When did you place your child? 2003 (17 years old)

3. Tell us about your birth child... Her name is Rebecca and she is a beautiful 5 and a 1/2 year old!

4. Are you married now? No, in a serious relationship

5. Any children or TTC? Currently pregnant with a little boy.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? Trust your judgements, and don't let others who don't know you, or the situation to get you down.[/b]

January 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
1. Your name/ age?
Heather, 24

May 28th, 2004

3. Tell us about your birth child...Her name is Kate and she is almost 5 years old. She is the spitting image of me (curly hair and bright blue eyes). Its nearly impossible to tell our baby pictures apart. She is a big sister to Emily, adopted 2 years ago. It is an open adoption and I have a ton of pictures to share of her.

4. Are you married now? Getting married on Friday!

5. Any children or TTC? We will be TTC shortly after our honeymoon.

7. Do you have any words of advice for your fellow birth mothers? Don't let anyone push you into it. Once you make your decision and find your adoptive family, it will just click. You will know that everything is right. Giving up Kate for adoption was the best decision I could have made. She has everything you could imagine and more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search