question..

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to green_berry
I have a question and i didnt know where to post it so i hope its okay here. long story short i signed over my rights to my son about 5 years ago and before signing the papers we agreed it was to be open adoption.. but now she wont let me have anything to do with my son... The last time i got a picture was when he was 2... no e-mails.. i e-mail her all the time. I am now married and have a beautiful daughter. I just wish i could see my son or at least get pictures and emails, i have always felt incomplete without him...
I'm sorry for ranting, i just miss him. Do you know if theres anything i can do?? His father keeps trying to contact them to, but nothing comes from it. Has anyone delt with this?
May 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Mommy2twogirls
As far as I know, it is all up to the a-parents. Unfortunately, if they want to cut everything off, they can. Most agreements only go until 5 years...

I am sorry to hear this.. I'm sure it has to be devastating...
May 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Veteran
I'm in Canada so it might be different, but the agreement was until he was 18 and then he could decide... ugh it frustrates me so much, and we had writen on the signed document open adoption. I wonder if i contact the adoption agency because i didnt sign over my rights until he was 3 months..
May 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
septbaby03's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to septbaby03
I wish I could help i'm in the same boat but I have to go through the agency and the a parents wont contact them
May 3rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Veteran
Aww i'm sorry you are going through the same thing
May 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Mommy2twogirls
I just hate to see birth mothers have to go through something like this...

To me, it is like... okay, I gave you my CHILD.. all I am asking for is a letter or picture. Why is that so hard for them!?

I'm sorry, I just have some bitterness toward people that cannot get away from themselves and their lives, to help someone else feel better.

One of my VERY close friends just got told yesterday that she can no longer write letters to the a-parents, that contains any personal info about her. It broke her heart. She has decided to only send cards from now on... and leave the rest up to them. But, I cannot even imagine having to make that decision...

It is just heartbreaking...
May 4th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry your friend is going thru that right now. Sometimes i have that feeling like i made the biggest mistake by giving him up... i dont even know what he looks like, sounds like. All i remember is him being home with me from the hosptial, the way he smelled. Ugh. My heart just keeps aching for him.
May 14th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Mommy2twogirls
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. We hold onto the smells and sweet memories that we had with our babies, like they are the only things that will keep us going. I had the hardest time getting through the first year...

I stayed up 24 hours a day crying non-stop. I could hardly even work, because my heart was aching so badly to just hold her ONE more time. I will never forget having to leave the hospital without my baby... that was the worst feeling in the entire world.... I played "Wind Beneath My Wings" for her... I listened to that song non-stop all day.. That was the hardest year of my life..

We hold onto these memories... and they get us through every day. Knowing that someday, we will see our children again. Whether it is here on earth, or in Heaven.
May 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
IndigoEyes's Avatar Regular
I would say go through the agency. You might have better luck. I'm sorry they cut you off.. I couldn't imagine what that would do to me... especially now after 15 years of pure openness.. I'd be devistated if they cut me off now... ya know?

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Don't give up!! Going to the agency would be your best bet. Keep up posted!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search