38 weeks today...

Forum: Birth Moms

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
So 9 years ago around this time of year I was having a baby. I gave birth to Olivia when I was 38 weeks pregnant and I am just amazed that I am already at that point in this pregnancy.

Also, Olivia's birthday is flying up...she will be 9 on December 4th and I am just terrified that this baby will make her appearance on that same day. It is not something I think I could handle. It is hard enough knowing their birthdays will be so close to one another but for her to possibly be born on the same day...

Anyway, just an update to let you know I am doing fairly ok with it all. Maybe it has not hit yet that I am getting ready to be a "real" mom but I feel like I am ok. The gestational diabetes is going ok...I hate doing insulin shots and poking myself over and over in a day but for my baby I do it. Besides, it is almost over...

I hope everyone that sporadically posts on this board is doing well...I hope your holidays were/are good. Come around and say hi! We can all use each other at this time of year...

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

November 25th, 2007, 07:33 PM
tsxylilmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen glad to hear that over all your pregnancy is going well and that it is almost over. I think you will be a great mommy. Have you told Olivia and her mom about the baby yet?

Wow Olivia is going to be 9 yrs old on the 4th. My Birthdaughter just turned two back on Nov. 14th. How time flies.

November 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
melissa.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! You are so close!

Everything will be okay. Trust me. I had the same fears of being a mother again. I had alot of worries.. whether or not I would replace my birth daughter with the new baby.. if it would bring on all new pains.

I was very surprised when she was born and I was able to separate the two children perfectly. Your instincts will kick in.. and you will treat this baby with the same amount of love and care as you would Olivia.

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me. Also, if you need additional support, you can PM me for my email address.

November 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Thank you both so much. I think one of the biggest problems for me with all this is that she is due so close to Olivia's birthday. I am getting induced on the 6th and if I had not spoken up they were planning it for the 3rd-4th. That would just be too traumatic for me...

Tammy, sadly no I have not told them. I just can't get the nerve up to do it. I feel like it is something so huge that now that I have procrastinated it is too big to pop on them this late. Ugh...it is hard.

December 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Glad that you got your induction switched to a least a few days after Olivia's B-day.

I know how in a way it is hard for you to tell them about the baby. But I think that you should write them a letter telling them now instead of down the road after the baby is born. When I first wrote and told Lainey's mom that I was expecting again I was terrified exspecially since Lainey was just over a year old when I got pregnant and I felt that she would hate me forever for having a baby not long after giving her up for adoption. But her mom reassured me that they would let Lainey know that I did what was best for her. I truely don't think that Olivia or her mom are going to hate you or resent you for moving on with your life and having a baby 9 years later. But that is just my opinion. When the time comes to tell them you will know.

What are you naming her?

December 6th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Thank you for your kind words. I told them. I mustered the courage and did it the way that I knew I could not back down on or procrastinate with. It may not have been the nicest way to tell them but I sat down on Sunday night and wrote an email to Olivia's birth mom. She now knows and has even responded. She was very happy for me and very shocked. Also she said it was quite an interesting coincidence that their birthdays would be so close together. Anyway, I am glad it is off my chest.

Thank you once again for listening and responding ladies. It is appreciated and needed.

December 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I am glad to hear that you told them. I bet you feel relived now. HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search