Our Mabon & Esbat

Pagan References

For information regarding Holidays, Book of Shadows, Moon Phases, and other interests.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan References LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Will be adding as we do things.

Earlier today three branches feel from our front tree. I felt the urge to go scrounge around and find something natural from it but I didn't. But I still felt like I needed to find something in nature..... later on I found the Anise Talk about Harvesting!
Here is the Anise

Drying

I explained to Kailey that today is a holiday, two in fact. I explained that it is Mabon (she had fun saying that) and that it is also a full moon. During holidays it's a time to use crystals and herbs (since she was sitting next to the kitchen altar I figured it was best to point those out) and make wishes. They help us make our wishes come true.. like magic! Her eyes LIT UP! "I wanna do magic!!!" I told her that now is the time to harvest and you gather your items from your garden and plants and herbs that you need.

So, I showed Kailey what the Anise was, where I found it. We thanked the herb and I explained that it helps w/ stomach problems, it's used to make cookies and cakes, you can drink it as a tea and it also helps you sleep/dreams. She held the string while I gathered the stuff to dry it and explained that we use the seeds of the plant and it dries upside down so the bag can catch the seeds.

Chant:

Please dry with all of your magical properties.

Kailey said:
Please dry with all of your magical powers TOO CUTE!

After Nola falls asleep we will do reflection of the past year and what we wish for next year
__________________________________________________ ______________
Well, Kailey got sick tonight so it was off to bed w/ her. However I did decide to prune and dry my basil.

It now looks so small!

MORE IN POST #2

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Last edited by Earthy.Mama; September 23rd, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
September 23rd, 2010, 10:25 PM
I gathered a bowl full of moon water from the storm since I can't SEE the moon or Jupiter tonight. Cleansed ALL of my crystals (except the ones that can't go in water).

Then I performed my ritual in the shower (after the physical cleaning though ).

I gotta say, the crystals had MUCH more of an impact. I could feel their energy much better.

I then gave thanks to all that needed and performed a money/prosperity spell (coins in moon water).

Now I'm super charged instead of yawning. I asked for all my guides and God(s) to send me a message in dream land tonight. I also accepted/apologized/recognized some things that I was doing wrong that I'm really ready to change. As soon as I did this I had a flash of an olive branch Guess that means I'm forgiven!!

Get out of the shower and DH tells me he wants to TTC.

Today has certainly been interesting...

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 23rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that sounds like an emotionally filled and energy filled day! Thanks for sharing!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

September 24th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
It sounds like an amazing day. All my synchronicity happened on Wednesday, the day before actual Mabon, but hey.
Awww Kailey is gonna make such a cute little witch!

September 24th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Such an awesome day! Thank you for sharing

September 24th, 2010, 08:35 AM
It certainly was something! lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
ressa_moonstar's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ressa_moonstar Send a message via Yahoo to ressa_moonstar
very cool .. so happy for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search