Mabon/ Autumn Equinox

Pagan References

For information regarding Holidays, Book of Shadows, Moon Phases, and other interests.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan References LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Mabon – The Witch’s Thanksgiving

Mabon is the Sabbat where night and day are equal. This is the beginning of Fall and happens on or around September 21st. On Lammas, the plants were harvested, on Mabon the seeds are harvested to continue the cycle of death and rebirth. As such, it is often called the Second Harvest (for the seeds).

Mabon is a good time to cast spells of balance and harmony. It's also a time of change. Protection, wealth and prosperity spells are appropriate as well. Enjoy the fruits or our personal harvest… garden, family, job, accomplishments etc…

Symbols
wine, gourds, pine cones, acorns, grains, corn, apples, pomegranates (Persephone, Goddess of the Underworld), vines such as ivy, dried seeds

Herbs of Mabon
Acorn, benzoin, ferns, grains, honeysuckle, marigold, milkweed, myrrh, passionflower, rose, sage, solomon's seal, tobacco, thistle, vegetables, rue,yarrow, rosemary, walnut leaves and husks, mistletoe, saffron, chamomile, almond leaves, passionflower, frankincense, rose hips, bittersweet, sunflower, wheat, oak leaves, dried apple or apple seeds

Foods of Mabon
Breads, nuts, apples, pomegranates, and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions.

Incense of Mabon
Pine, sage, sweetgrass, myrhh
Autumn Blend-benzoin, myrrh, and sage.
Autumn Blend – Marigold, passionflower, fern (using frankincense or myrhh as a resin for Mabon incense).

Colors of Mabon
Red, orange, russet, maroon, brown, and gold.

Stones of Mabon
Sapphire, lapis lazuli, and yellow agates. Clear quarts, amber, peridot, diamond, gold, citrine, yellow topaz, cat’s eye, aventurine.

Deities of Mabon
Goddesses-Modron, Morgan, Epona, Persephone, Pamona and the Muses.
Gods-Mabon, Thoth, Thor, Hermes, and The Green Man.

Craft/Activities
*In a bowl, add dried leaves, a pumpkin, some gourds for a table centerpiece!
*Make wine.
*Make Apple Cider
*Apple Dolls
*Gather herbs and seeds.
*Make a place setting for those who have passed with food offerings.
*Witches Broom

Additional Info found here.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
your broom

great info! tfs

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽¸.☆
´ ¸.☆´ ☆
¸☆´
´Ż☆. ¸. ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. ¸.

August 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Thank you and you're welcome! I have 7 brooms that need to be decorated. I'd like to try to sell them.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm DETERMINED to celebrate Mabon. I haven't celebrated a Sabbat since Imbolc! I know! How bad is that!! ugh. life.

Wealth and prosperity is my top priority right now so I will be casting a spell for that. I'm going to start making temporary Sabbat-linked altars too, so this will give me lots of Mabon ideas. I have a prosperity spell to try in one of my spiritual mags: I need to do my cuttings into my BoS and when I find it I'll share it here.

August 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
I am going to follow inspiration by Bella's apple post. I am going to do a dried apple wreath (with cinnamon of course) as thanks. I would love to decorate a broom too. That wouldn't be too hard.

August 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystix View Post
I am going to follow inspiration by Bella's apple post. I am going to do a dried apple wreath (with cinnamon of course) as thanks. I would love to decorate a broom too. That wouldn't be too hard.
I bought it at the grocery store for $5. It is "cinnamon" scented but it's now lost it's scent unless you shove your nose in it I'm going to buy a few this year

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...nox-mabon.html

Just wanted to add a link to the other thread so it doesn't get lost. Great info by the way!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

September 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Oh I missed your link under the last picture. Sorry about re-posting the link.

September 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roving_gypsy View Post
Oh I missed your link under the last picture. Sorry about re-posting the link.
It's linked under the picture of the broom already The more info the better!! ♥

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah I noticed it after I posted, lol I had missed it the first time. I agree all the more info the better!

September 12th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Money Luck Spell

On the Wednesday of a new moon, place a cheque/bank book, some loose coins, a magnet and a piece of string on a table (or altar). Carve your name into the wax of a green candle along with the words "Money Luck" before placing it with the other items and lighting it. Then say x 7:
"Angel Goddess of luck and money, I direct my plea, the money I need is for good, And not for greed."
Then say: "So mote it be."
Let the candle burn down, then keep the magnet in your handbag (away from credit cards) and string in your purse. Be alert for an unexpected windfall.

To Attract The Money You Need
(This is what I'll be doing on Mabon, using the magic salt I'm making tonight - see the SF of shadows and I'll post it).
Take a green pen and write down the amount you need on a piece of green paper, then fold it twice. Open it again and sprinkle a pinch of magic salt on to your writing. Refold the paper, then say x 6 while holding it in your right hand:
"Money Lord, hear my plea, look my way, look my way. Bring your abundance to me, by the power of magic in me. Thank you, so mote it be."
Place the folded paper in your purse for at least 28 days and you should see an improvement in your cash flow.

Shell Wealth Charm

Take a shell and ask it to be your lucky charm, helping you increase your income in magical ways. Now place it in your purse until you see an increase in funds. (I'm charging my shell in the full moon as well - just to be sure!)

PLEASE NOTE These are things I found and thought I'd try from magazines. I am trying the shell charm from today/tomorrow and the middle spell on Mabon. So I can't say whether or not they work until after!!! But feel free to try them along with me!!!

September 12th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Love these thank you!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search