General Candle Magic Spell

Pagan References

For information regarding Holidays, Book of Shadows, Moon Phases, and other interests.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LadyRogue
  • 1 Post By Niamh ૐ
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pagan References LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
This spell calls for certain supplies that correspond to the type of spell you are doing.

General Candle Magick Spell

Supplies
  • 1 candle (colour corresponding to the type of spell)
  • some dried herbs (corresponding to the type of spell) laying in a plate.
  • some herb-oil (corresponding to the type of spell)
  • a needle or boline (cutting knife)
  • a lighter (to light the candle)
  • candle holder
Cast your magic circle, call your directional energies and any deites and/or spirits.

Sit in front of your altar (if doing this at night, you may want some other candles lit so that you can see) and think about the intent of your spell. Imagine that your desire has come true. SEE yourself (or the person you are doing the spell for) achieving the goal.

Grab the candle. With the needle (or boline) enscribe a symbol representing your desire. Write your name (or the name of the person you are doing the spell for) in the candle with the needle.

Take the oil and rub it all over the candle in a clockwise manner. Roll the coated candle in the herbs until you are satisfied with the amount of herbs sticking to the candle.

Place the candle in the candle holder. Charge the candle with your intent by holding your hands over it and chanting something like:
"Prosperity, Wealth, Money, Success!" (or whatever your intent is)

When you feel you have chanted enough and that the candle is charged, light the candle while visualizing your goal coming true.

State your intent. What do you want this spell to accomplish? Be specific.

Then do something to raise energy. Dance, sing, chant, meditate, play an instrument, or anything you can think of to raise energy. Once you feel the energy reach its peak, thrust your arms up to send the energy out into the universe.

If the candle is still going, snuff it out, put it in a baggy and keep it on you at all times (in your pillow while you sleep, in your pocket/purse/wallet or around your neck during the day) and repeat the spell every night (or when you can) until the candle burns out.

Ground your excess energy by touching your hands to the ground, imagining that they are reaching down into the earth. They are roots and you are the tree. Let all that magical energy seep from you and into the earth. Pull your roots back up and center yourself.

Thank any deities/spirits you invited and say farewell. Do the same to the directional energies. Close your circle.

Eat something to regain some of your natural energies back. Doing magic can sometimes take a lot out of you.

There is a saying in the Craft that once magic is done, forget about it! This means that if you are constantly thinking about your magick and whether its going to happen or not, you are sending out negative energy. If you find yourself thinking this way stop and start your chant again to change it to positive energy.

This spell can be adapted to however you wish. You can change, add, or take away anything you want. Sometimes I like to light a candle for the God and a candle for the Goddess when I invite them into my circle. You can do this too, if you wish.

If you have an Astral/Magic Journal, you might want to record the spell and the results in it. If your spell doesnt occur within a month, do it again. If after a full month it still doesnt occur... then it may not be the right time, you should hold off until the time is right. Before doing a spell, try some simple divination to see if its the right time.

Good luck and Blessed Be!

October 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Thank you for this. I have never tried a spell before but I feel very draw to it. I am very naive because all of this is very new to me, but I know spituality is something very powerful and deep.
Bless You!

February 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
LadyRogue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! I like this variation. Usually, I leave the candle to burn until it burns out. I hadn't thought to keep it with me and complete the ritual each evening, putting the candle out afterward. I can see how this would make it a much more powerful casting than simply completing it once. I will give this a try.
Niamh ૐ likes this.
March 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Just looking over this spell.

This is pretty much my go-to spell for any purpose. I wanted to add though, that one thing I've found that really helps me focus my energies and the purpose of my spells is to incorporate tarot cards and spreads in this spell. The book Tarot Spells, by Janina Renee has some great tarot spreads used for spellwork. I found them to be a great help.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

March 14th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
For how long I've done tarot, I've never used them for spells... I think I will work something up this week!
Niamh ૐ likes this.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search