Strawberry Recipes?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking on a Frugal Budget LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2010, 02:40 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Does anyone have any good recipes that include strawberries?

I have been buying a lot of strawberries because I love them and I have been finding them at great prices. But, I'm running out of things to do with them! lol
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
June 2nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably not what you're looking for, but my favorite is the low sugar strawberry daiquiri!

Make sugar free strawberry jell-o, add strawberries, ice cubes, and rum to taste in a blender and mix. I can't wait until I'm not pregnant any more and can have my strawberry daiquiris again!

June 6th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Oh, that sounds yummy!
October 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have the recipe handy right now... but have you tried strawberry rhubarb pie? MMm its so good. The two contrast a bit so you get a sour and sweet mix. If you are intrested in trying it (maybe next year since this was posted some time ago, rhubarb is a summer produce) just look it up on allrecipes or something. I use a graham cracker crust, make the filling then top it with cool whip and refridgerate until its good and set. Extremely good, never lasts long.

Rhubarb is not cheap btw. Maybe you can find it at a farmer's market and it will be cheaper. Sometimes you can find it on sale. Might be offset too by the fact that you're finding strawberries at such good prices and the crust/topping are pretty cheap.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
October 12th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I never even thought about that! My mother-in-law makes this and it's pretty good. Yeah, I'm going to try it next year!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search