Chicken Quesadillas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Cooking on a Frugal Budget LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2007, 08:22 PM
CBMS
Chicken (I used two smallish breast fillets, one medium to large breast would also be ample--that's for a family of four plus a toddler)
tortillas (homemade)
approximately 3 TBSP diced tomatoes
1 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika
onion
pepper
cheese
sour cream
salsa

I made the tortillas, and kept them warm while I cut the chicken into dices, diced the onion and pepper, and put the seasonings into a little dish together. I put a little oil in the pan and started cooking the chicken. I cooked through, and then added the onion and pepper and cooked a couple minutes. Then sprinkled the seasonings on and mixed them in. Then added the tomatoes (drained), and cooked a couple more minutes. I had to add about 1 TBSP water to get everything evenly coated with the seasonings. Then I very lightly put shortening on one side of the tortilla, put the chicken mix in (on the side that doesn't have shortening), added cheese, folded over, and cooked in a pan until slightly crispy and the cheese was nicely melted. Then I served with the salsa and sour cream on the side. They were SO GOOD.
September 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will have to try this!
September 21st, 2007, 03:18 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Sounds yummy! I can't wait to try this one! DF will LOVE it!
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

September 22nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
These are absolutely delicious!!! I fixed it for my family last monday and they all loved it. I even made the tortilla. I need to sork on those but these are awesome.

Thanks Kim.
April 14th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For variations on the recipe, add scrambled eggs (I know it sounds weird but it tastes great!) or black beans).

April 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
frugality=reality
That does not sound good to me.

(this is my recipe; my other account went byebye). I like chorizo (though I eat vegetarian chorizo) and egg in a tortilla... but I don't know if I'd be gutsy enough to try the egg in this...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search