When did you start to show?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies.

I know that everyone is different but I just wanted to know when in your pregnancy did you start to 'show'. I am now just over 9 weeks (ticker is slightly incorrect) and I feel that i look the same. Is it too early still?

Thanks!

July 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Definitely still early, especially for first-timers. At 9 weeks, I looked smaller than I at 5 weeks. I finally got out of the "just-look-fat" stage between 23-25 weeks, which is normal.

July 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks Karly. I was really wondering and getting panicky too!

July 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Elliott's Mommy
I *think* I'm starting to show. . . but I don't know.

Fatima, I was going to send you a message today--I miss seeing you around. I noticed you haven't been on the DDC much. . . Make sure you give us regular updates!

July 18th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks courtney! That's so very sweet.
You are right...i have been MIA. I am really battling with ms and just feeling awful as a whole. Don't get me wrong, i love being pregnant but i am finding it tough.

July 18th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I'm thinking I was about 13 wks when my clothes started fitting tight but I still wasn't really showing. I was around 23 wks when I actually started looking pregnant and not just fat too.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

July 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm super duper very early right now, but just wanted to add that this bloating is a killer. I can still get into my clothes & button everything, but I still feel my tummy sticking out. I don't need that extra help! I'm already a size 12 It's too early to tell everyone -no I'm not fat, just pg!- but it's also embarassing & not comfortable trying to suck in!
From the belly pics I've seen, I believe the bloating gets better in a few weeks...I hope so!

July 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
i think just in the past 2 or three weeks do i officialy look pregnant. some outfits i still just look like i have a gut though.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

July 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Elliott's Mommy
Quote:
I'm super duper very early right now, but just wanted to add that this bloating is a killer. I can still get into my clothes & button everything, but I still feel my tummy sticking out. I don't need that extra help! I'm already a size 12 It's too early to tell everyone -no I'm not fat, just pg!- but it's also embarassing & not comfortable trying to suck in!
From the belly pics I've seen, I believe the bloating gets better in a few weeks...I hope so![/b]
Try getting a Bella Band! It will help you not have to button your pants and still allow you to wear your regular clothes. Don't try to suck in--I think that's the worst thing you can do!

July 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm almost 16 weeks and still don't really feel like I'm showing.

When I was about 10 weeks, I had a round belly but it was because of the bloat. Once the bloat went away, I went back to looking fat..

It really seems to be different for everyone, though!

My Chart
July 19th, 2008, 07:22 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I just started showing in the last 2 weeks. Seems like I "popped" right at 18 weeks, before that it was more like a beer gut. I could still pass for chubby in certain shirts but for the most part it's obvious that it's a baby bump.

July 20th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am also just over 4 weeks...but I already had a bloated tummy (pre pregnancy) so now I am like cool now I have an excuse for having a bloated tummy

July 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I first started showing, with a lil bump that you could only see with my shirt pulled up and only if you knew what i looked like before i was pregnant!! And the bump got a lil more noticeable at 9 weeks!! And then I started showing through shirts around 15/16 weeks..Now it's really noticable and I LOVE IT!!

July 28th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for all the updates!
The bloating does settle after a while.
All my clothese still fit but my boobs seem to be growing at an exponential rate!!! I went for my cousin's engagement last weekend and couldn't fit the top half of my body into anything! ha ha

July 31st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I was sooo anxious to start showing! At the time, I thought I started to show around 15 weeks, but I think it was more like 19 actually, looking back at my belly pics.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search