Red spotting

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had red spotting sometime back when I checked...atleast 3-4 drops when I wiped...I cried so much, I have no tears left...I am preparing myself for the worst. The on-call doctor asked me to stay in bed and as"stress free" as possible. Asked me to call in the morning so that they can get some bloodwork done tomorrow...and then 48 hrs later.

After my nausea since yesterday I had just started to breath a little easier as I thought it's supposed to be a good sign that things were going fine...and out of the blue with no warning this is hapenning. DH is very shaken up too...Please pray for us...

July 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary! I hope that it's just nothing and that your Dr can help figure out what is going on. Try to not get too stressed about it (though I'm sure that it will be hard not too) I'm sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way! Please update us when you can.

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

July 30th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Cris..I am staying in bed - took the day off..still spotting very little, brownish pink now...but it's definitely there...I called my doctor and the receptionist asked for the details and said she would call me back after talking to the doctor abt it...I am waiting for her call now..I hope they see me today..

Updated: She called me and asked me to come in today for bloodwork. But the NP won't see me until tomorrow( I originally had an appt for tomorrow)

July 30th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Elliott's Mommy
Anitha, That is so very scary. Please try and take care of yourself. . . I have had spotting off and on, too and so far all is okay with the LO. I will be thinking of you. . . My doctor really focused on the fact that if it's not lots of blood and not accompanied by cramps, it should be okay. Update when you can. Love sent your way. . .

July 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're dealing with this scare. I know all too well how frightening it is to see any trace of blood. Please KUP! You'll be in my T&Ps.

July 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Anitha! I'll be thinking of you hun. Please let us know what's going on when you find out. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Relax as much as you *can*. HUGS

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls, thank you so much for your support and prayers...My doctor saw me and I had an U/S, we could see the gestational sac, yolk sak and a small beginnings of the fetal pole and she said she could make out a very faint flickering of heart beat...she says things look good and reassuring...BUT, I am still not out of the waters, they took some blood, and have asked me to come back for blood work again day after tomorrow, so she expects to see atleast a 75% increase in the Beta HCG level and she expects above 10 progestrone level from the bood work today...I have stopped crying, but have not yet stopped worrying - the slight spotting is still there...please keep praying...thanks again so much...

July 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a little reassurance. I'm sure you're still worried though. I hope that the blood tests come back quickly with great results and that you don't have to worry anymore! I'll be keeping you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!

July 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck Anitha, I know it can be very scary!! Just try not to stress too much about it, things sound like they are going okay.

July 30th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the blood work. I'm glad you were able to get some reassurance via u/s.

July 30th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Elliott's Mommy
Anitha, I am glad that you got some reassurance today with the u/s. Truthfully, I don't think that worry ever stops. I hope that your bloodwork comes back just as expected. You are a very strong woman,. . . try to send as many loving, good vibes as you can to your LO. I continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers. update when you can. . .

July 30th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything is okay hun!!!!
July 31st, 2008, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Girls, the doctor's office just called with my beta and progestrone level from yesterday the beta is 25290 and the progestrone is 11.2 . I read somewhere that beta hcg between 1,080 - 56,500 is normal at 6 weeks. (Mine was at 5 weeks 6 days), so I guess that looks ok. My doc expected to see progestrone >10 and 11.2 is ok...but I was expecting that to be somewhat higher...anyone have any ideas? Do these look ok? I will go in tomorrow for another blood test, I think I wont get the results until Monday though, hopefully the hcg increases by atleast 75%...my spotting is still there, and it's brown now...Thanks for all your prayers, please keep praying for me...

July 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you updated Anitha. Those sound like good numbers & I hope they keep going up, up, & up!

July 31st, 2008, 10:36 AM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am praying for you!! Those numbers do sound good. KUP!

Hollie
July 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Those numbers seem good to me... I hope that Monday brings you lots of good news!!!

July 31st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Elliott's Mommy
The beta numbers sound great, Anitha. That must be quite a relief to you! I don't know much about the progesterone, but I know when I was tested at my doctor's office at 3 1/2 weeks pg, mine was 38. I'm sure there's a range. . . There are several ladies in my DDC with low progesterone and take supplements, so if that turns out to be an issue, there are steps they can take to help! You remain in my thoughts.

August 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anitha,
Your beta number sounds good, I am going to agree with Courtney and say that there is probably a broad range for the progesterone also, but I think that I would ask you doctor again about the prog. to be sure that you do not need prog. supplements.

August 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies, I have an appt to see the NP today and get the second bloodwork( to see if levels are increasing), I will definitely bring up the progesterone supplement possibility. Thank you, my spotting has reduced quite a bit but is still not gone completely...

August 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Elliott's Mommy
Any updates, Anitha?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search