It is official

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to start buying maternity clothes. The few pants that would still fit (tight but hey) are not good anymore. I can not close the buttons anymore

I can not wait to go shopping tomorrow! hopefully they have some things that fit well and are not to loose still.

If I am the same as my mom and my sister I will have a serious bump in 4-5 weeks
July 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting!!!! I can't believe how fast I'm out growing my clothes too! Have fun shopping!!!

July 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for maternity clothes shopping! How exciting! I'm pretty short so I bet it won't be long till I have to buy maternity clothes too! You will have to post some pics of your new wardrobe! Have fun!

July 10th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you both so much! I will deff post pictures of the clothes
I have already bought me some summer dresses, they are loose around the waist and such a releave when it is warm

I have to go now. I hope to update you all tomorrow or Sunday, Latest Monday I promiss
July 10th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dreaded buying maternity clothes but was so happy when I did. I'm so much more comfortable now. I love the secret fit pants/shorts/capris from Motherhood (also Kohls sells them under the Oh Baby! brand name). I started wearing maternity pants around 10 weeks or so, maybe a little sooner. I still wear some of non-maternity shirts because I like the tighter fit than maternity shirts - maternity shirts are so flowy on me they make me feel huge.

Have fun shopping!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
July 10th, 2009, 09:16 AM
banksamee's Avatar Super Mommy
Have fun shopping! (I recommend buying at least one pair of pants that are a size bigger than you are now, even though they recommend buying your regular size...I have grown out of most of my maternity pants now....very depressing)

July 10th, 2009, 09:20 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was dragging my feet buying maternity clothes but finally gave in 2 weeks ago. I am so happy I did because I am much more comfortable! I don't know why I was torturing myself trying to fit into my hard to button pants!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

July 10th, 2009, 09:37 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had field work to do for the last two days, and the thought of suffering out there in the heat in my old, tight jeans finally forced me to sort through the maternity clothes my friend gave me, and I found a great pair of secret fit pants that I've been wearing ever since. It was SO WORTH IT to be comfortable!!! My next challenge will be going through my closet and dresser and replacing all the stuff that I won't be able to wear for probably a year or so with all the maternity clothes. That's much more scary than just pulling something randomly out of a bag on the floor...it will mean acknowledging that all those cute clothes I have (and I own a LOT of clothes) will have to go in boxes for awhile, hopefully not indefinitely...
July 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
How exciting! I bought some the other day because my clothes no longer fit.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

July 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
caring21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to caring21
I have to go too! My jeans, my one and only pair left I can't button and I use and elastic to keep them tied and this week I can't even close the zipper on them! LOL I really need to buy a good pair of maternity jeans that I can wear for a while. I've got some amazing shorts that I bought at a regular store, but they have a large elastic material band that folds over and is very comfy for my growing belly So you don't necessarily need to buy maternity, you can sometimes find cool stuff in regular stores too. I officially bought a cool bathing suite which is a tank top with room to grow. It was alot of fun shopping! Have fun!

Lindsay & Pascal proud parents to William

July 10th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Wow...I feel like I am so early...I have to go too, but have been holding my regular pants together with an elastic for about a week or so because my pants are too tight. (in my defense, my jeans were tight BEFORE I got pg...)

July 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
Have fun shopping! You won't regret it once you feel how comfortable maternity pants are. I swear all jeans should be made with an elastic waistband!
July 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren S View Post
Have fun shopping! You won't regret it once you feel how comfortable maternity pants are. I swear all jeans should be made with an elastic waistband!

That's exactly what I said when I started wearing them! I keep telling my DH that I may never wear regular pants again because these are so comfy.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
July 11th, 2009, 04:51 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have a great time shopping!

I dreaded spending extra money on clothes that may not even be in the right season the next time around...but I agree with Lauren...it's been wonderful to not have to deal with buttons or zippers or anything like in order to go to the bathroom...the elastic waistband is a lifesaver!!!

July 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all so much for responding! I bought a lot (already bought some dresses and shirts that are loose in the waist and they feel great)
I love the maternity jeans! They feel amazing. Nothing having that tight zipper/button anymore, such a relieve
As promissed, I am making a post right now with all clothes I bought (please know there are a LOT of pictures )
I have searched through a lot of stores to find some great fitting jeans. They do not have the stores/brands you named, but I have bought some from mamalicious which I can recommend. I even bought a short jeans skirt

The elastics are made of lycra and I love it because it does not leave a mark like some other elastics do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search