What I have been up to...Scrap Pages...VERY pic heavy!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
For a couple of reasons I really wanted to get Jasper's book done. For one I know when Haylea comes I will be really busy scrapping baby pics and I also know that once Jaz is gone it will be so much harder to do them. I have had so much fun going back through all his puppy pics and remembering all the good times I have had with him. (and DH got me a cricut for Mother's day!!! soo fun!) As far as an update on him...he is still doing ok. Some days he seems sicker than others and then some days he is his old playful self and doesn't even know anything is wrong. We are taking it one day at a time. Here are his pages:

Journaling says: I was in college living alone and I did NOT have time for a puppy. But one look at that sweet face and baby blue eyes and it was love at first sight. He needed a home and I needed a new best friend.

Journaling: Have you ever tried to get a puppy to sit still and pose for the camera? Almost impossible. We had fun trying though!

Journaling: Discovery! Pond and ducks!

Journaling: Playing with Cody (my parents' dog). Jasper kept hiding in the bushes and got in trouble for messing up Mawmaw's flowers.

Jasper never met a Ball he didn't love.

My apartment complex flooded and Jasper LOVED it!!

Journaling: Jasper was running full speed ahead...so was another dog. They crashed head on and Jasper ended up with a busted lip.

Journaling: We had fun camping in Tennesse. We found an island in the middle of the lake and the dogs could run anywhere. Jasper had to close his eyes when Uncle Todd drove fast on the boat!

Journaling (L side): If dogs could talk, it would take all the fun out of owning one. (R side): Jasper Nicholas. One day Uncle Todd and I were playing and he started talking Jibberish. Shizzle, Nizzle, Nickel...and then Nicholas. Don't ask me why but mommy liked it and made it my middle name. I know when she says Nicholas I am in trouble!

Journaling: Jasper had a lump on his shoulder that had to be removed. He was so pitiful the day of surgery and all he wanted to do was lay around with his spider toy.

Journaling: Jasper got out of the fence and took advantage of his opportunity to "protect" us from the mean neighbor dog. Jasper ended up with a gash above his eye that required stitches and had to wear the cone until he healed. He really looked tough in that cone!

Then I did pages for our past and present family dogs (I have yet to start on Ginger's book...she is our 1 year old Golden)

Daisy was the first puppy I had when I first moved out on my own. She only lived to be 11 months old before she was hit by a car. She was a sweet little girl!

Playing with Bailey (my sister's dog)

Baby and Chris were our dogs we had growing up. They lived to be 15 and 17 years old. Very sweet dogs. Baby was mine and Chris was my sister's.

Journaling: We got baby, our cocker spaniel, when she was about 2 years old and I was in 6th grade. We did everything together and she was my best friend. She was sweet, spoiled and stubborn! (notice the middle pic on the bottom...that was a senior pic she did with me )

Bailey, my sister's dog

Heidi and Cody, my parents' dogs.

Journaling: Twas the night before Christmas and all the good doggies gather around for a Christmas story??? NOPE...Treats!! (I thought these pics looked so cute like they were gathering around for a story or somethng.)

MORE in NEXT POST! JM only allows 30 pics per post! LOL
July 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
You did a great job!

July 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Some randoms:

Weekend trip to New Orleans with my sister.

Dh and I's first vaca together (I know I put second in the Journaling...I messed up! We did another vaca that same month to Colorado and I got the dates mixed up. OOPS!)

With my sister, BIL and nephew Hunter to Siesta Key.

And last but not least...my favorite...PREGGO pics!

Vellum strip: We don't know you yet but we love you. You are new beginnings, new life, family. The gift of tomorrow belongs to you.

Journaling: After almost a year of trying after our third loss we could only dream of this day. On 12-1-08 we went in for IUI and 12 days later this is what we got! Finally a chance at our miracle. I just knew this one was meant to be.

Journaling: It was by far the most beautiful flickering dot I have ever seen. Seeing that hearbeat was absolutely amazing and a day we will never forget.

These next two will be side by side pages, obviously still in progress!

Then I have tons of ultrasound pics to do and lots of other "project" pages I have in the works. But this was all done in the last 2-3 weeks...I have been busy!!
July 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That looks beautiful!! THe doggie ones made me cry...
July 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awesome job April!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, they are all so great!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:12 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Great job!!! I have some of those same maternity stickers

July 10th, 2009, 09:23 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow those are beautiful! You are very talented. I never have the patience to finish a page!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

July 10th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow you have been busy!! I havent scrapped in AGES!!! Great job you did with it all and I bet your having a blast with the cricut.
July 10th, 2009, 09:27 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow those are amazing! Great job April!!!

July 10th, 2009, 09:58 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
You did an amazing job!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

July 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Wow I got choked up reading/seeing Jasper's photos... You are very talented! Great job!!
July 10th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Angel_Maker
Wow April You have been busy!!! And girl, you ARE good!! I've only done a couple of scrap books and NONE of them are that good

Just wanted to add that it looks like Jasper has had a really incredible and happy life. I'm glad to hear that he is still doing well and I hope you still have lots of happy and memorable times with him! Make sure to get a picture of him & Haylea

Take Care hunnie, I enjoy your updates!
July 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Those pages look great. I can only imagine the time you put into that.

I've been wondering how Jasper was doing, but didn't want to ask in case he was doing poorly and it would upset you. I'm glad he's still doing well overall.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 10th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW you have been busy!! I haven't scrapped in months, I have lots I want to do. Nice job!

July 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
chloe12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too love to scrapbook...amazing work! You're very talented. That's going to be a wonderful keepsake!
July 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy cow April, you have been busy!!!! You are very talented. Where did you learn to scrap so well? I scrap here and there, but they look NOTHING like your pages! I'm still working on our wedding scrap book (we got married 4 years ago!!!) Anyway, what a sweet memory to have of Jasper.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

July 10th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
April! That is so precious!! I love what you've done!

July 10th, 2009, 12:46 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww...i can't wait to get started scrapbooking! I've been saving up stuff here and there until I have some time to work on it all! You did an amazing job April! LOVE IT!!

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

July 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls! It is really therapeutic and relaxing for me...I have done our Wedding and Honeymoon books, bridal showers and bachelorette parties and our trip to Colorado when we were first dating. I also did an album for my parents that began with their wedding and through the years of my sister and I's childhood up to Brian and I's engagement page. I have done quite a bit and you can tell the early books apart from the later ones! I haven't done anything for about a year so it feels really good to start getting caught up again. I buy way too many embelishment things so I have lots to choose from! I am actually not very creative but get ideas from books and online.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search