Big Ultrasound Yesterday!!!! (x-posted with DDC)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm officially probably on Team Pink! I say probably because the baby wouldn't spread her legs. She was active the entire time, moving around, making it hard for the tech to get still shots - took forever to get pics of all 4 sections of her heart because she'd move. She had her knees bent up & her thighs closed together so it made determining her gender difficult - all we could see were the 3 lines that typically mean "a girl" but the tech said it could also mean boy goods that are tucked up between the thighs - DARN IT! And she kept reaching down between her thighs, for what we aren't sure. The tech cautioned us against rushing out to buy girl stuff right away.

Everything looked great though, she has all her organs, limbs, etc. and she's weighing right around 10 ounces. The tech said she's measuring a little small but that's ok since I'm smallish so my EDD stays the same.

My tech was awesome! So friendly and sweet. She was training a student and asked if I minded the student helping out because she's still learning how to ID all the organs etc. I said no problem so we had an extra long appointment which meant more time to stare at the baby! Then because she was only 85% sure (if that) about the gender she gave us the number to a local ultrasound school where we can get a free ultrasound.

Then to my shock she asked me to come back on the 21st because the hospital is getting new 4D ultrasound machines and they are doing a training for the staff, and she wants me to be their guinea pig patient. I said of course! She said to drink juice before coming in so that the baby is active (she was active today but not moving those stinking legs!) and hopefully we'll get better shots of her anatomy to verify the gender. Here's hoping!

We did end up buying a small pink newborn outfit that says "I love Daddy" on it. So if this baby ends up a boy he'll look mighty funny in pink but oh well.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
July 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
aww yay! I have literally been dying over here to hear from you! Congrats on the possible team pink!! that's awesome that you get to be the guinea pig!!! Can't wait to see pics

July 10th, 2009, 10:21 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!! It sounds like you had an awesome appt.

July 10th, 2009, 10:25 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the (maybe) team pink. So glad that you get to go back for free. Hopefully your baby will cooperate and you can be sure.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

July 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a great appointment! I'll hold off on getting too excited for team pink for now, knowing that baby was being uncooperative and that you've got at least one more u/s coming to help determine gender for sure.
July 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yay welcome to team pink (possibly) lol
July 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Congrats on a great appt! Sorry babe was stubborn but hopefully you'll get a definite confirmation at the next u/s!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

July 10th, 2009, 11:03 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
The stinker! Sounds like a fun U/S!!!! YAY for free U/s next time
July 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Sounds like an amazing appointment!! and very exciting about the 4D picutres...that will be really fun, and hopefully the little stinker will let you see what she/he is for sure!!!

July 10th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
How fun that you'll get more ultrasounds! Hopefully next time, baby will be more cooperative when it comes to seeing the goods.
July 11th, 2009, 06:10 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome that you'll be getting a 3D ultrasound...hopefully she/he will be more cooperative the next time around!

July 11th, 2009, 10:07 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the (probable) baby girl! How awesome that you get a free ultrasound and get to be a guinea pig for the 4D!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search