Scared and upset

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2009, 07:20 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I woke up today my temp was quite a bit lower than normal so I took an HPT. It was lighter than yesterday's. I have been trying to convince myself that it was lack of sleep and different concentrations in dye causing these things. I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped it looks like I'm starting to spot. It is a very light brown. I'm 16DPO today. I'm so upset and scared that I could be losing my baby. Please keep me and my baby in your prayers. Have any of you had any spotting early in your pregnancies after a week or so of implantation? I'm trying to stay positive but I'm so scared...

July 12th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard from lots of women that spotting can be very normal. Also- put down the thermometer! I know a lot of women who are used to temping continue temping after the BFP- DON'T.

July 12th, 2009, 07:53 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Casey-
A lot of the girls spot at the beginning...a lot...

Just for peace of mind, ask your OB if you can come in for beta levels, now and in 48 hours...it really helps a bit...

HUGE !!
July 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Elliott's Mommy
I spotted around 8 weeks through about 13 weeks. My doctor said it was completely common in 1/3 of pregnancies. I agree that you should step away from the thermometer and HPTs! Remember, HPT's are not quantitative in any way, so a + is a +. different test lots, brands, etc can really vary your results!

July 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had lots of spotting- started at 5 weeks and continued until 8 weeks! I freaked out every time I saw it and went to the doc every week! Everything is fine now! Try and hang in there- but I know how hard it can be!
July 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks girls. I think I am going to try to get an appointment in the morning. I'm afraid they won't see me since I'm so early. I'm going to beg them to fit me in so they can check my betas and to check and make sure my cervix is closed. I really hope they will see me. If I am losing my bean I just want to know. I can't stand not knowing. I really hope everything is okay and it's just normal spotting. I have wanted a baby for so long I don't know if I can bear it if I lose this baby...

July 13th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who spotted every day starting around 5 weeks until 7 or 8 weeks or so. And with a previous pregnancy, she had actual bleeding for weeks. She now has a healthly 18 month old and a baby on the way! Keep your chin up! Brown blood is old blood, so that is good.

Also, put down the thermometer. Hide it, throw it way...do something with it besides keeping it next to your bed in the morning. Your temp can change a lot after getting your BFP. Don't worry yourself with the day to day changes in your temp. It will just stress you out and that is not good for you or your little bean!

July 13th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Casey, I have had spotting on and off since about a week after I got my I was scared like you, but I want you to know that it is normal in some pregnancies, and try not to worry about it too much. (I know easier said then done) I think making an appointment is a good idea, mention that you have been spotting, and are concerned because of that. I really hope they take you in, and you will definately be in my T & P

July 13th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I spotted a few days between 10 and 20 dpo (maybe some after that, but I probably didn't mark them on my chart). My temp also went down a few days in a row around then, but then back up, then I stopped temping because it was drivign me nuts! I hope all is well!

July 13th, 2009, 05:28 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Casey! I think the girls gave you great advice! I just wanted to say that you and your little bean are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!! Good luck with the betas! I'm sure everything is fine
July 13th, 2009, 05:33 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your doc is able to see you today and do some betas! Good luck!

July 13th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure I can add anything else except that because it's brown blood, that just means it's old blood and you should be just fine! I know it's hard to stop temping b/c it's part of your routine, but you have to. It's for your own sanity! HPT's are fun to see a line but then it's hard when it's a lighter than the day before, which typically means nothing except a different dye level.

I hope your doc can see you early for peace of mind (where you seeing an RE for the clomid or was your OB/GYN prescribing that?)

July 13th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
I spotted at 6w with this one...actually the morning of my first u/s and I thought it was over until we went and saw the HB. I spotted pink for a few days but on u/s they couldnt' see where it was coming from so it was probably my cervix. I agree with the other ladies to put down the BBT! It will only stress you out for no reason. Take it easy and hopefully you can at least get a call to the lab for some betas even if they can't get you in for an actual appt. Good luck!
July 13th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Well it looks like they won't even see me. They said since it's brown blood it's old and I shouldn't worry. I am still worried because it has been accompanied by cramping and my temp dropped even more. The doctor's NP is supposed to call me back. I'm feeling pretty angry that they won't even draw labs or anything right now. I know I'm early but my baby matters too! Sorry needed to vent, just really worried and upset.

July 13th, 2009, 06:37 AM
banksamee's Avatar Super Mommy
I didn't temp, so no advice there. But I have spotted throughout this entire pregnancy...and unfortunately, that is just normal for some women. Annoying as it may be.
I agree with the girls, brown=old.
Good Luck and I hope a dr will see you soon!

July 13th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that they won't see you. I agree with the others, stop temping! I'll keep you and your bean in my thoughts and prayers. Try to relax, easier said than done.

July 13th, 2009, 07:12 AM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say that I had bleeding throughout my first trimester and in to my second trimester. Cramping is also pretty normal for many women. I hope that the doctors will see you soon and that you can stop stressing! (although that's so hard to do when you are pregnant)

July 13th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks girls! The NP called and they are going to draw my betas today and Wednesday. I'm so relieved. At least I will have some answers to know if this is actually normal for me soon.

July 13th, 2009, 07:42 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad they are going to draw betas. My prayers are with you and beanie!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

July 13th, 2009, 07:42 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Casey! KUP GOOD LUCK!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search