**Update** Time to get out!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
40 weeks today!!!! I can't believe it! It seems like it was just a couple days ago that I got my BFP, and now here I am with a big ole belly and a baby who is *hopefully* ready to come out and meet the world at any moment.

Things have been going pretty good. I had a quick Dr. appt on Friday. I had phoned the nurses to ask them a question, and they were worried that my water may have broken, so they snuck me in for an appt. Nope...water didn't break. They also did an NST and baby is doing well.

This weekend I have had a lot of menstural like cramping and stomach tightening. I think they are strong braxton hicks contractions, but DH is convinced they are real contractions, just early ones. I guess I am not sure what I should be feeling and I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

I am really dreading going to work today and hearing all of the wonderful comments my co-workers are probably going to have for me. And then the patients...ugh. I think I am going to have to make up a due date about 2 weeks from now so that I don't hear it all day from my patients too!

I also have a Dr. appt today. I am hoping she will strip my membranes again. We will also be scheduling an induciton. I am going to try and schedule it as far out as possible. I really want to go into labor on my own! But, it will be nice to have an end date in sight!

Sorry this is so long! I'm off to work now!

**UPDATE**

Well, my appt went very well today. On Friday I was 50% effaced and 1-2cm dilated. Today I am 80% effaced and an "easy 3cm" so that is great news!

The Dr. gave me an option of being induced tomorrow. Yikes! But we decided on Friday or Sunday. Well, Friday is booked, so Sunday it is. She did strip my membranes again, so we will see if it does any good. I have been way more crampy this afternoon compared to any other time she has done it. So, I am staying hopeful that I will go into labor on my own, but if not...by this time next week I will be holding my sweet lil' girl in my arms!

Last edited by ~Andrea~; July 13th, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
July 13th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Good luck! AF like cramping could be a sign that your cervix is changing so that is good news! Hopefully you will have had some progress at your appt today and not need the induction but I agree I am sure it is nice to have an end in sight!!!!
July 13th, 2009, 07:55 AM
banksamee's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I am just 2 weeks behind you, so I know how uncomfortable you must be! And I wish there was a sure way to know if the cramping and BH contrax were real or just practice!

How much are you dilated? I hope baby comes w/o the need for unduction. KUP

July 13th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Elliott's Mommy
Aren't all the comments and questions irritating at this point?! Seriously, I know people mean well, but it gets hard to grin and bear it when you are 40 weeks pregnant. I hope your little peanut gets a move on soon so that no induction is required. Stronger BH's are a good sign... your body's getting ready!!

July 13th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((((hugs))))) Ugh those comments! By the end, I'd come home on the verge of tears (or in tears) most night because I was so tired of hearing the comments everyday not to mention how tired, uncomfortable, & just "done" I was. It really sucks! I have a coworker who's due in a few wks now who's in that stage now & she just recently apologized to me LOL She said she's sorry for every time she ever said "You're still here?" to me
I hope your little girl doesn't keep you waiting much longer! Doesn't she realize her eviction notice has been posted?!!

July 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry people are making the comments, I missed out on that being 3 weeks early!
It sounds like your body is getting ready for your little one to make their appearance! Good luck

July 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i was lurking on your DDC earlier to see if you had posted any updates yet.lol Hope things get moving for you soon. what a good idea making up a date a couple of wks from now. good luck with your appointment, hope bubs comes on its own though!
July 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope things happen for you quickly and on your own! Good luck at your doctor's appointment today!

July 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!! I hope things start moving along for you!!!!
July 13th, 2009, 10:38 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that cramping means labor is coming soon so you get to meet your little one.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

July 13th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I never really got the typical "Not had the baby yet then?" remarks as I was really round and not that obvious as I always had big coats or jumpers on!.
I hope all goes well, and if you end up with an induction, its really not as bade as I was expecting, and I only had to get the epi because they wanted her out quick as I had broken waters, otherwise I think I would have done it without, (I got to 7cm). Good luck and I´ll be stalking!

July 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I hope your husband are right, and they are the beginning of real contractions, and you will be holding your baby in your arms very soon!!!

July 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
You made it! Now I'll be hoping that your little girl gets a move on and decides to come soon. Any word on when the induction will be if not?
July 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Update!

July 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you've made some great progress this week. Hopefully this round of stripping works and you get to have your baby today or tomorrow without being induced. Good luck!

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 13th, 2009, 02:44 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Andrea, hope your little girl gets a move on so you don't have to be induced! Good luck!!
July 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Elliott's Mommy
3cm sounds like you are definitely on your way! That is HUGE progress, especially for a first-timer. I would hope that little miss decides to come meet us before your induction if you made that much progress in just a few days. I have my fingers crossed for you, Andrea.

July 13th, 2009, 04:09 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I can't believe you're 40 weeks Andrea!

July 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I hope "poppy" decides to come on her own too! I am really happy with the progress I made over the weekend! I hope it keeps up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search