Sizing questions for moms

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
What did your baby weigh at birth?

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes?

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes?

How old is your baby now?

What size is he/she in now?
July 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? 6 lbs 10 oz

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? not long at all. Maybe a week or two, if that.

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? he wore size 0-3 month onesies & pants longer than footed sleepers because he grew length-wise very quickly and I believe he was in 3-6 month size sleepers at like 6 weeks old, perhaps even before that. I do know that he has always outgrown a size long before reaching the "age", if you know what I mean.

How old is your baby now? 10 1/2 months

18 month & 2T

Last edited by Boo; July 14th, 2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I can't read
July 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Lo_and_Behold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? 7ls, 7oz 20.5"

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? about 5-6 weeks

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? It depends. She can actually still fit into some 0-3 onesies & snap shirts as well as pants. It's the sleepers that are a problem b/c they're not long enough.

How old is your baby now? She'll be 4 months next week..wow! She's also now 13 lbs, 14oz.

What size is he/she in now? Again, it depends on the brand (I find Gerber tends to run smaller for example) & what it is. She has a lot of one piece dresses that have the underpants built in & just snap closed...they're all 6 months & are quite big on her but yet she has other rompers that are 6-9 months that fit just fine. By & large, I'd say she's in 3-6 months (esp pj's) & 6 months for onesies.
I found some bodysuits that I'd forgotten about...they were 0-3 & 3 months. I figured she'd be too big for them, but they fit just fine.

Probably not the help you were looking for, but it's hard to say. Babies grow at different paces & are shaped differently so clothes can fit so differently than the "standard" or average. KWIM?

July 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Elliott's Mommy
What did your baby weigh at birth?
7 lbs, 8oz

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes?
at least 6 weeks

hmm. 6ish weeks

How old is your baby now?
5 1/2 months

Depends on the brand and the style of clothing. For Carter's he can still wear some 3 month stuff and some 6 month items, some of the footed 3-6 month clothes are getting too short! He's a long, skinny baby so anything with a fitted waistband just hangs on him!

July 14th, 2009, 10:14 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
What did your baby weigh at birth? 7lbs 8oz, 21in

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? He was in nb for about 6 weeks. He had short legs and all newborn pants were toooooo big, even rolled and cuffed. I bought some preemie ones and they fit perfect. Then some 0-3 and 3-6 pending the brands. They are all different! Carter's brand nb run big, he was in them for 6 weeks, Old Navy/Gerber run smaller he was wearing 0-3 for the first 4 weeks, then from 4-6 weeks was in Old Navy 3-6. I think Children's Place, Gymbo and Gap are normal sized not big or small if that makes sense.

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? 4-6 weeks pending the brand. He wore 0-3 pants longer than the onesies, cause he has short legs and a long torso. He wore 3-6 month the longest.

How old is your baby now? 6 months next week!! :'(

What size is he/she in now? 6-9m

July 14th, 2009, 10:23 AM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? 6ls, 4oz 20.25"

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? He is just now outgrowing his NB clothes at 8-9 weeks. He can still wear all his nb pants and shirts, it's just the footed things that are too short now.

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? He is just now getting into 0-3 months. Most of them are still pretty big on him though because he's thin. He's just very long so he needs the bigger ones for length. Brands vary a LOT. Gerber and Ralph Lauren run small, Carters runs a little bigger.

How old is your baby now? He will be 9 weeks tomorrow! He's now 10 lbs, 23"

What size is he/she in now? Still in NB in some things, and now 0-3 month in others. The footed sleepers were the first to go. Then the tight carters NB onesies as they are too short now.

July 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? she weighed 7lb even

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? She still in newborn clothes and most are too big for her. She will be 5 weeks tomorrow. She can wear the newborn onesies but the outfits are too big.

Still can't even fit into them now!!!

How old is your baby now? 5 weeks tomorrow

What size is he/she in now? still in newborn

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...xzz0LFy40vEY&D (Sizing questions for moms)

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

July 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great post Lauren! I didn't even think to ask this. It's already helped me a ton!

July 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? 6lb 3oz 21 inches

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? still wears NB tops and separate bottoms. So 14 weeks!!, onesies and pjs about 6 weeks.

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? Still wearing them, but pjs and onesies are a bit snug.

How old is your baby now? 14 weeks

What size is he/she in now? NB separates, 0-3 outfits 3-6 onesies and pjs.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...xzz0LGjUBzEY&C (Sizing questions for moms)

July 14th, 2009, 05:16 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
What did your baby weigh at birth? 7lbs 12oz 20in

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? 6ish weeks. She probably could've gone longer, but we cloth diaper so she needed a bit more room

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? still in them

How old is your baby now? 10 weeks tomorrow 10lbs 12oz 23in

What size is he/she in now? 0-3
July 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What did your baby weigh at birth? 6lbs 15oz 20in

How long did he/she wear newborn size clothes? She's five weeks now and can still fit in some of them.

How long did he/she wear 0-3 month size clothes? She just started wearing them.

How old is your baby now? Just over 5 weeks

What size is he/she in now? Newborn and 0-3

Hollie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search