Keep vs. return

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My baby shower is Saturday so the people that arent coming have been mailing stuff to the house and now i'm wondering how many things like bibs, blankets, hats and clothes i should keep and what i should return. Right now i have

15 bibs (and just got three more today)
probably 10+ hats
4 recieving blankets (i do need more of these i know that)
4 thermal blankets
5 warm blankets (that currently go back and forth between the hospital and get washed A LOT so i have no idea how long they'll hold up)... if i get more warmer ones i will probably keep them as long as i dont get like 20
and two hand knitted blankets

Clothes wise i feel like i have a ton and anyone thats asked my mom has told i dont need clothes, but i'm still getting some from some people... i know people wont really know if i return things especially since i really dont live near anyone so i dont need to worry about the whole "why doesnt baby ever wear my outfit" but i just dont know if i should hold onto everything i get and pack it away for other kids (if i am able to have more...), keep and maybe re gift? -, return for something else, return for another size etc... I'm already returning some stuff i bought because i received a HUGE box of Preemie/NB clothes from another NICU Mommy. Of course if i get two diaper genies or something i'll obviously return those but what about the "you can never have too many" type of things - CAN you have to many?

What did u guys do?

March 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't return anything unless it is an expensive duplicate and that is even iffy depending on what it is. That is just how I am though; however, I do regift.
March 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We didnt return much unless we didnt like it. We got an insane amount of blankets and washcloths. I thought we'd never use them but we do!

March 11th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
March 12th, 2010, 05:23 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only returned things when I got duplicates, but I would think that 10 plus hats is a lot so if I would return anything I would return that. I also just took the tags off things as she began fitting into them so save those receipts and tags on the items so you can take them back if he hits a big growth spurt and doesn't get to wear some of the outfits. As far as the bibs go, I never used them when she was little but now that she's eating solids we go through quite a bit of them. So, maybe keep them but put them away till he's older?!!? Just a thought.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

March 12th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ditto the bibs, Ana was a very clean nurser and I never used any of the 20+ NB bibs we had, now that shes on solids they are too small (and arent plastic backed, so she ends up soaked). However if you use bottles you may use bibs.

March 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else have any opinions?

March 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NAK

I exchanged alot of outfits and bought them in different sizes. That way I didn't have a ton of 0-3 month but no 9 month KWIM? Idid buy the same outfit though if they had it but just in a different size.

I got a ton of receiving blankets and just ended up giving some to my mom to use when Connor is over there.

I also feel you can never have to many burp cloths. we went through those like crazy and i had to go out and buy more.

i personally got too many blankets. but i live in california so its not really cold.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks all

Well my shower was today and guess what? i got a TON of clothes... sigh. Overall though i didnt get too many duplicates, a few bibs, a couple blanket, couple of hats... nothing really worth returning so yay!

March 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my shower yesterday too and got a TON of newborn sized clothes, like so many I am about 99% sure she may never wear some, even if changed a ton of times a day! Especially if they only go up to 8 lbs. What if she comes out weighing more than that?! I usually don't bother returning little things like clothing, but I'm thinking I may have to just to get bigger sizes. She already has tons of NB and 0-3 months, but the bigger sizes start dwindling down. So I'm with you on the clothes. I have no idea what to do about them!
March 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad that you didn't get many duplicates! Hopfully he will be able to wear them all. You will get more use out of the newborns than most since he was so small when he was born.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a problem returning things i don't think i'll use. I had my shower on saturday and have already returned some things! Luckily i didn't get hardly any NB sizes or ANY duplicates of anything Anyway, i figure i might as well return things i have no interest in since i still have to buy things that Camden will NEED.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search