It is getting hard to eat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 06:47 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I will say, for being sick it hasn't been nearly as bad as i expected, but i am noticing a pattern. I am sick when i wake up and feel crappy until around 7am, (i get up at 5). Then i am fine pretty much all day normally. I eat snacks frequently (b/c i work with kids... they eat, we eat, at least now i have a good excuse). Eat lunch at noon, then snack around 3-4 and then around 5 i start getting nauseated again. I am usually nauseous from 5-bed time. It doesn't matter how much i eat, what i eat, whatever, i am just sick. Who else has m/s right now?? What are you doing about it? Its getting to the point now where nothing sounds good. That is so odd...this is definitely a fun learning experience.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
chrisam143's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh Kate, I can so relate to you. At 6 weeks was my worst, and it was after taking new prenatals for a week, so I switched prenatels. It made a tiny difference. Yesterday I had my first appointment and my doctor asked about m/s and she suggested taking benedryl, just one (25 or 50mg) at bedtime (since it can make you sleepy). Last night was the first time I took it and I did sleep better and I didn't wake up as congested and runny nose as I've had past few weeks. I am not sure how much it helped with the nausea today, maybe a tad better than yesterday. So I think I'll keep trying that.

I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully just a few more weeks of feeling like this!

Love my beautiful siggy from Chelsea (GraysMama)!
March 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it gets better for you soon... I don't have any m/s yet (and hopefully won't)

Baby girl born Feb 2013

March 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
funny i found prenatals only effected my poop (TMI maybe?)

I am back to taking my walmart prenatals! I have definitely also been SUPER congested and just crappy feeling too. Someone else suggested asking the dr about zyrtec? I have not had a hard time sleeping as of late though, so i hope that stays! I find that if i can sleep sometimes i can sleep through the sickness.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 13th, 2010, 04:44 AM
baby:mama's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to baby:mama
Ugh MS. I feel bad all day. I have just started Ginger Snaps. Ginger is suppose to be good for the tummy. It could be a coincidence b/c I did not get sick this morning. I ate half of a small salad last night and it took forever to get my tummy to settle down enough so I could get some sleep. I can't eat as much as I used to. I hope that the babies are getting enough. Because basically I am getting a bite here and a nibble there.

Thanks to Kiliki for my siggy
March 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
I had forgotten how awful m/s was. But now it's here again. Ugh.

One thing that helped me last time was to keep some fresh cut up lemons with me. When I was feeling especially nauseous, I would smell them. Sounds weird, but my doctor suggested it and it actually helps.
March 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I ate a lot of lemon italian ices and drank peppermint tea. There were very few things I could stand to eat in the beginning. Hope it ends soon!

March 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
I'm no help, the only thing that made mine better was meds... And even now on the meds I still have trouble sometimes.

I know it sucks, but it WILL go away - if it takes 40 weeks, it will go away no matter what LOL

I know that's not very comforting, but maybe a laugh will help anyway

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
March 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM
chrisam143's Avatar Super Mommy
Heather - I agree about not eating big meals. I think I've had one big (in the past normal size) meal in the past week. Mostly just eating little things here and there. Luckily I've been able to eat cereal, so that's usually 2 of my 5-6 meals each day =)

Lauren - I heard that about lemons, so when I first started feeling sick I got the lemonhead candies, and those seem to help as well well.

I've taken benedryl the last 3 nights and I've felt a little better when waking up.

Love my beautiful siggy from Chelsea (GraysMama)!
March 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never really had the bad morning sickness, but lots of nausea in the beginning. Now that everyone is mentioning lemons it reminded me, minute maid makes a lemonaide ice pops in the ice cream section that helped tremendously! Worth a shot! I hope it passes soon!
March 15th, 2010, 04:14 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I have it soooo bad.....worse at night I can't even sleep.
I'm on prescirbed meds that help some.
But I can barely eat....rice, toast, bread, soup, bananas, grapes is about all that I can eat.

March 15th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had bad m/s in the beginning (no throwing up, but lots of nausea). The only thing that helped was to constantly eat. I literally gained 6lbs by my first appt! Ginger ale helped and so did preggie pops from BRU. It sucks bad, but it'll get better. I also always had a baggie of dry cheerios in my purse just in case.

heather: with twins, it can be twice as bad! the babies will take what they need from you, so it's really just you getting slighted

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search