Postpartum Bleeding..Period?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2010, 03:07 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry if this is TMI. For those BTDT mommies, I have a question. Camden is 8 weeks old today and I started bleeding bright red blood AGAIN full force tonight. The first 5 weeks I bled (obviously) and then it stopped completely for a few days then started up again, then stopped for the past week, then started up again tonight. I know it's normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks, but I don't know about the starting and stopping. Do you think it's my period? I thought breastfeeding was supposed to alter it? I HATE not knowing where I'm at in my "cycle" Any input would be great! Thx!

March 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Something similar happened to me.....not enough rest and stress and what not can effect the bleeding, try not to over do it, take it easy. I know for me if I was doing laundry and walking around and do stuff I'd start bleeding again.

Mine stopped a few days later and then I didn't get AF until 6 months later. GL!

March 13th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
It is probably leftover pp bleeding. I had some light bleeding at about 4 or 5 weeks and then again around 8w so I thought it was AF but it never turned into anything. I am now almost 7 mo pp and haven't seen a drop since.
March 13th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i agree with PPs....I BF for 4 wekks and AF returned on Christmas Day (9 weeks PP).

March 13th, 2010, 10:32 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! It's almost completely stopped now!

March 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bled for about 8 weeks, often it was very, very light and then it got a little darker towards the end and I thought it was my period but now I don't think it was. I haven't had any bleeding since then and no periods (and no, I'm not pregnant ) - I'm just over 3 months PP now.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search