Camden's 1st Year!!!!! *Updated 1/19*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 07:47 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby boy turned 4 MONTHS OLD yesterday! Time is going fast, but I'm enjoying EVERY second of motherhood. I LOVE IT! Camden has discovered his feet, and tries to bring them up to his mouth. He's also become obsessed with sucking his thumb while he eats. (or tries to anyway) I think he's starting to teeth as well. He LOVES to grab my hands while he's laying down, and pull himself up. He's REALLY close to being able to sit on his own. I ordered him the "Your baby can read" program, and I'm really excited for it to arrive so we can get started!!

May 15th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I think I said in your main board post, I absolutely love his piercing eyes! He is so beautiful andrea, and I can't believe he is 4 months already!!!

May 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Camden rolled COMPLETELY over from tummy to back, then back to tummy today ALL by himself! He was SOOO proud of himself! (And I was incredibly proud too of course) He can also sit all by himself for several seconds without tipping! In addition to his rice cereal he's tried pears, peas, carrots, & bananas. He absolutely LOVES carrots and will eat the entire jar with no problem. Pears are his 2nd favorite (he'll also eat the entire jar) then peas. As far as bananas go, he HATES them. Poor guy started gagging after 3 bites. No more bananas! He does SO well in his highchair, and loves eating off a spoon!

May 29th, 2010, 06:10 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for rolling over! How wonderful! So glad trying new foods is going well. I hope Marina does as well when she gets to that point. Hope you have a great weekend!

June 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's getting so big! He is just adorable! I love his expressions! Yay for TTC #2! How exciting!
June 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Wow, we're WAY overdue for an update! Camden Drake is a little over 5 1/2 months! He can sit up COMPLETELY on his own, & can balance on all fours! He'll be crawling ANYDAY now! Now that the weather is nice, we go out almost everyday! He LOVES swimming, stroller rides, the mall, long walks outside, and anything else we decide to do! I LOVE being a stay at home mommy, although I never realized just how much work it would be. I honestly wouldn't trade my life for anything. I'm also doing the "Your baby can read" program, and it's SOOO amazing to watch him learn so quickly! He continues to love solids, and we're on to stage 2 foods! Veggies are his favs (carrots, sweet potato, corn, spinach) and also loves mixed fruits. The only thing he HATED was bananas. Poor guy actually gagged over them. We just booked Camden's very 1st plane ride! (Sep 23-26) He'll be meeting his grandpa (Bo's dad) and uncles (Bo's bros) for the 1st time Life is WONDERFUL!!!

August 5th, 2010, 07:12 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a big boy sitting up and balancing himself! Hope the plane ride is a smooth one
August 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wheeew, Camden is going to be 7 MONTHS old in a week! I REALLY can't believe how fast it's going. He's crawling FULL force around the house (started last week) and can pull himself up on his toybox, and on a stair! Poor little guy got his 1st tooth last week, (bottom left) and had to deal with his 1st experience with constipation ALL in the same day. He's still never been sick *knock on wood* and is an incredibly happy/smart baby! We've been keeping very busy this summer! We go on walks, go swimming, shopping, have play dates, and have even gone to the zoo!!!!! I LOVVVVE being a mommy, and can't wait to add another addition to our family!!! Oh yea, and AF FINALLY came on July 31st WOO HOO!!!!!

August 13th, 2010, 08:25 AM
My precious little son is 7 months old TODAY!!!! Poor guy is on day 2 of his very 1st cold/ear infection. He's SUCH a little trooper. After 2 doses of antibiotics he's a BRAND NEW BABY! Camden can pull himself completely up to the standing position, and can balance ALL BY HIMSELF for 3 whole seconds! He'll be walking in the next few months! After 3 night of very little sleep, it's time for mommy to catch a nap!!!

August 26th, 2010, 04:49 AM
At 7 1/2 months, Camden has really become quite the handful! Not only is he crawling EVERYWHERE, but has also mastered pulling himself up to standing position! He wants to try and stand up on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, from the coffee table, to the vacuum, to the cats! He cut his 2nd tooth this week, (bottom right) and just got over his first cold/ear infection. The antibiotic (ammoxicillin) gave him really bad diarrhea, wich then gave him really bad butt rash. Poor guy has really been a trooper! I started giving him biter biscuits, and he can easily eat them himself. He's sleeping habbits have changed a little, and he know stays up later, yet still gets up once in the night to eat, then wakes up at around 6:30. Sometimes I get lucky, and he'll take a 2-3 hour nap in the morning. His adorable personality comes out a little more each day. He continues to talk up a storm, knows how to act silly, play peek-a-boo, chase mommy while we crawl on the floor, waves good bye, is taking steps (assisted of course) AND my favorite.....Gives kisses. You put your face up close to his and ask for a kiss. He leans his head in and touches his lips to you. It's the absolute CUTEST thing ever. We practiced waving probably a couple thousand times, and then all of a sudden, he did it! I'll have to get it on video to show the little guy someday. Life gets crazy, and is very busy, and it would be very easy to not keep up in this journal. I want to do updates for ATLEAST the 1st year of his life. One more thing.....I want to mention how much this child LOVES dill pickles.

August 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
He is so cute, and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter...I really think he looks like your hubby, especially when he is smiling. I can't believe how fast he is growing. It is so awesome!

September 19th, 2010, 09:23 PM
As always I'm a little late with my monthly update, but Camden turned 8 months old last week! He's got his 2 bottom teeth, and just cut BOTH his front teeth yesterday! He's mastering walking around while holding onto the furniture, and is getting smarter by the day. His new favorite thing to do is to put objects in the dog water. Car keys, dog toys, his toys, shoes, pretty much anything that will fit. I'm just hoping my cell phone doesn't end up in there! I will add his 8month pic soon, but don't have time atm. Camden's 1st plane ride is in 4 days!

October 14th, 2010, 11:34 PM
He's now balancing on his own, cruising around hanging onto the furniture, eating everything we eat, learning patty cake, and has 6 teeth!!!!!! I can't believe the little dude is 9 months old!!!! I just bought him his verrry 1st halloween costume today, and he's going to be a pumpkin!!! I'm SOOO excited for all these 1st holidays, they're going to be AMAZING!!!!!!

October 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is too cute, him putting things in the dogs water.
October 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics! He is an adorable little pumpkin! So cute, him putting things in the dog's water! I can totally see us having to keep Marina away from our dogs' water soon! I can't believe how fast he's growing!!!

November 14th, 2010, 08:36 PM
A lot has happened since my last update. Little Chupa turned 10 months old yesterday, and is WALKING on his own!!!! He can completely stand up on his own without holding onto anything, then takes about 8-9 steps before he grabs onto the next object!I can't believe my little "baby" is WALKING! He's also mastered feeding himself little Gerber puffs. He can grasp with thumb/forefinger, and likes to push buttons. We're upto 7 teeth, and the 8th is juust about to cut. His 1st Halloween was great, and we're VERY excited for the upcoming Holidays too!!!

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; November 14th, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
December 3rd, 2010, 05:09 AM
Little Chupa is learning SOOO much, so I'm doing an 10 1/2 month update. His 1st Thanksgiving was GREAT, and we are very excited for Christmas! He's officially walking ALL over the place and can take 30 steps at a time without holding on to anything! It's funny to watch him try to "mock" everything we do, and say. He can clap his hands, and is starting to understand how toys work. He pushes buttons and waits for a reaction, and can put a ball in a hole! Lately, he finds it very entertaining to bend over and balance on his hands and head. TOOO funny. I'm sure Camden will read this when he's older, and think his mom is weird for writing all these little things, but I know he'll appreciate it someday.

Last edited by *Mommy2Camden*; December 3rd, 2010 at 05:11 AM.
January 18th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I haven't posted in over a month because lifes been CRAZY, but my little man celebrated his 11 months birthday and also turned 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's literally sprinting all over the house, and is into EVERYTHING! My day is filled with a lot of chasing, taking away items, more chasing, and lots of laughs! Camden is more fun than ever, and his personality is amazing. He's such a special little soul, and I love every minute I get to spend with him! Staying home has been such a blessing, and I love being there for all the little 1st time moments. His 1st official word besides mama and dada was "NO" He can say it perfectly. Today I said "Ok Camden let's go, go, go!" And he replied "Go, go, go." Plain as day. He's SOOO smart and incredible, and a TOTAL mamas boy. (I love it) I can't believe it's been a year already, but I can honestly say it's been the best year of my life! Thank you Camden. Mommy & Daddy both love you so much!

February 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
Awww...he has grown sooo much!! What a cutie

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search