Michael update and pics! (lots of pics)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey all, just thought i would give a quick Michael update and share some pics of his nursery and his first meeting with his big sister (my 5 year old step daughter)... Well, he's doing well. Today he got moved from an incubator to an open crib which means he's getting strong enough to maintain his own body temp. He also had his first bottle feed this morning! He ate half of the bottle which they say is good... he will start to get more bottles per day when he can finish the whole thing i think. Other then that he's just hanging out. He's weighing almost 4 1/2 pounds and is about 16 inches i believe.

Also my baby shower was yesterday! We didnt go but we attended over the webcam so that was fun. I got most of the smaller items that i registered for including, spoons, bowls, burp cloths, paci clips, paci thermometers, bath stuff, crib sheets, mattress pads, bottle dryer, bottles, blankets, bibs, grooming and health kit, tub, play gym, swaddle blankets, front carrier, crib aquarium thing, daddy diaper bag (i have a fabulous Coach one DH refuses to use, lol) etc. And of course a ton of clothes i didnt register for All thats left that i really need are a swing and bouncy seat. Anyway, good stuff now i just have to wait for my mom to bring it all to me!

Anyway, here are some pics!
Open crib! No more incubator

Those are his preemie clothes on top of his changing table, just storing em there since they're going back and forth right now. O and the basket is just holding the rug down since its new it keeps curling up

March 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YEAH for being in an open crib now!!!!
Sam he is getting so big!! I love the pic of his big sister holding his hand...so sweet!!

I love the nursery too...so cute!!

March 14th, 2010, 07:10 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! He is getting so big and strong! Hopefully he will be well enough for yall to take him home soon! The big sis pics are too adorable, especially holding her finger! And the nursery is just the cutest thing! I love it!
March 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The nursery looks great....do you have an idea of when he'll get to come home Or what stage he has to get to before they will consider letting him come home?
March 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
So happy he is doing so great! And his room is gorgeous!

March 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Elliott's Mommy
What a cutie! The picture of big sis holding his hand is heart-melting. I love his nursery--especially the letters for his name. Did you make them yourself? If so, WTG--they are awesome!

March 14th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that's so great that he is moved to an open crib and nippling his feed! the nursery looks so put together!!!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Thanks for sharing the pics. Love the sister/brother holding hands
I love the nursery room... esp the name letters!
March 15th, 2010, 03:29 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything looks great! Thanks for the update on the little guy!!

March 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
so cute!! Thanks for sharing everything sam! Glad he is progressing well!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 15th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy he's in the open crib!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Michael!! His room looks AMAZING. You did a wonderful job!!
March 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Yay glad to hear he is doing so well!!! his room is so cute!!!

March 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I will have to check the pics out at home.
I am sooo thrilled to hear he is over 4 lbs, wow! He is getting soo strong!!! Have they given an estimated date of when they hope he can go home?

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 15th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for doing so well. He's a couple inches shorter than my girls, but he now weighs about what Arya's lowest post-birth amount was. Do you get to see him every day now that he's moved hospitals?

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 15th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you all!

Yes i did make the letters, i bought them and then put scrapbook paper over top of them and modge podged it on... some of the letters have stickers overtop also.

As for when he'll be able to come home... we'll we still dont know but i would say he's probably in the 3rd of 4 stages with the new stuff he's started yesterday. Different hospitals have different guidelines and we actually havent asked this hospitals criteria yet but generally speaking its being around 5lbs, being able to take a certain amount of feeds by bottles and being able to breath on his own... i think he also has to go a week without having a brady, which is where his heart rate drops. At this point its sort of up to him - he's progressing like he should be especially with the starting bottles and being in a crib, they've also been trying to continually wean down his oxygen in hopes of getting off that soon (though like i've said before i have seen some babies go home with oxygen). His bottle feeds will continue to increase as he is able to handle it and once he's taking enough by bottle bis feeding tube will come out. So anyway now that he'll be 35 weeks tomorrow its really just a question of when he's ready.

And yes we do get to see him every day now! I usually go for 2-3 hours during the afternoon and then dh and i go for a little while when he gets home from work sometimes. Its great

Last edited by Sam914; March 15th, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
March 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear everything is getting better and better! Thanks for sharing the pics...his room is soooo cute! Can't wait until you are sharing a pic of that nursery with little Michael enjoying it!

Thank you KimberlyD0 for my wonderful siggy!!!

March 15th, 2010, 08:40 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad he is doing well and maintaining his own body temp! Yay for a great shower and getting lots of stuff.

Love the monkey theme for the room too

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for Mikey being in a crib! Wonderful news Sam! I'm so glad he is doing so well!

March 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
aww yay for being in an open crib!! the big sis pic of him holding her finger is precious! Love his room too thanks for the update!

March 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I saw all the pics on FB Sam, and commented on how big he is getting, and how I love your nursery!! Is he closer to you yet, I know he was allowed to come closer, but you were just waiting for room!!! I hope that soon you will be able to take him home. Is there any estimate on when that can happen?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search