Baby Furniture

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
So the baby furniture that I had picked out apparently is not the greatest. There is one review on it, and it states that it is hard to put together (whic his fine by me...I'm not overly worried about it) but that it easily comes of the tracks and does not stay together very well.

I wasn't paying much attention to this review till I went in store to try to see what it looks like (because my MIL was worried I wouldn't like it when I actually saw it) and I'm glad she did now. The one in the store was doing the same thing...the drawers were not staying in the track properly, so now I am nervous. My mom said that I shouldn't worry about it, but when there is two and they both do the same thing, that makes me nervous, and the girl that did the review said that they also had a friend who got the same one, and it was doing the same thing.

Where did everyone buy their furniture from. I'm having a hard time finding a dresser/changetable that I like, that has a crib that matches.

March 22nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Can you go to another website and get reviews, maybe amazon.com? I would hate for you to not go with the set you liked based off of two sets. I mean, I know that still doesnt speak highly of the company, but its worth doing some more digging. You never know there could be 1000 other positive reviews?
We are borrowing our crib from a family member and we got the dresser/changing table combo from craigslist.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what crib/dresser were you looking at???

I checked reviews on walmart/bru/amazon

I LOVE Summer's crib but the dresser is another issue in itself!!
March 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say that safety is the most important factor. If you are concerned that it's not safe enough for Ray then I would def change it to one that you are comfortable. We got ours from a boutique (storkland) here in town. We got a creations crib and it came with great safety reviews! I hope that you can find one that makes you comfortbale.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 22nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
I am looking at the Safely 1st Carlise crib and dresser. I am not worried about safety, as it's the dresser that has the bad reviews, but I am concerned about wasting my money...I guess I will try walmart next, I couldn't find any reviews for it on Amazon.com...but will see what Walmart has...I think Walmart mostly deals in storkcraft, the last time I checked.

Thanks girls...I will keep searching to see what I can find.

March 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I'm planning to buy mine at JC Penney which probably isn't a lot of help to you! Sorry!! But if i were you i would worry about that problem if you're going to spend money on it, you don't want a piece of junk!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine from JCPenneys (do you have JCPEnneys there?) and the dresser specifically had a lot of reviews hat said just that - that it was impossible to put together and that it didnt "fit" right...but, I mean, it took common sense to put it together - but it wasnt THAT bad (directions could have been better)...and the drawers did fit perfectly if you followed the directions properly...

I was really nervous about the one I chose at first because of that, but I LOVE it now!

JCPenney : Coffee "Heirloom Collection" Dresser by Rockland
March 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine from IKEA.....

IKEA | Children's beds | Cribs | GULLIVER | Crib

It was rated #3 for quality, safety, and price. I put it together myself in about 40 minutes...no help from dh. It is really really sturdy. I saw it in the store before buying it cause I was concerned that it would be junk because of the price, but I'm really happy with it. Plus, you can't beat the price!

The rating was by consumer reports, btw.
March 22nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got our furniture from JC Penny's as well. I love it! The directions are less than stellar, but just takes some common sense and you can get it together. I'm not sure if yall have JC Penny's there or not, but I'd definitely recommend them if you do. The price is reasonable and its sturdy so far!
March 22nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
We don't have JCPenny here...do they deliver??

Tonya, I love your dresser change table!!! sigh...back to the drawing board for me...DH does not want to buy it when I can not find any reviews that says that this is a good set to buy.

March 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
How close are you to the border? Is there a city nearby that you can daytrip too and look for furniture here and then drive it back into Canada?
March 22nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you find something you like. I have heard good things about JCP too.

I absolutely love my set

Baby Cache Heritage Lifetime Convertible Crib - Cherry - Baby Cache - Babies "R" Us

Baby Cache Heritage Dresser/Changer Combo Unit - Cherry - Baby Cache - Babies "R" Us

March 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We got our crib at Walmart, so far i love it obviously he hasnt slept in it yet but it looks good and is a great price (especially for coming with a changing table built it)... we do not have a dresser for him right now we got this small storage thing instead... its small, but along with the storage from the change table and his large closet is more then enough for us. We specifically didnt get a dresser because they are pretty expensive and since Michaels room isnt huge we decided to save floor space. In my step daughters room we just have one of those plastic drawer storage things and it works find and she has tons of space in her room for toys and playing

Walmart.com: BSF Baby - Austin Austin 4-in-1 Crib 'n Changer Combo, Cherry: Furniture
Walmart.com: Badger Basket's Wooden Storage Cabinet with Wicker Baskets, Cherry: Kids' & Teen Rooms

March 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Savannah has this set: Generation Next Collection - Babys Dream Furniture

The crib, 3 drawer dresser/changer and double dresser - I LOVE IT! It's very good quality and so pretty!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 23rd, 2010, 04:29 AM
Angel_Maker
We bought our crib off of craigslist.....it's a Bassett-excellent quality and I love it....of course we couldn't find dresser that we liked and I honestly think that most baby furniture is too over priced (for the quality of workmanship you get)

So we went to a local store that sells quality all wood furniture. We bought a dresser from there and painted white to match our crib.
March 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought our dresser and crib from JcPenney.com also and i love them so far! They have some pretty good deals as well. I'm not sure if they deliver to Canada....

March 23rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We got ours from Walmart and haven't had any issues:
Walmart.com: Baby Relax - 3-Piece Nursery in a Box, White: Furniture

ours is in an expresso color though

March 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
How close are you to the border? Is there a city nearby that you can daytrip too and look for furniture here and then drive it back into Canada?
There is a town near by, but because of the new rules...we would have to get our passports first before we drove down, and DH and I haven't done that yet...hopefully I will find something, I'm going to go look at Walmart in the next couple of days, and see if I can see anything there, and we will go from there...What is Craigslist btw...I have heard of it lots on here, but have never seen anything else about it. Mind you, I haven't googled it.

March 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Craigslist is like a big online personal ad....here is what I googled for Canada. If you pick a province, it will take you to the listings: craigslist: canada classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

I don't use Craigslist and if you do, I caution you to meet in a public place to make the exchange and take your husband or friend. I don't want to scare you, but just make you aware. Here is a story from Oregon...

Suspect in slaying of pregnant Tigard woman to be arraigned today | OregonLive.com
March 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Marci, have you tried Sears? They carry a lot of storkcraft, like walmart, but they do carry other brands - they have entire lines of furniture, including a convertible crib with a built in bookcase/change table on one side that changes into a plain book case when the crib turns into a bed. I think they have dressers, too - but if you're getting a white crib, I'd definitely just buy furniture that you like from somewhere in white - baby furniture is SO expensive for what you get...

Our don't match the crib exactly, but we already had the two dressers and they're solid wood, cedar lined drawers and they're a family heirloom - couldn't pass up the chance And I actually don't mind that they don't match the crib, it looks like REAL furniture!

Good luck!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search