How long after...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
... you first felt the baby kick did your SO feel it?

Darren's getting disappointed because he can never feel the baby kick. I've been feeling pokes on and off since just before 14 weeks, and daily movement since... 16+2 or so - getting stronger and stronger, sometimes I really wonder HOW we can't feel them from the inside - especially the kicks that I can feel in the bed when I'm on my side (yeah, baby kicks to the side now too, and I feel my belly hit the bed!)

How long after you first started feeling kicks did your SO start feeling them? How many weeks were you?

I just wonder how much longer DH is going to have to wait to feel his little baby - he's getting grumpy every time I tell him the baby is kicking! LOL

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
March 23rd, 2010, 02:51 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started feeling it before 20 weeks, somewhere between the 16-20 week range, don't remember exactly. I think around 20 weeks he felt a little thump once, but it was about 22 weeks before he could feel it on a daily basis. Now she kicks and rolls so hard it actually scares him sometimes!
March 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
LOL Carla - yeah, I hear it can happen fast - you'll go from nothing, no chance of feeling movement on the outside to your belly rolling around and kicks visible from across the dinner table in a matter of just a few weeks!

I just feel bad, baby is kicking so much and I love feeling it but DH can't feel it at all yet

- and -
March 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I didn't feel baby till about 20 wks (that's when I new for sure it was baby, but thought I might of felt her before. DH didn't finally feel baby till not this past Sunday but the Sunday before, so about 27 wks...it's just a matter of timing. I had been feeling her on the outside before this, but everytime DH tried, she stopped moving.

March 23rd, 2010, 03:56 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH felt her for the first time around 24 weeks I think. Enjoy the kicks while you can because before long they will no longer be just YOURS anymore. I miss my baby being all mine sometimes

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

March 23rd, 2010, 04:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i didnt feel B till 19 weeks, I think it was a good few weeks after that DF felt it. Dont worry he will get to feel it, theres like an unwritten baby rule that as soon as daddy wants to feel, they stop, im sure of it
March 23rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't feel the baby until about 22 weeks and dh felt the baby at around 24-25 weeks. It seemed like everytime I called dh to come feel her moving around she would stop.
March 23rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I think he felt her around 22 weeks, a lot of time he puts his hand on and she stops moving. I texted him when she was really kicking (didn't want to yell or get up in case she stopped) and he came down and felt her. I felt like he was being left out too, because I started feeling her around 18 weeks.

March 23rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
Haha - well that makes me feel better, knowing that my LO isn't the only one who stops when daddy tries to feel him or her moving

- and -
March 23rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
many weeks...
he rarely kicked for Matt...
I'd say, when he is super active, have your DH put his hand on your tummy for about 30 minutes...just sit there like that
March 23rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I first felt what I thought was movement around 16 weeks but It was only once every couple of days. I started feeling regular movement at 18 week and by 19.6 weeks DH felt her kick hard!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
I started feeling steady movement from Fisher at around 16 weeks and it was around 20 weeks or so when DH felt him move! That was actually the only time he's felt him move so far...Fisher is really stubborn when other people put their hands on my belly to feel him!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

March 24th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awwwwwwwwwww your poor hubby... lol its because hes a BIG BULLY!!!!
March 24th, 2010, 03:05 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
I felt Siera kick at 20 weeks. We had the same problem as you actually. She was a lazy baby in general but when I would feel her move, I'd scream for DH to come feel and by the time he put his hands on my belly, she'd stop. It was like she was doing it on purpose. I don't think he REALLY felt her move until almost 30 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search