Update on me - sorry I've been MIA! *LONG*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2010, 08:13 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been SO MIA lately! I try to get on at least once / day to lurk and chart stalk but not always am able to post. It's tax season at my work - so I'm always busy - but even more so since I'm not as quick on my feet anymore!

I'm 33 1/2 weeks already! Time has flown by! I am looking forward to my Baby Shower this Saturday - will post pics for sure!

I had my latest appointment yesterday with my OB. My weight hasn't changed in the past 2 appointments (so that's the past month), but my uterus is still growing so there have been no concerns. My last appt., I was 31 1/2 weeks and measured at 33 and this appt I measured at 34. Doctor says that everything is right on!

We have our final Pre-natal class tonight. It's all so real! We thoroughly enjoyed taking the classes and learned a lot! DH will help me as much as possible to avoid the epi - but we will do what we will do!

We had a small drama recently about our hospital. We live in between 2 hospitals. Our OB works out of the bigger one. My DH asked a question while at our last pre-natal class and it was a good one. Our current hospital is renovating the labour / delivery area so they have set up a temporary area. Apparently - the temporary birthing rooms are quite small, they don't have a real door (cause there was no room) and have put pocket doors in. Also - the beds are positioned in a way that they have to face the door and potentially expose women (they added curtains to the doors!). They have one shower for the entire birthing dept and parking is $16!
The other hospital renovated 2 years ago due to a flood. We did a tour there on Monday. They have nice big suites - and PRIVACY! Every room, except one, has their own private jacuzzi tub to help cope with labour. It's a smaller hospital so not as busy as the other one. Parking is only $7. So - DH & I have decided we are going to the smaller and better hospital. I also decided that, although my OB is nice and all, I don't really have any loyalties to him... and he doesn't really to me either (You have a 1 in 10 chance of getting your OB when in labour as it's whoever is on call that delivers). I put in a call to the local midwife's office that work out of the better hospital and they have space for me! I'm just pending everything at this point but will be switching from my OB to the midwife.... whew!

So - that's it! Sorry I've been MIA - I think about my JM sisters everyday and have been lurking! *HUGS* to all!!

March 24th, 2010, 08:34 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
We have missed you, but totally understand!! Wow, I cant believe you are almost in your final month! I am glad everything is going well and I think you made a good decision to switch hospitals.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 24th, 2010, 10:45 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
We've definitely missed you! Thanks for updating us & I'm so glad that everything is going so good for you! I can't wait to see pics from your shower Saturday! Hope you have a blast!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

March 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Happy to see you back!!!

Sorry about the drama!!! I can't wait to meet Nikolas!!!

March 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great news about the smaller hospital, I would hate for someone to open the door and see everything! Have fun at your shower!
March 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i think i would have done the same thing with switching!! I'm so glad that midwife had room for you!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

March 24th, 2010, 12:37 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
dont worry about us... I'm glad you are doing great and kudos for switching! always follow your gut instinct. Have fun at your baby shower!
March 24th, 2010, 12:39 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
you have to let me know when your letters get there!! I mailed them Friday so we'll see when they arrive.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 24th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like everything is going good. Glad you got to switch to the smaller nicer hospital. Take care.

March 24th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Sounds like you're doing well I'm glad you get to go to the hospital you want, it definitely sounds like you made the right choice! And you'll love having a midwife, they're great

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
March 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DITTO!!! to what EVERYONE has said!!! I would have done EXACTLY what you are doing!!!

we do REALLY MISS you!!! but understand work is BUSY this time of year!!! cant wait to see pics of your baby shower!!!
March 24th, 2010, 08:30 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have fun at your shower! I'm glad you switched hospitals! The smaller one sounds much nicer! I can't believe a hospital is actually running in that condition!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search