Crib Bedding Opinions...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
I think I've finally found a neutral, solid colour crib bedding set... Now I just need to figure out what colour to go with!

Here's the set : Solid Khaki Baby Crib Bedding Collection

And if you scroll to the bottom, you can see it in Brown and Natural - the other two colours we are thinking of. The crib is almost the same as the one in the picture, but I've already ordered crib sheets that AREN'T white like the natural one so that isn't as much of a concern (you can see them here : Tadpoles Cocoa Organic Cotton Fitted Crib Sheets (Set of 2) | Overstock.com)

What do you think? What will match best? What about practicality, re: stains?

Thanks for your opinions girls

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
March 25th, 2010, 07:28 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally like the natural color. Matching isn't an issue for me, if it is high quality and cheap I don't care if it goes together or not. It's not like we are going to be holding tours of our house. And I doubt anyone is going to care.

You can always order some crib sheet savers (these are what I bought since the baby bedding is mostly white): Breathe-Easy Crib Sheet Saver 2-Pack - One Step Ahead Baby
March 25th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your opinion Lee Ann I like that one a lot too, but we won't even really be using the sheet (just as a backup) because I'd prefer the organic cotton against baby's skin more, which is the brown tadpoles sheets we bought.

I just feel like the brown sheets would look best with the natural crib bedding, but I'm worried about stains... Hmm...

Well DH and I like that one, and you do, so depending on what some of the BTDT mommies say we might be going with that

- and -
March 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I bought all organic cotton sheets too. I don't know much about staining...as I am wasteful and will just toss and buy more (that is one of the reasons I bought 8 sheets )
March 25th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
I like the khaki one. I use organic sheets on Siera's bed as well and they're so much softer than the non-organic one I have. She used to spit up a lot and we've never had a problem with staining. I only have three sheets that we rotate.

May 2013 July 2014
March 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who paid extra for organic cotton my family thinks I'm crazy LOL

And hahaha Lee Ann - I'm a bit more frugal (read, cheap) than you, that's why I bought brown sheets - stains will just blend in

- and -
March 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I bought all the sheets from pottery barn kids for $2.99 each. The best part is they are not only organic but they're 400 thread count. That is why I was able to afford so many of them and if they get messed up, it's not like I spent alot of money. I just couldn't pass up a deal like that!
March 25th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Sometimes, I really wish I was American! I spent $24 on 2 sheets But they're from tadpoles, so they're pretty high end... I'd be buying new ones if they got messed up at $2.99 each, too! LOL

- and -
March 25th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Are you close to the border? You could go get a post office box and have stuff shipped there. My BIL & SIL live outside Vancouver....and they have a PO Box in Bellingham that they drive down and check. We never send anything international to them, just send it to the post office.
March 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Actually DH's grandma has one that I can use for stuff like that to avoid paying duty, because they travel to the US about once/month for a day trip so they can check it and bring it back across the border. It wasn't the duty that was expensive, actually I bought them from overstock.com too - I think it was just the brand that made it pricey.

I'm leaning towards the natural coloured set, unless stains are going to be a big deal... Anyone have a light colour crib bumper pad or comforter and have some input?

- and -
March 25th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
This is the bedding set that we used for Siera (we changed it up when she turned one). It's organic and an ecru shade. I've never had any problems with stains or anything. Before she knew how to roll/crawl, etc. I used a sheetsaver or a receiving blanket for the area underneath her head in case of spit-ups. I remember Siera spit up once or twice and managed to get it on the bumper but it came off in the wash in warm water. Hope that helps

May 2013 July 2014
March 25th, 2010, 11:13 PM
That does help! Thanks!

- and -

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search