Update on me :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday was my 36 week appointment. I had my Group B strep test and my doctor did a cervical check while she was down there. She said i was *barely* 1 cm dilated. It was more than what i was expecting but from what people have told me it doesn't really mean much.. She still told me she didn't feel like he would be coming too soon. Camden is doing good BTW.. his HR was in the 130's. He kicked her while she was using the doppler. It's so cute to me because he does it practically every time she uses that thing on him!

When i came home from my appt i was thinking how it seemed like it would be FOREVER until he decided to come and i hadn't had any BH all day either. Well, i went and made dinner and started getting BH every couple minutes. I got a total of about 25 throughout the evening. They were also a "little" bit painful. Not sure if it really means much but i'm excited it seems like my body is at least getting prepared

Question for the ladies who've had a baby: At what point in time were you 1 CM and how long did you stay there? From what i'm hearing a woman can be at that point for weeks. It's a little discouraging.

April 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I can't help at all with the question, but just wanted to say that I'm glad things are going well. Rayanne kicks the doppler every time I check to hear her heartbeat at home!!

April 1st, 2010, 08:53 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your appointment went well and Camden is doing good. I can't believe you will get to meet him in a few short weeks

I was 1 cm from 36 weeks and was finally induced at 40+4. Sorry that isn't the news you wanted to hear. From what I read, most caucasian women with first babies don't deliver until after their EDD (I did alot of research because I was dying for Connor to come out LOL Now I look back and laugh at myself.)

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question hun, but I'm so glad that your body is preparing for the arrival of little Camden and that he is doing so well! I can't believe you will be meeting your little boy so soon! I am so excited for you and Jimmy!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

April 1st, 2010, 09:48 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
YAH for being dialated, even if it is 1 cm...that just shows you there is an end in sight!
What the Strep B test uncomfortable? I am not dreading it, but definitly not my idea of a good time either.
Glad to hear you and Camden are doing SO well!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been waiting for an update from you! Yay for being dialated! From what I've read, with first time mommies usually effacement comes first, then dialation, so effacement is a better indicator (I think! Don't quote me!) Usually once you go into full blown labor you dialate 1 cm an hour, so that just means you have less of a way to go! Sounds like your body is doing everything it should to get prepared! I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone says dialation doesn't mean a thing, it could be weeks, it could be the next day! At least your body is doing something!
April 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 1 cm for almost a week before my water broke. I wasn't any more dilated when I went into the hospital after it broke.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 1st, 2010, 11:02 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment.
April 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 1/2cm at 36 and 37 weeks and I think from 38 weeks to 40+weeks I was 1cm. I also went past my due date and delivered at 40w4d.

Did they say how effaced you were? My doctor told me that was more important than dilating for 1st timers. He put it as its harder for your body to do that.

April 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No she didn't say how effaced i was. Now i wish i would've asked! Oh well, it's all a waiting game anyway.

I have a little bit of exciting news--- i'm pretty sure i just lost part of my mucous plug I know that also doesn't mean THAT much but it's still getting me super excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceDianne View Post
YAH for being dialated, even if it is 1 cm...that just shows you there is an end in sight!
What the Strep B test uncomfortable? I am not dreading it, but definitly not my idea of a good time either.
Glad to hear you and Camden are doing SO well!!
Honestly, no. It wasn't bad at all. I never even felt anything go up "that hole" The cervical check was uncomfortable though.

April 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm glad everything is going well!!!! Yay for Camden being here hopefully within a month!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 1st, 2010, 01:09 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
OHHH YAH!!!!!! Mucous plug loss is a good sign, at least your body is cooperating!

Good, glad the test wasn't bad!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was 3cm at 37weeks...but...
i lost all my mucous plug the day before he came
April 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
chloe12's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear things are going well. All women are different, but my experience was that I sat at 1.5 cm's until I was finally induced at 41w3d...I didn't lose my mucus plug though.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear when your little one does make his appearance!
April 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 1cm dilated for a couple of weeks before I went into labor (at 40 weeks 4 days). I lost a tiny bit of my mucous plug a week before I went into labor and then lost the rest after I was in labor (and there was A LOT, more than I expected). By the time I went to the hospital (40 weeks and 5 days) I was still only 2 cm dilated but my contractions were coming pretty close together and lasting almost a minute each and I dilated to 3cm then 4cm pretty quickly. It can definitely move fast once you go into labor.

Good luck!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
Shaylyn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Shaylyn Send a message via Skype™ to Shaylyn
My goodness Krista! You girls are already about to pop! I hope he doesn't make you go over the 40!

April 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good apt!!! You're SO close! I was stuck at 3 cm for like 3 weeks, and ended up having to be induced at 41 weeks. The truth is, that your little guy will come when he's ready. Every woman dialates differently, and it you could go into labor at ANY TIME!!!

April 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not really any help because I was 1cm at 35 weeks and 60% effaced and then had a c/s at 36 weeks. Buttttt when I was in the hospital, before the c/s I did start having regular contractions (dr. said I would have prob gone into labor on my own.)

It's so hard because it could be something or it could mean nothing. Every woman is different. I know the last few weeks are so hard; anticipation, uncomfortable, achey, can't sleep!! Just hang in there girly! The end is IN SIGHT!! Will you have any help after he is born?
April 2nd, 2010, 05:56 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a great appoitment!!! Only a few more weeks

April 2nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not help but you can go from 1cm one week to 3cm the next week! I know it's discouraging but you still have 4 more weeks to dilate Can't wait to meet Camden!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search