Advice (TMI Warning) Update in post #6

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So DH and I dtd last night then again this afternoon, and well we got a little into things! Then we went out for a date and had time to kill before our movie started, so went to sears to look at a mower. I had to potty while there and my pantyliner had bright red blood on it. So I rushed home to put on a pad and get my temporary medicaid papers. When I got home and wiped again seemed like there was less blood. So I decided we would go on to our movie(we already had the tickets!). We just got home from the movie and when I pottied this time and wiped it was blood colored cm. I have had no cramps. Should I go to the ER or just wait and see; if I start bleeding more or if I start cramping. THanks in advance ladies!!

ETA: My pad has notihng on it, the intial blood was about 4 hours ago now. Have had no cramps, and current plan is to just wait and see what happens!

Last edited by MommyBeth; April 3rd, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
April 2nd, 2010, 08:47 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
it could be anything but the best thing you can do it relax and rest. I think you have a good plan.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
Personally, I would have went and had it checked. Sometimes it does not mean that you are having a miscarriage just that you need to be watched a little more , thats what they tried to tell me when I was bleeding on my 1st miscarriage but that was different, I didnt stop bleeding and I knew my hcg level was to low and it was a miscarriage... good thing for u, it stoped so i doubt it was a m/c....but I would certainly get it checked out...but JMO!

April 2nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Knowing that you recently had relations....I would just keep an eye on it. That is just me though.
April 3rd, 2010, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
It could also just be spotting from your cervix. Everything is real sensitive down there right now, and if you dtd twice, it could just be irritation. But, go get it checked out of course! Peace of mind and sanity is so much better than worrying about it!
April 3rd, 2010, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It has now completely stopped, and I never had any cramps or any blood on the pad, just a little bit when I would wipe. So I'm going to take things easy this weekend and stay away from dtd for a few days or weeks!!! LOL, thanks ladies. And yes peace of mind is an awesome thing, but when syptoms are still kicking my butt, I have a feeling all is well. And I have my first prenatal appt. in a week!!!!

April 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Amy I'm sure that taking a break from DTD and taking it easy this weekend is exactly what your dr would suggest.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant I would bleed some after DTD. My doc said it's because your cervix is softer and it bleeds easily during pregnancy. You might want to ask your OB if he wants a call if you bleed after DTD, but as long as there's no cramping and it's not alot, you are probably just fine.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This happened to me at 7/8 weeks, we were celebrating DH birthday and dtd and the next morning I was spotting red. I went to the ER and the Dr said it was common between 6-10 weeks to spot after DTD due to increased hormones. I was told to wait 2 weeks before dtd again, and that the spotting may last 48 hours. She also said not to worry or go back again unless the spotting was with pain/discomfort or as heavy as a period. I hope this is your case and that its now all stopped.

April 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Hows it going?
I know its hard, but TRY not to worry. I am sure everything is fine. Reg flags is doubled-over pain/cramps with lots of bleeding.
Like others have said, DTD can irritate your cervix because of the increase in blood flow down there and the sensitivity. I even had some blood on the pap equipment after they gave me a pap smear.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i would have called the Dr's office and seen what they had to say.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 6th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks again ladies.
I would've called the doc's office but it was Friday late afternoon, and they were closed and gone for the weekend. I'm going to mention at my prenatal appt. Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search