Finally Full Term! Yay! **38 w appt update post #8**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2010, 10:18 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whew! We made it to full term! Now Lexi has my full permission to come out whenever she'd like! So I'm on my 2nd day of diarrhea, so not fun. I've read that it *could* be an early sign of labor, like you're body's natural way of cleaning itself out. But after weeks and weeks of contractions I'm not expecting anything to happen anytime soon! My backache is horrid. I can hardly walk and the cramping is intense. I had intense, painful contractions all day and night, but here I am still! I had never even heard of prodromal labor before my dr told me about it. After googling it, I found lots of stories with women feeling crazy going through this so I don't feel so bad. I'm trying hard to stay upbeat, but its really physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting! The only good thing is that all the women said once they actually hit active labor it went fast, so maybe that's an upside! I actually have my 38 week appt tomorrow morning at 10 am so we'll see if I'm progressing at least. (My dr just informed me Monday that she'll be on vacation next week! So with my luck that will be the week I go into actual labor! ) So that's today's update! I may not be around that much. I'm going to try to take Bowser to the park (even though I can hardly walk!) and try my hardest to get my mind off all things pregnancy related! Yeah right huh?!

Last edited by ca_dawson; April 9th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
April 8th, 2010, 10:25 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Wooohooo for making it to Full term! Your little Lexi will be here soon! I can't wait to meet her!!!
Sorry you are feeling so yucky though, I hope it gets better soon!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

April 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
YAH for making it to full term!!!
COME ON LEXI!!!! You are making your Mommy miserable and its time for you to come out and meet her!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 8th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
Hooray on making it to full term! You had quite the battle, but it looks like you won and baby stayed in just long enough to finish baking Hope labor comes (and goes) quickly!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yuck for diarrhea and a backache. Hopefully she will be here soon! So exciting...and yay for figuring out your camera
April 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah for being full term!! When did they take you off of bed rest? I'm sorry to hear about the prodromal labor, it sounds awful. I hope that Lexi comes soon!

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOO HOO!! So glad you made it 37 weeks!!! I have a feeling your little girl will be making her grand enterance VERY soon!!

April 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Amanda, my dr let me off bedrest and meds the day I hit 36 weeks (but not a moment before) I think I actually took my last terbutaline pill at like 4 am that morning because the contractions were so bad and I just wanted to get some sleep in! Yay for you hitting 30 weeks! Almost there girl!

Well the contractions got to an all time worst last night. About 4 pm they started getting intense and were 6 minutes apart. These were the worst ever! I mean had to really breath through, intense knock you to the ground pain. At 6 pm I finally called DH to head home from work because things were just so intense. I got in the bath for a while and they still persisted. Then about 9 pm they got to 4 minutes apart and stayed that way until about midnight. Midnight is when I decided to lay down and see if I could get some rest. After all if this was "it" it would surely wake me up. Well fell asleep and woke up again to irregular contractions! OMG are you serious?! If this was false labor again what the heck is real labor going to feel like?! That was intense!

So this morning I had my "38 week" appt. My dr is out of town next week and wanted to see me at the end of this week. Anyways the good news is I'm still progressing. I've dialated, thinned out and she's dropped more according to my dr! Monday she said I was a "good fingertip" dialated. Today I'm 1.5, possibly 2. She did confuse me a bit because monday she was saying about 80%, but then today she said I've thinned more, almost completely thin, but when I asked about percentage she said 70%. And I've been at a 0 station but she said the baby dropped a bit more. How low can you go before she falls out?! But that explains the increased pressure in my butt! Then after she told me all that she kinda ran her fingers back and forth a few times and told me I may spot after this exam. Did she possibly sweep my membranes?! She never did that before or mentioned spotting? Then told me if I started having contractions regularly again lay down and time them. If they're within 5 minutes then I'm to go straight to the hospital! They weren't too happy that I didn't go to the hospital last night when they got so close for so long, but really what's the point? I mean obviously it wasn't the real thing since no baby today so I would have just wasted everyone's time! But I have a feeling when DH gets home if I'm still contracting he's going to force me too. I heard the nurse when I was in the bathroom telling him if they get that close again he needs to bring me even if I refuse!

So since then I've been having more painful contractions (pretty intense like last night) but haven't been timing them. If I had to guess probably back to 7-10 minutes apart. So here we go again! Another day of torture that I'm sure will lead to nowhere! But now I have to keep her put until at least next Thursday so my dr can be back from vacation! With my luck now that I need her to stay in another week she'll want to come for real! Oh well, guess we just have to wait and see what happens! These last few weeks are soooooo much fun!
April 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww hope the pain eases up and you can get some rest
April 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness. I really hope that the contractions will let up until it's time to go. I bet you've enjoyed being off of bed rest for two weeks!!! I'm sooooo jealous! I would love to just walk into target!!! I'm praying that the intensity lets up until it time.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 9th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Oh sweety I'm sorry about the pain. I hope the next few days go really fast for you.
Can't wait to meet Lexi.

[SIZE="3"]

April 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
LOL Carla - you're too funny! Well I'm glad at least that things are progressing and your doc saw you before they left.

Stay put little beanie! LOL

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
At least you are making progress!! Lexi is getting antsy to meet you, Mommy!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
does sound like a membrane sweep, I had it done, didnt do a thing for me, but you are progressed more then I am.. I hope she stays put til ur doc gets back! good luck and if not, ELV!

April 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're making some progress but sorry things are getting so uncomfortable for you. These last few weeks are definitely tough but will soon be a distant memory!! Hang in there as best as you can- she'll be here before you know it!!

PS- I absolutely hated bed rest and now I WISH someone would put me on bedrest
April 10th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
sounds like she did sweep your membranes....if your dr was saing you should have went in last night, they probably would have kept you and admitted you.

The last few weeks do suck because you are so uncomfortable and ready to meet your baby but Erin is right....it will all be a distant memory I too wish someone would put me on bedrest haha...

the contractions you are feeling are exactly like the "real" ones...so even though it's considered prodomal labor, it's the real thing. She will be here very soon!!

April 10th, 2010, 06:42 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the last few weeks are rough - just SLEEP as much as possible and relax...cant wait to meet your little girl!!
April 12th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks ladies! I've been trying to sleep, but with constant contractions waking you up its been a bit of a struggle! My puppy has no problems sleeping snuggled up against my big ole belly though! That's his favorite spot now! Poor DH has been sleeping on the couch because he can't sleep between my tossing and turning and getting up to pee all the time! Ah well, the end is near and I won't be pregnant forever! Wish I weren't in so much darn pain, but there has to be an end in sight soon! I've been taking daily walks which helps pass the time. Yesterday we took the dog to the park and walked the trails which was about a 2 mile walk and amazingly I did fine! I thought for sure I'd have to sit along the way, but I didn't! I was feeling pretty darn good! I was a little slow, but hey I made it!
April 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh i'm sorry you've had to deal with such intense contractions already! I definitely haven't experienced anything close to what you described. Hopefully when Lexi decides to come it'll be obvious for you. Hang in there!!

April 12th, 2010, 10:40 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Gosh you have been thru a lot...... hang in there!!!!!!!!! :highfives:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search