Urgh!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
URGH!

My SD is only 10 yrs old and her mother got her a facebook account. She didn't ask us (primarly ) her father if that is ok for her to have a account on facebook. We ain't ok with it cause we feel she is to young for it, JMO.

She has a picture of her on it, pretty much publicly displaying that she is a young girl with a tanktopish shirt and shorts. WTH is she thinking. She is encouraging sexual predators even more, they may try to add her and engage in conversation! We have full access to what she does here, primarly she watches family shows on family.ca, which is fine with us. We have no idea what she does on her mothers computer nor is there supervison of her actions on the computer at her mothers house. We don't have a password to her "new" facebook account so we also can't protect her from this predotors either as we have custody of her mon-fri. I think its in our right for us to say to her mother that we don't agree with her having a account and specifically take down the picture of her. And her mother thinks cause she is fine with her having a account on facebook, that it stays.. URGH.. isn't the legal limit of facebook suppose to be 13 anyways?.. Im just worried she talk to older men that she shouldnt be and we have no control over it..
I don't think im over the line with telling her to remove the picture/the account? I mean my DH is the dad, he doesnt want her to have a account --he does have a say in the matter doesn't he???

April 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally don't show our faces over the internet...I have, but try to avoid. I definitely hear your concern and I wouldn't exactly be comfortable with my 10 year old daughter having a fb that we didn't have access to.

This seems like something your dh and ex are going to have to battle out.
April 10th, 2010, 07:06 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do believe that you have to be 13 in order to have a facebook account. If it gets reported to Facebook, they will remove it. I've had friends who made facebook accounts for their children just so they could post family photos to share with their friends and Facebook admin have deleted the accounts.

April 11th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ditto^^ You should be 13 to have an account.

I think you should point that out to your DH and get him to firmly discuss the issue with his daughters mother. I don't see any reason for a 10yo to have access to the internet for anything other than educational purposes. But that's JMO.
April 11th, 2010, 08:47 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heck, if that is the case about the age....you or your dh could always contact FB admin and let them know.
April 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another thing Jen, is that you can get her privacy settings adjusted... so that she's not searchable or viewable to people who aren't her friends. There are ways to keep her "hidden" from people she doesn't know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search