Diapers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know this is a FAQ but whenever i try to find old posts i can never located them.... so i must ask again.

How long were your LO's in each size of diapers? Obviously i know this varies by the baby and such but i guess i'm just trying to get an idea how many packs of size 1 to have on hand for when he gets home. While i was pregnant I wasnt really going to "stock up" because I didnt want to bother with exchanging and brands not working but he's been using Swaddlers this whole time now so i'm comfortable continuing with them of course! I have some gift cards and dont really need anything else so i figured i'de get a few packs ready

Michael is currently 6 1/2 lbs and will probably be 7+ by the time he gets to come home. I could be wrong but i kind of think growth wise he's on track with an full term baby right now since his due date is next week. I only have 1 pack of NB and one larger pack of size 1's. The hospital gives you a full NB pack plus any open ones so thats great but what about later sizes ?

Thanks!

April 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This got pushed down the page really fast so i'm just bumping it back up

April 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were in NB swaddlers for a really long time. Once we moved up to size one nothing fit. NB were too short, but they hadn't reached the weight limit for size one yet. I tried huggies, pampers, target and BRU brands. Huggies worked the best for a few weeks, then pampers then target. I don't remember how long we were in each size, but NB were the longest. We just now moved to size 3. We haven't hit hte weight for them, but once again the girls are too long for size 2 and their little butt cracks were showing.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 12th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
I'm curious to see the answers as well, since I have one pack of NBs and I'm hoping that will be enough to get us through to cloth! LOL

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should add that Mikey is already bigger than my girls were when they were born. I think most kids spend very little time in NB diapers. We were in them so long that I bought NB size cloth and got great use out of them.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Summer was 6lbs 13oz at birth (8 days late) she was in newborns for MONTHS!! she is currently 19 months 18.5lbs and wearing size 3
April 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paige was 7lbs even when she was born and was in newborn Pampers Swaddlers for 2 months. Everyone said no babies are in newborns long, but she surprised us and was in newborns for 2 whole months. Then in size 1 for a few months then size 1-2, then size 2 for what seemed like forever. Paige was 10 months old this past Saturday and we JUST moved to size 3 Pampers. We have only used Pampers. I noticed too that Paige would still be in the size after the suggested weight limit. But not too much longer. Paige has always been in the 50% for her weight so it's not like she's super small or anything. She's short, but normal weight. Hope this helps some.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

April 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaiden is still in NB swaddlers...they still fit perfectly...I think we've gone through about 8?? packs of them...this is our last one, and I have a 216 pack of Size 1, so I hope that he is ready but I might need more NBs!
April 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Newborns for the longest amount of time, probably 2 months.
Size ones for about a month
Size 1-2 for about a month
and now has been in size 2s for a month and prob has a while longer in size 2s
April 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Addison was in NB way longer than I thought she would be too. She was born 7lbs 1 oz, but got down to 6 10 I think. I believe I had 2 large boxes of NB and I probably bought 3 more?

April 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Hmmm...I guess I should buy a couple of packs of newborn...I was also wondering this, as I am trying to stock up, but am afraid of having too many newborn...what weight does newborn go to, because I'm scared she will be too big for newborn when she gets here.

April 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marci-the NB swaddlers go up to 10lbs.

Marina is still in the NB swaddlers and she just turned 4 weeks old today. She was 7lbs 8.5 oz at birth and dropped to 7lbs 3oz at the hospital. She is still a little too small for her cloth diapers but once she's a bit bigger we will switch to cloth. We go through about 12 diapers a day, Marina is quite the pooper and we are constantly having to change her, LOL!

April 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Camden is 3 months today, and we've been in size 2's for a few weeks. He can still wear size 1's but they BARELY fit. He only wore the newborn size for the 1st few weeks, then went right into size 1. He was 8 lbs 1oz at birth and weighs 14.5 lbs now!

April 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It also depends on how tall your lo is. Billy was in newborns for less than a month, then 1's for a few weeks, and then he needed 2's till just recently. He is 4 months old now and in size 3 because he is just sooooo tall. He isnt at the weight for 3's (he is only 13 pounds 7 ounces) but was having a million poops up the back because 2's werent long enough and since moving to 3's we have NO problems!!

April 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Haylea was 6 10 at birth and we used nb until she was about 8lb...so right on with the package suggestion. We were in size 1 the longest and at about 6 1/2 mo we switched to size 2 and as soon as we use these up we are going to 3s and she will be 8 mo this weekend. She is tiny for her age though...11th percentile
April 14th, 2010, 03:39 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Connor wasn't in NBs for long. He is really long and was 22 inches by 2 weeks. The NB's still fit weight wise, but we started having leaking problems. I switched him to size 1's and the leaks went away.

We are still in size 1's now and he is almost 3 months. He's no where near growing out of the 1's yet. Last stats were at 2 months: 10 lbs 2 oz and 14 inches long.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Eli spent about a month in NB, a month and a half in 1s, and now a month in 2s. He's getting kinda long for the 2s but I hope he'll stay in them for a little longer since I have one box of 2s and 2-3s that I don't want to go to waste!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
April 16th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Bella was 5.14 when she was born and in preemies for about 3 weeks, then switched to newborns until she was just under 2 months (she weighed 11lbs at 2 months), then to size 1's when she was 3 months, size 2s when she was 4.5 months (she weighed 14lbs at this time) and is now close to size 3's (we use swaddlers 2-3 during the day but baby dry size 3 at night). my girl is flying through diaper sizes

I wouldn't buy any diapers until he's almost done with the hospitals ones. This way you can see if he's ready for size 1's or not. Every baby is different!

April 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So heres something interesting, i went in yesterday and they already had him in size 1's at 7lbs even though NB still fits fine... guess i'll be returning the NB's i have!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search