Traveling questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My sister is getting married in August and we'll all be taking the trip to MI from WVA (probably stopping overnight in Ohio on the way) and i dont really know what exactly i need to pack. I've traveled with babies before but they've never actually been mine! I dont want to be one of those people that takes his entire room with us and obviously i can run to the store for diapers or something if i run out but are there any travel essentials that i should take? He'll be 4 months adjusted age, will he be into toys by then or will he basically sleep and cry the whole time?? How many extra outfits would you take? I will sort of have access to laundry if i really it but it would be a pain. My list right now is

Obvious would be his diaper bag(s) - dh refuses to carry my Coach one with the normal things and i'll add in tylenol and gas drops in case he has a rough ride.

Suitcase would have
- 7 or 8 outfits? plus rehearsal and wedding outfits (we'll be gone 5 days)
- 7 or 8 jammies?
- jacket or hoodie just in case
- socks? It will be summer should i take socks?
- blankets/sleepsack
- extra diapers

How many bottles? - I'll pre make enough for the drive but should i also take more actual bottles or will 3-4 be okay? obviously i'll have to keep washing them over and over.

Pack and Play and stroller? We're sleeping at a hotel so we'll need the p&p but I dont know if i'll actually need the stroller... again i'm a "take just in case" kind of person but i dont want to be excessive!

I have a horrible habit of over packing for myself but the car is only so big and we now have an extra person so i must cut back! Lol. I'm suddenly overwhelmed and its still 4 months away! haha

April 14th, 2010, 08:39 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it were me, I'd rather pack it and not use it, than not pack it and need it. I would definetely bring the P&P and stroller. You could always buy more diapers if needed, so pack the stuff that would be hard to buy if you needed it. I think your list sounds great. (Yes, I would pack a light jacket, sleep sack and socks too) Toys for SURE! (Camden has LOVED the black and white toys since he was first born)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search