Questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So seeing all the threads about pumping questions, has me asking a few of my own. I'm due at the end of October, which kind of the middle of a semester for me.(I'll have about 6 weeks left, before Christmas Vacation.) And I was wondering should I try to BF at all or EP? My plan right now is to spend 2 weeks out of class and then go back. I really can't miss anymore class than that. I'm hoping I get a chance to get a good freezer supply built up, but formula is always an option if needed. I do plan to pump when I go back to school. I really want to BF.

April 16th, 2010, 02:43 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I think its a very personal choice whether you try to BF at all or EP from the beginning. But one website I read did say that if you were going to EP, it would be best to get your first pumping session in within 6 hours of the baby's birth. I would just suggest doing research on it and deciding what's best for you and your situation.
April 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
it will be really hard to build a good supply in 2 weeks, since it takes 3-5 days for your supply to even come in.

its completely your decision but if it were me, I would BF in the hospital, pump while home and supplement with formula (this is actually what I did).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search