Ouch! Extreme tailbone pain!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! For the last couple of days I've been getting the worst, sharp, stabbing, feels like someone is ripping my tailbone in two pain! It comes and goes but geez when it hits it knocks the wind out of me its so painful! I'm pretty sure its just her headbutting (Haha! Literally!) me in the tailbone, but geez it is intense! It makes me jump out of my skin! I also get a burning sort of sensation in my cervix, like she's trying to rip her way out or something! Man I hope this little girl decides to make her appearance soon! She is killing me! Did anyone else experience this sort of intense pain?
April 16th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always said that the burning was dilating...she's probably super low if she's hrting your tailbone. how are your contractions? you might want to get checked at some point if you have all this going on. when is your next dr. appt?

April 16th, 2010, 05:43 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yea...what lyz said...i got the same right before he came out...
hopeit is very soon!!
April 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe the tailbone pain is back labour contractions? I do remember our pre-natal instructor describing them like that to us.

Hope it goes away soon!

Do you have an exercise ball at home? Maybe try sitting and rotating on one of those?

April 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like labour pains to me. Good luck!
April 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did have some tailbone pain at the end. But, you might want to give your OB a call just to make sure it isn't labor pains. Hope your LO gets here really soon!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I did go and get checked and once again nothing! Well, I'm another centemeter dialated and at a +1 since last week, so I guess I am progressing. However at this rate I might be pregnant all summer. So now I'm 2 cm dialated, 80% effaced, +1 station. Every time I get checked I've made progress, but geez at this rate its not worth the MONTH of pain and contractions I've been in! I did lose about a quarter sized chunk of a bloody glob yesterday when I was having contractions. They got down to 2 minutes apart for a good 4 hours, lying down, moving around, even through a shower so I finally decide to go off to the hospital. Even the ride over to the hospital contractions were still 2 minutes apart and then I got in there, got hooked up and bam....they space out again! They were 2 minutes apart for a good 30 minutes, then to 5 minutes, then 8 minutes, then back to 10 minutes apart! Then as we were waiting on discharge papers they got back to 5 minutes and then back to 2 minutes on the car ride home! And of course had contractions all night and didn't get much sleep again! UGH! How is that possible?! Everyone else gets to start having contractions and then get a baby in the end! I get to have weeks and weeks of contractions and get nothing but slow progression! The nurse said my dr would have kept me and helped things along had it not been the weekend. I'm tired, exhausted, frustrated and in freaking pain! I seriously think those meds screwed my body up and now it doesn't know what to do! Sorry for venting yet again. I just don't know how long I can go on living like this! I seriously take like 4-5 baths a day just for pain relief. DH joked last night that when my contractions start he was going to squirt some blue goo on my belly and start making beeping machine noises and they'd go away! I see my dr again on Monday and I'll see what she says. At this point I've lost all faith in my body and honestly don't think I'll have a baby without help. My contractions just won't get it together and stay consistent.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search