Update from 4/16

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This morning my hemoglobin and hematocrit dropped meaning that I've lost a little more blood than what the Dr had originally thought. I started bleeding bright red blood again but it's still only a small amount for the time being. so the plan is to draw my blood again in the morning and if it remains low then give me a blood transfusion. I've never had one before and the thought really scared me. They started me on compression hoses to prevent blood clots today. Kennedi has been very active and doing good. The Dr said that I have to go atleast 7 days without any blood before he will let me leave the hospital. I had lots of visitors today and I was talking to a friend of mine that is an OB/GYN and things started to set in that when the time comes for her to be born it's going to be an emergency c-section more than likely and it scared me. I had a meltdown and started crying like crazy this afternoon. I've never been so scared. All I want is for Michael, Kennedi, and I to be a family. It's still just a sit and wait game.Sorry for being so down. I'm hoping that a good nights sleep and my friend Ashley coming to supervise my blood transfusion, along with having the whole weekend with Michael not leaving my side will help me find a new perspective.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 16th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be sure to say extra prayers for you this weekend. I hope that you get some peace about the situation, for I know it must be stressful!

April 16th, 2010, 07:48 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm so sorry amanda...i cant imagine the stress...
i hope that you have a restful weekend and that the bleeding stops...

are they still thinking that you might be released from the hospital??
April 16th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Amanda. I can't imagine how scary it would be going through all you have. But after all of this you will get to meet Kennedi and be a family.

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

April 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. The Dr told me yesterday that I would have to go an entire 7 days without bleeding before he would let me go home. I'm still bleeding today. So for now we get to stay put. My Hemoglobin came up to 8.8 this morning it was 7.9, the on-call Dr will be doing her rounds this morning and she's going to make the decision whether or not to give the blood transfusion. I actually got 9 hours of sleep last night. I def needed it. I woke up with a better perspective this morning. I think sleep exhaustion was setting in.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

April 17th, 2010, 06:44 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I hope things go alright and that you have a good support system there.
April 17th, 2010, 07:31 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this, but I am so glad to hear that Kennedi is doing well and that you have gained a new perspective! I will continue to keep you, Kennedi, and your dh in my thoughts and prayers!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

April 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. Please KUP on what the morning Dr. prescribes. I can't imagine that a transfusion is fun, but you'll probably feel better after.

April 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending lots of hugs your way. I know right now it's really scary, I was at that place with Connor. All you want is for your LO to be safe and healthy. Just know in the end you will be holding your beautiful baby girl and everything will be worth it.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 17th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. At least Kennedi is doing well. If you have any questions about the csection, please ask...or visit the csection board. I was very nervous about having one at first, but did a ton of research and was ultra relaxed during it. I knew everything that was going to happen and not having any surprises was great. That comes in handy, especially when I had a kid who took a breath and then refused to take another for what seems like an eternity. If you know what will happen, you have a better chance of enjoying the birth and staying calm through the environment that may seem different.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Amanda! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad they are taking such good care of you and Kennedi though. The most important thing is the two of you come out safe and healthy. You've made it this far!
April 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for that info. I've been told that when the time comes it's going to be a stat c-sections and basically they are going to give me gas and take her out. I won't be awake. Being a NICU nurse I've seen what the c-section looks like but the fear comes from it all happening so fast. I'm just scared of how fast the whole process will go.

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

April 17th, 2010, 03:33 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Im sorry to hear that sweetie! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 18th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I am so sorry things are not improving Amanda!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search