Announcement Regarding Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I wanted to let everyone know that there is a slight change with the chat schedule. The Tuesday night chat is specifically for those topics related to trying to conceive. The Wednesday night chat is specifically for TTC graduate topics. Therefore topics regarding pregnancy will be saved for the Wednesday night chat. If you have any questions regarding this change please feel free to PM me.

Thank you!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't show up to last Tuesday's chat cause I was wondering about that.
April 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I posted my comment in the TTC#1 announcement.

April 19th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also commented in the TTC#1 thread regarding this issue.

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

April 19th, 2010, 02:44 PM
It's just garbage... I'm done fighting it. JM is all about NOT excluding people and now we are being excluded. When we had this conversation back in September (I don't have the posts handy) WE (the grads) were told that we weren't able to have a grad chat cause we couldn't "exclude" anyone on JM... now we are being excluded and being accused of stuff that is NOT true. Not one of the grads have shown up to chat and started pg talking... the only time it comes up is when asked... even still it's not a lot.... and again - it's only when asked.

Now that we are not allowed in the TTC#1 chat - can we repost the times / days poll?

ETA: - Here's the post from September where the grads were told that we couldn't have our own... http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...3849-chat.html (Chat?)

Last edited by ~* Liss *~; April 19th, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
April 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Yep, I searched that thread for teh grads to remember what we were told back in Sept. I really hope you all can come to tue chat... for our support! If not, I'll come to wed night and chat with my ttc grads!
April 19th, 2010, 03:30 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
I will have to check out the other thread but i think a lot of people felt ostracized in the past and what Elissa said is very true. I have a lot of mixed feelings and opinions about this. For now I will try to be at both chats at the co-host I feel like i should be at both of the chats if for no other reason than to show support and that i care. We've ALL been ttc at one point or another and it is frustrating, but chatting with the grads can also be a time to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think MOST of us will agree its not easy TTC, for me personally it took me 20 cycles and two shots to get this little baby. But i haven't forgotten what its like and neither have any of you i'm sure. I thought the whole idea was for no one to be discluded like Elissa said. Its nice to get everyone together, especially on slow nights. I hope the grads will still pop into Tuesday night chat from time to time just to say hi at least! I will...

For all of you, our chat is Wednesday at 7 pm eastern (6 pm central, 4pm for you guys on the west coast).

That also being said, I know we try to keep our chats about pregnancy in private chats/messages during chat so as not to make anyone feel uncomfortable...

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 19th, 2010, 03:40 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent made many chats in the last few months, but I know that all the grads have been very sensitive about the TTCers because the ones who go to the chat are the ones who know what it was like to struggle for so long to get PG...

I also remember the September post, and wonder why it changed - can you give us an explanation?

When I became a *grad*, many of the grads were just about to give birth, and many of them didnt know the TTCers and it made it harder to become involved in the subforum initially (not because there was anything wrong on either end, but simply they didnt know me and I didnt know them), the chat was a way for all of us to stay connected...

Personally, I dont have the time to read through all the journals of everyone except for a few, but I could chat with them and get to knwo the new girls...

Unfortunately, I think this will separate out the forum once again...

April 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the sensitivity issue seems to be a cycle on JM....and I've even pondered whether or not I should continue to post on the board. I try and offer support especially to the girls that I've gotten to know, but I'm so busy with work and getting ready for things that I don't have much time on here anymore although I try to get on in the AM and PM to read and respond to posts.

I've never talked about my pregnancy in chat unless asked about it...but I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable because of me. As far as I'm concerned

"the tribe has spoken"

so I will stay out of chat.
April 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
After reading the other thread and posting a lengthy (and probably too lengthy, but that's my job) post...i have said my piece. I will still show up but i may not have much to say...as a host i feel like its my responsibility to show up for a least a little while, but on the other side i mentioned in my LONG post that i feel that perhaps they do not want a pg host? I think we are MORE than sensitive on this board...more sensitive than any other board including LOSS boards... I just feel as though at LEAST one person had to have complained. I am thrilled we have our "own" chat time but feel we will be excluded from chat and won't be joined by others during grads chat...but i do hope some ttcers come join us in grads chat if nothing else than to say hi!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 19th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for your message on the "other side" Kate. I'm not sure if you saw the original post this morning from Twinkle... the original one said specifically that the Tues was for TTC and the new one was just Grads... it specifically said that we had our own chat so as not to make the TTCers uncomfortable.

I'm sorry if I was the one to make the big deal out of it - but I was offended. I was offended by admin - we asked for our own chat back in Sept so to try to help with any uncomfortableness - and we were told we couldn't. Now all of sudden we are told that we can't go to the other one (the original post has since been changed). I will ask Twinkle again for a new time / day poll cause I will not be attending the Tuesday night chats - I have loved going to it for almost a year and a half - but I won't deal with the drama of it any more.

Maybe the TTC#1 grads should be a whole seperate forum and not a sub of TTC#1? Maybe that's the answer.

I know that we are always sensitive in chats - like I said - we've ALL been there! Anyways - this had been drawn out again too much... it comes up every 6 mths...

I will stick with the girls that I know and the grads...

April 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree Kate. I am hopeful that some of the TTCers will join "our" chat (and I hate that I have to call it our chat). Like Tanya said I don't have time to keep up with all the journals and like to keep up with people at chat rather than try and read everyone's journal.

And yes someone probably complained. I know for a little while TTCAL chat was under strict instruction to keep the topics to TTCAL and it was because of a complaint. I am hoping it will all blow over as it did there and we will not be forced to create a big line between TTC and Grad.

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

April 19th, 2010, 08:01 PM
ignore...

Last edited by ~* Liss *~; April 19th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
April 19th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can never make it to the Tues night chat anyway. What time is the Wed. chat? Maybe I can make that one. As a vet I know more grads than newbies anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search