Intro and question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies, first off, I just want to say that I am ecstatic that I am here right now making introductions. However, I am in the very early stages of pregnancy and a little nervous because we were just not expecting this miracle baby-bean and so we are basically trying to get through each day without worrying too much!

My hubby and I have been trying for almost a year with no luck, no BFP, nada. Found out that DH has MFI and went straight to IVF since his counts were so desperately low. I was waiting for AF to arrive so that I could start BCP with the IVF and used up some old pregnancy tests I had laying around. And that's our story of how I got my BFP and this miracle baby.

Anyway, I had a question for those of you who have BTDT. I scheduled my first appointment with my new doctor (my old one was just a GYN and I didn't like his practice so I switched today). Anywho, they scheduled my first ultrasound appointment for May 4th based on my LMP. Problem is, I KNOW I ovulated on day 23 which makes everything out of wack. Even when I told her that, she still made that date saying that it would be within the time they would be able to see the baby via ultrasound.

I have put in my LMP to so many of those website and am just so confused since I know I ovulated on day 23 of my cycle. Sorry this got so long, but can you help me figure out when my EDD would be and if I will be able to see my baby via ultrasound by May 4th? I would be so scared if we could't see anything on that date, but it just may be too early? Oh my REAL LMP is March 13th.

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

April 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
Hi Jessica and Welcome! Congrats on your baby, that is so awesome you got your bfp before needing the ivf!
I used this calculator: Pregnancy Due Date Calculator | Tools | BabyCenter

and put in your O date, so it has your EDD at December 26. So, May 4th you should be give or take six weeks. You will probably be able to see something on the ultrasound, but the heartbeat may not be visible yet...I'm not sure, my first doctor wouldn't look until nine weeks, but they had really old crappy equipment at that hospital, so yours might be better.

As for the O date, don't bother trying to tell the doctor's office that the lmp date is wrong, they use it no matter what you say. They'll measure on the ultrasound and give you a new date anyway. I kept trying to argue about my dates, but they didn't want to listen. Now she is measuring within 3 days of my O date, so they'll get close eventually. Babies never come on their due date anyway, or so I hear.

I hope you have a great appointment in a few weeks!

April 20th, 2010, 04:50 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoky View Post

As for the O date, don't bother trying to tell the doctor's office that the lmp date is wrong, they use it no matter what you say. They'll measure on the ultrasound and give you a new date anyway. I kept trying to argue about my dates, but they didn't want to listen.
Ditto. Welcome and congrats!!!
April 20th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
April 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They may not be talking an abdominal u/s - maybe a transvag? They would likely be able to see something - but I agree not necessarily the hb, yet!

on your BFP!! Welcome to the grads!

April 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
yes even at 8+ weeks my first u/s was transvaginal...a much better picture than the abdominal u/s we just had almost 5 weeks later...I'd just give them your regular LMP, they will date you, most don't do an u/s until later anyway so you shoudl be fine

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Yea, they will do a trans vag u/s to make sure they can see the baby. I had the same issue with when I O'd. I thought my EDD would be June 2nd based on O but they made it May 26th based on the start of my last AF, plus baby was measuring right on the May 26th schedule. Congrats!!!!!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WEll, I went in today for my second beta's and should have my results by tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and keep my appointment with the new doctor and just trust that they know what they are doing. I know when I o'd though so I wonder how that will play out. Thanks for all the words of wisdom!!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

April 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So excited for ya Jessica!!!

April 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say welcome and congrats!!

April 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats! Yeah they'll give you an "official" date based on the ultrasound. I didn't O until somewhere between CD 22-24 either. My first U/S there wasn't much to see but a sac, so if you don't see much don't worry. They had me come back 2 weeks later for another ultrasound and that's where they were able to do the dating and give a better EDD.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search