Pic Heavy Update!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 10:27 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to share an update with some pics! I'll do a birth story soon hopefully, but here's an update. First off we are so in love! We couldn't be blessed with a more perfect little girl! We had her first pedi visit today. She did have a bit of jaundice and they rechecked that today. She did not like getting poked, nor did mommy and daddy! She had real tears, it was so sad! She has lost a whole lb since birth. Today she was 6 lb 2 oz, so we have to go in Saturday to recheck her weight. My milk is just starting to come in so hopefully she'll gain now that she's getting milk. She latched on right away at the hospital and has been nursing like a champ ever since. She really only gets fussy when she's hungry or dirty. As for me, well I'm recovering! Labor and delivery were nothing compared to the recovery! She came out so fast my dr did end up having to do a 2nd degree episiotomy and I did tear on my left labia....ouch! But the worst thing ever was the constipation afterwards! OMG I finally went to the bathroom this morning and that was WAY worse than childbirth! And I think it may have disturbed the stitches so I have to get those checked out. I also still having major swelling in my legs and feet, so hopefully that goes down soon. Other than that we are doing well! Hopefully recovery gets easier and faster! So now to the good stuff...here are some pics! FYI my mom grabbed my sis's camera instead of mine and her date was set wrong, so the dates are all off on the pics!

12 hours into labor I realized this may take a while so might as well get some makeup on!

Still waiting...one of my last preggo pics!

This is when they said it was time to push! Checking on DH to make sure he was ok!

She's here! They were playing with her hair when she was almost out!

Getting a closer look

She came out fast and swallowed some fluid so she was a bit blue but was just so alert

Her and daddys 1st pic

She had to go to the nursery for a while due to her breathing. He was so worried!

Daddy playing with her feet!

Getting checked out

So alert!

Daddy checking her out

Getting some rest
April 23rd, 2010, 01:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lurking........... She is beautiful

April 23rd, 2010, 03:28 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, she's beautiful!!! The days/ following childbirth are REALLY rough, and I totally know how you feel. It will get a little better each day.

April 23rd, 2010, 05:54 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Glad you are doing so well!!!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 23rd, 2010, 06:01 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's SO gorgeous Carla! Congrats again!

You looked great having just delivered a baby!

April 23rd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is soo beautiful! I loved seeing the pics of her with her daddy! He is beaming! And you looked beautiful - loved the red lipstick
April 23rd, 2010, 06:23 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yayy! She's beautiful and so are you!!

The days following are definitely ROUGH! I had a c/s and Ithink day 4 was probably the hardest but it will soon be a distant memory enjoy your new baby girl!! Thanks for the update!
April 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
such a cutie!! The constipation and tearing sound awful. I'm hoping that things heal fast. MOM (milk of magnesia) works great for the constipation. I'm learning this while being on bed rest. She is so adorable and I can't wait to see her grow strong and big

May 2010- Kennedi

Oct 2012-Everly

4 angel babies watching over us.

April 23rd, 2010, 07:54 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You made it look like labor was a breeze! Congrats!!!

When the girls get older (and mobile)....we should schedule a playdate
April 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
She's beautiful and I can't believe how great you look before and after birth! I looked like the crypt-keeper Congratulations!

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

April 23rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's so good to hear from you! I'm glad breastfeeding is going well! Hopefully you'll recover soon- it sounds very painful She is SO cute! Congrats again sweetie!!

April 23rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww she's beautiful!!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Girl you look way to happy to be having a baby!! Awesome pics, i can't believe how wide her eyes are open!! She's beautiful, hope things start falling into place soon, and sorry about the poop. That definitely sounds awful!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats! She's beautiful. I had the same problem with the constipation, even with stool softeners. I dreaded every time I felt like I had to go!
April 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carla, she's so beautiful and you are one hot mommy! Your pics brought tears to my eyes, such a miracle! I can tell you two are going to be amazing parents to that perfect little girl. Glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well, I know that can potentially be a huge struggle, so for that! Fast healing vibes coming your way!!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
April 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful!! the recovery is hard, especially with that kind of tearing but each day gets better. I felt better by week 2. I hope she gains weight like she should

April 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh she is such a beautiful little girl!!!! Im so happy everything is going well!!!

I am over the moon happy for y'all!!

BTW: You looked fab just after giving birth
April 25th, 2010, 07:39 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww both of you girls are gorgeous!!! Hope you are feeling better!!! Congrats again!!
April 25th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Angel_Maker
She is so beautifu and OUCH about the tearing

I know from past experience that the recovery is definitely the most painful part! (and I didn't even have a baby to take care of afterwards!) Hope you heal quickly and your baby girl puts on some weight!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search