Maternity shopping...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 10:22 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Where have you been successful?? I have struck out BIG TIME in the bottoms department...pants/shorts/etc, no dice. Luckily I still have one pair of regular jeans i can wear. BUT i have found quite a few tops. Kohls is having a maternity sale online (and from what i understand in store too). I got a bathing suit, dress and several shirts for $95...free shipping and 15% off helped as well! Just thought I'd pass this along and see what you've found so far that worked!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 25th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had the worst luck with maternity clothes. I've almost cried over it a few times (yay, hormones!). I am not much of an online shopper, because I have a freak's body, haha. I am so freaking short that some stuff completely drowns me!

I didn't have any luck in-store at Kohl's. I hated everything I saw online at Old Navy - but when I finally went into the store, I found a BUNCH of stuff there. They even had cute bottoms, but I couldn't buy any of them because they're too long. Motherhood Maternity has petite jeans so I've bought two pair, and they had some decent jean shorts, so I bought a pair of those.

I'd love to find come capris - I think I'm just going to have to buy a pair and have them hemmed.

I've also had luck buying a size or two up in non-maternity sun dresses. I teach, so I have the summers off. I plan on hanging out in sweatshorts and sundresses after school's out
April 25th, 2010, 12:03 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought about 90% of my stuff online at Old Navy. It was really frustrating at first because the sizing really varied. Some of the pants fit great...(and they have the tall length which I couldn't find anywhere else)...but I had to return/exchange the clothes about 4 times. It really wasn't that big of a pain because it is free shipping back to them if you exchange it and we have a UPS box at my office so I could pack it all up and drop it off at work. I did go to an Old Navy that had maternity clothes onsite in Houston, but they had a really poor selection. And I've gotten a few t-shirt tops and yoga pants at Target and that is it.

I did buy the blouse for my shower at Kohls but I had a $10 off coupon and it only costed me $4.76 (it was pretty uncomfortable though but looked cute).
April 25th, 2010, 01:05 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! I hated maternity clothes shopping! I never really found anything that really worked. I ended up getting 2 pairs of jeans from motherhood maternity, but they would fall down even up to the very end. The smallest size they carry is small and even at 9 months I'd take two steps and start getting a droopy butt. I had to pull those up all the time! I ended up getting two pairs of regular cargo pants from old navy, just in a med instead of small and wore those most of the time. They have the stretchy waist and drawstring and those worked great. Tops for the most part I just bought regular shirts in the empire waist style a size bigger and that worked the entire pregnancy. I did get this "starter kit" from motherhood maternity that had a spagetti strap top, tank top, T shirt with the ribbed sides and yoga pants and that was the best investment. I wore those all the time.
April 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Well I ended up getting a few things from Motherhood and I hope the jeans fit, if not i guess i'll have to send them back. AND they have a deal where if you spend $75 they will send you a $50 restaurant gift card so i thought that was a pretty good deal. I bought a couple of shirts, a few pairs of sweat shorts I can just pull on and a REALLY cute paisley zip up hoodie jacket, i LOVE paisley if you didn't know! There are also a few things at Old Navy I think i still need to have! i may do that too... You're right Lee Ann, I have had a hard time with their sizing.

Carla, I also bought some pants from old navy and just went up a size that have the stretchy waist band/drawstring combo. So far that's what i've worn for work but i can NOT find cute shorts that aren't a gross length...oh well i'll keep looking!

Thanks for the advice ladies and keep it coming!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
April 25th, 2010, 03:51 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I bought my jeans at Motherhood Maternity because I need a 34" inseam, and Old Navy's talls are only 32". I got some bermuda shorts and capris at Old Navy, and almost all my tops from their online store. I found if they were 100% cotton, I had to order a large and if they weren't, I could order a medium.

I got a few things from Kohl's, but be warned - they shrink a LOT, like a whole size or more, so make sure you get a size bigger than normal.

April 25th, 2010, 04:28 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoky View Post
I bought my jeans at Motherhood Maternity because I need a 34" inseam, and Old Navy's talls are only 32".
My experience has been opposite. All of my tall Old Navy jeans are 34" inseam. Two Motherhood stores told me that they did not carry pants in talls at their store and the regular inseam were highwaters on me.
April 25th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_dawson View Post
I ended up getting 2 pairs of jeans from motherhood maternity, but they would fall down even up to the very end. The smallest size they carry is small and even at 9 months I'd take two steps and start getting a droopy butt. I had to pull those up all the time!
I am having this same issue with my maternity jeans from Motherhood, but thought maybe it's because I'm only 6 months pregnant. I hate that they only carry small/medium/large. I bought the smalls but they are constantly falling down, I'm always pulling them up. I had an embarrassing moment tonight at the grocery store when DH said "Um...your pants..." and I looked, and like 3 INCHES of the panel was showing under my shirt because they'd slid down so far. How mortifying!
April 25th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my maternity pants/capris from Motherhood - I loved the Secret Fit belly and wore the jeans for about a month PP. I didn't care for the Old Navy jeans I got, I wore then only a couple of times in my early second trimester. Oh and I got a couple pairs of shorts with the Secret Fit belly from Kohls and I liked those too.

I bought lots of tops from Old Navy and Target. I liked my Target tops the best - they were more stylish than the Old Navy ones - which often seemed too . . . maternal

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
April 25th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
The only places I lucked out were Old Navy (BIG time! - especially for jeans) and Target. Motherhood was hit or miss for me.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

April 26th, 2010, 06:31 AM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
My experience has been opposite. All of my tall Old Navy jeans are 34" inseam. Two Motherhood stores told me that they did not carry pants in talls at their store and the regular inseam were highwaters on me.
Ah that's interesting! They don't carry talls in the store near me, so I was going off reviews I read online, never having a chance to try them on, I never tried buying them online because people said they only had 32". My motherhood does carry tall, but there's only one style/color of jeans in tall, so I have three identical pairs I look like I'm wearing the same pants every day, but at least they fit!

April 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the best luck at Old Navy. Target was okay but the selection was really small here. Motherhood was just too expensive for my liking!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search