Mini-rant... Me minus sleep = UGH....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
I had THE most horrible night's sleep last night. The worst. Of course, at this point that is just par for the course, as I haven't been getting much quality sleep at all - but last night seriously takes the cake.

I went to bed at 9PM, being so tired already... Hubby came to bed at 10... And he drifted right off to sleep (the big *****...)

Around 10:30, I got up and made coffee for DH for the morning, and called my Dad to talk business since I was bored. Back to bed at 11... Only to get body-slammed from the inside, out. Repetitively. UNTIL 11:45 AT NIGHT.

I love Izzy, I do... And I love feeling her kicks during the day, and I love it when DH gets to feel them and gets that cute little smile on his face from playing with his baby girl. But for the love of you-know-who, I know I'm not getting much sleep when she is born - why can't she let me sleep NOW?!?!

I woke up every 30 minutes from that point on, and stayed awake for about 10 minutes while she proceeded to kick my sides. No matter which side I laid on, she kicked that side until I rolled over. Then she kicked the other side for a few minutes, until finally quieting down and letting me get some sleep. I swear, its like she's trying to jump on the bed THROUGH my uterus.

After 4.5 hours of broken sleep (only about 3.5 of which I was actually sleeping for), I woke up at 4:45 and laid there, waiting for the 5AM alarm to go off. And got out of bed. And now I feel like poo, completely exhausted, but unable to get back to sleep because I'm "not that kind of tired."

Sorry to complain, I just needed to vent... I'm SO exhausted right now from the lack of sleep, I can't wait until baby has less room and can't move around so much... Of course, I'd still rather have insomnia and early wakings from baby than sobbing and taking my temperature, but it still isn't fun.

Does the kicking get easier to deal with in the third tri? Or is this just the rest of my pregnancy, in a nut shell? I NEED SLEEP!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
April 30th, 2010, 09:05 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

hope she slows down a bit so you can sleep...fwiw, I had my worst sleep from 27-30wks, then it got better ill about 38wks, then worse again...

but, try to get as much as you can now...

K has taken to waking up at 2am, and yea...thats when he wakes up and will scream bloody murder if I try to put him back down after nursing...so, thats when I've woken up for the last 4 days except Sunday night - when he gave me a break and went back down for 4 more hours!

Last edited by fromustobaby; April 30th, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
April 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Well that is a bit of relief, knowing that this sleep phase won't last forever! It's just so hard to know that I'll keep going on like this after baby is born, I want to get more sleep now SO badly because I just KNOW I'm going to be exhausted once she gets here... But she won't let me!

Our little troublemaker... LOL!

- and -
April 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Julie's kicking and moving doesn't bother me one bit while I'm sleeping. She'll bounce all around when I'm laying there but IDK, it just doesn't keep me from getting any rest. Although, I don't sleep well because I'm a stomach sleeper and so I can't really get comfortable anyways.

I hope it does get better for you though.
April 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG Cheryl, I totally feel your pain. Paige did the same thing to me...I love the kicks, but girl come on!!! Momma's got to sleep! Towards the end the kicks were soooooo painful it was absolutely no fun anymore. The kicks would literally double me over in pain..UGH. I don't miss that. Just as I was beginning to think of #2...I remember this now!!!! I would have a bad night here and there but overall, I think it gets better when she gets a little bigger and doesn't have that much room to move around in...I swear she was doing roundhouse kicks in there! Hang in the sweetie!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

April 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Girl, I totally feel ya! Lilyan does sleep while I am sleeping, but my carparal tunnel has me up just about the often on a bad night. Its terrible....Im just cranky and tired the next day.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
April 30th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My sleeping troubles didn't begin until around 32-33 weeks and still haven't gotten better Now he's just kicking and screaming on the outside

I hope you get some rest soon!
April 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks girls!

And Candace, luckily my carpal tunnel only hurts during the DAY - although it is getting worse and worse, and did wake me up once last night... Or at least I think it did. My fingers were burning when I woke up, but it could have been the burning or a kick - I really don't know

- and -
May 1st, 2010, 07:31 AM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the body starts to prepare you for sleepless nights after the baby comes. Just rest up when you can while youre prego. (I know it's hard the further along you get) Good luck chica!

May 1st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I'm so sorry Cheryl...Rayanne's kicking doesn't bother me when I am sleeping, my hips do...I hope you were able to get a better nights sleep last night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search